Author Topic: new map: credere | final  (Read 12120 times)

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
Re: new map: credere_b6
« Reply #40 on: January 12, 2014, 10:23:57 PM »
After playing this with a bunch of people, I think I may have to revise the judging a bit.  The lines from base to base are just too open.  You literally spawn in line of sight of the enemy and can shoot them without either of you moving.  There needs to be more cover or something.  It's just a giant cluster at the beginning of the round.

The center flag seemed like it was almost a waste of time to grab as well, since it was more effective to just get as many main flags as possible.

I don't think anybody used the high BD path.  The pace was much too fast.

I don't think I like the low path (especially in the latest beta).  It makes it too easy to avoid encounters.  I thought having another entrance to the base would be a good thing, but now I'm thinking otherwise.

My suggestion would be to remove the lower path and make some significant alterations to the middle to remove direct line of sight from base to base.

I've attached a demo of the play test.  Granted, there were way more people than the map was designed for, but I think some changes would make it play better for fewer people as well.  Disregard the first 2-3 minutes as I was uploading some stuff to the server, causing everything to be all laggy.

MaTzeMR

• 68 Carbine
Re: new map: credere_b6
« Reply #41 on: April 27, 2014, 07:32:42 AM »
Final Version is there, just wanted to finish dat crap.