Author Topic: Map - Suicide Pyramid  (Read 7379 times)

Krewzer

• Stingray
Re: Map - Suicide Pyramid
« Reply #20 on: May 25, 2008, 02:05:15 AM »
i_am_a_pirate:
  Yes, the sky is not a box.  Because the map is so open I've angled the sky sortof how you show it. But actually it's at more of an angle and has compound angles around the map. The very top of the sky between pyramid tops is a angled box between them just like you show.
  It sounds like if you try hard enough, you'll find a way to hit your head no matter how high I raise the sky. I'll look at raising the sky more but I'd like to keep the rspeeds reasonable.
  This map actually already supports siege... I just forgot to include siege in the mapinfo. I'll fix that, thanks for reminding me.

Jitspoe: I spent soooo much time making that brick textrue line up... I'm really not wanting to even touch it anymore. The inside and outside of the pyramid bricks don't line up because of the angles. I'm sure you know what I'm talking about, and just replacing it may be an even swap out but... argghhh! ;(

i_am_a_pirate

• Autococker
« Reply #21 on: May 25, 2008, 02:38:14 AM »
I'll look at raising the sky more but I'd like to keep the rspeeds reasonable.
What you've done is the best thing, just make that box (like I showed) bigger.

It's not that hard, all you have to do ius stand at the top of one of them and strafe jump towards the other, and you easily launch off the other and hit your head.

Hope that helps

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #22 on: January 29, 2012, 11:07:41 PM »
Not sure if you're still planning to do anything with this, but I just played it in KOTH mode, and it's probably the best KOTH mode map there is.  It was a lot of fun, and people actually figured out what was going on.  I don't know about for CTF mode, but for KOTH, I think all it needs is some nice custom textures that fit the theme a bit better.  Let me know if you're interested, and I could make a wider version of one of the HR4 textures that would fit a bit better.

NJIN

• VM-68
« Reply #23 on: January 30, 2012, 03:30:04 PM »
nice looking map

omni

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #24 on: January 30, 2012, 05:14:55 PM »
I think KOTH has the potential to be  the best game mode if played correctly it can be very team based event and I don't think it gets played enough in my opinion shame krewzer's other KOTH map stack was great fun when I used to play at school.

Toxiic

• Autococker
« Reply #25 on: January 31, 2012, 11:35:38 AM »
This map is beast, most likely the fun map you would ply. All you need is a little bit more adjustments and your set. Good map.

Rockyar_96

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #26 on: February 01, 2012, 01:12:28 PM »
i don't know, but i think krewzer won't come back...

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #27 on: February 24, 2023, 03:37:26 AM »
So I don't think there are any glaring issues with this one.  I'll probably just move it out of beta unless somebody has any issues to point out.