Author Topic: _  (Read 51660 times)

Gibb

• Stingray
Re: eR33t is dropping from PBCup
« Reply #40 on: July 31, 2006, 12:44:04 PM »
Very respectable choice, I think most people would agree your team is talented enough to win a championship without them. 

loial21

• Autococker
« Reply #41 on: July 31, 2006, 01:39:44 PM »
This has already been stated a little bit, but as a league that wants to promote FUN, FAIR, and RESPECTFUL play by all participating teams.
+1 gaming morals. Something e3rrt mocks and ignores. They self inflicted this and all I see is excuses no ownership of responsibility. Like a child taking thier ball home, saying I quit. I expected more. 

Brewsky

• Stingray
« Reply #42 on: July 31, 2006, 02:17:14 PM »
not only did they take their ball home, loial21, but they took their shoes home, and their backpacks home, AND THEY TOOK THEIR LUNCHBOXES, AND THEIR TRAPPER KEEPERS, AND THEY KICKED DOWN THE DOORS TO THEIR BEDROOMS AND CHOPPED THEIR MOTHER F@#%* BEDFRAMES IN HALF LIKE BYAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

Y2J

• VM-68
« Reply #43 on: July 31, 2006, 03:01:21 PM »

They self inflicted this and all I see is excuses no ownership of responsibility.

I'm all for suspending the players that broke the rules, I don't see how a forfeit is waranted though. It's not distracting enough to cost someone the game. It's a cheap attempt by ch1ll to gain the win, and making excuses for their own loss. And somehow it worked.

lekky

• Autococker
« Reply #44 on: July 31, 2006, 03:14:02 PM »
IF YOU WANT TO MAKE SURE THAT YOU DON'T FORFEIT A MAP, DONT TALK IN MM1. ITS A SIMPLE RULE TO UNDERSTAND AND FOLLOW.

Lunatic

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #45 on: July 31, 2006, 03:55:27 PM »
Team Insane out of roster tickets :-\
Dominated.

SkateR

• Autococker
« Reply #46 on: July 31, 2006, 03:57:03 PM »
We dont need eR33t to beat you.

bitmate

• Autococker
« Reply #47 on: July 31, 2006, 04:01:26 PM »
Hohohoho. ;)

Gibb

• Stingray
« Reply #48 on: July 31, 2006, 04:19:06 PM »

They self inflicted this and all I see is excuses no ownership of responsibility.

I'm all for suspending the players that broke the rules, I don't see how a forfeit is waranted though. It's not distracting enough to cost someone the game. It's a cheap attempt by ch1ll to gain the win, and making excuses for their own loss. And somehow it worked.

See paragraphs 4, 5, 6, and 8 of my post on page 2

loial21

• Autococker
« Reply #49 on: July 31, 2006, 05:00:10 PM »
Factual question.
Skeeter, then why ever have them match in your clan for any reason, ever? If you dont need them. Laughs at your face. I am sure sk8ter is right about not needing them. I just find it typically ironic and hella funny.

Y2J,
Even with a forfiet would that have forced you out of playoff contention?  My guess is no. Then why quit?

The only thing cheap is your clan dropping out of pbcup.

Part of the game is following the rules not just making backdoor jumps and never missing a shot.

Time and time again the rules were flaunted and ever clan ridiculed by your clan as a whole and not just during the summer season.

Perhaps this single infraction does not deserve a 'forfiet' per-say. But as stated and demos proving that this is not a single infraction.

While your at 'quiting' why dont you just give up the spring title?

Y2J

• VM-68
« Reply #50 on: July 31, 2006, 05:05:55 PM »
What angers me is you guys act like its the end of the world if someone has to type in the command to ignore a player... People trash talk all the time, everywhere. It's not often you get a chance to totally ignore it. take advantage of the feature if it bothers you so meddling much. A forfeit should come as a result of someone hacking or double clanning. Those change the outcome of a game, not someone typing lmfao in mm1.

SkateR

• Autococker
« Reply #51 on: July 31, 2006, 05:27:52 PM »
Loial, even if I were to take the wins off in which someone from eR33t has played we would be about 140-34 so...shut up about that, Please.

loial21

• Autococker
« Reply #52 on: July 31, 2006, 05:36:15 PM »
Y2J acting like its the end of the world?  ITS AGAINST THE FREAKING RULES. OBEY THEM OR CHANGE THEM. Besides your clan QUIT becuase they refuse to follow rules and accept punishment, end of story.

Sorry to see all this happen. It could have been avoided had 'thy mouths' been shut and just played. Now who is acting like its the end of the world.  cant even keep you mouths shut for the sake of a win.

Which is more incumbent for a player?
1. Type ignore.
2. Follow the rules.

GG. Have a good day sir. 

SK8,
And? You never bothered to challenge my main question.
Why dont you make a new topic in under 'clans' and we can discuss my question. This is not needed here. Sorry forum readers.

Dirty_Taco

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
_
« Reply #53 on: July 31, 2006, 05:55:24 PM »
Post removed
« Last Edit: July 26, 2010, 12:35:29 AM by Dirty_Taco »

Y2J

• VM-68
« Reply #54 on: July 31, 2006, 05:56:43 PM »
Why should a team have to forfeit for what one individual did? If barry bonds gets caught doping, the giants don't forfeit their whole season. If bob talks in mm1, we shouldn't have to forfeit the game he played.

What bothers me is ch1ll lost, got outplayed, no cheating involved, and then they use a stupid rule to gain the win. If it were spamming it would have been one thing, but it wasn't. And it's not like you can't control what you see.

I just want the people of this community to grow some balls and stop acting like this is a just rule. No team should forfeit because of the actions of one player talking. One player hacking I could argue either way for, but for talking? no. It's meddling ridiculous, and if you can't handle typing ignore player# , you think it's too much of a hassle, that's pathetic.

loial21

• Autococker
« Reply #55 on: July 31, 2006, 06:08:28 PM »
Again.

Which is more incumbent for a player?
1. Type ignore.
2. Follow the rules.

It's  ridiculous, and if you can't handle typing ignore player# , you think it's too much of a hassle, that's pathetic.
WRONG! If you cant handle playing by rules and you think that is too much of a hassle thats not just pathetic it forfitable and probaly best for all that you dont play to begin with. Now thats a waste your time and talent. Go kick bob not the refs. They are just enforcing something you agreed to. Even little minded Loial knows this.   

Y2J

• VM-68
« Reply #56 on: July 31, 2006, 06:09:05 PM »
when did i ever agree to it.. i think it's a stupid rule and should be changed

Gibb

• Stingray
« Reply #57 on: July 31, 2006, 06:25:22 PM »
I believe he means you agreed to abide by the rules when your team joined the league.

loial21

• Autococker
« Reply #58 on: July 31, 2006, 07:45:19 PM »
Thank you Gibb. Y2J you also could have participated in asking that rule to be changed before or after your clan went home.

One more correction.

If barry bonds gets caught doping, the giants don't forfeit their whole season.
First you guys quit you and still had games to play, right? I dont know but I am guessing your team would have qualified for the playoffs? Your team did not have to quit. Just accept the punishment and continue playing, oh and make sure you dont violate any more rules.<<<< Look a solution to the entire  mess.

This is exactly why every team leader should have a vote on subject matters, regarding pbcup matters. In this case violations of rules and the punishments.

lekky

• Autococker
« Reply #59 on: July 31, 2006, 07:49:58 PM »
There is really no argument what so ever.

I don't understand why this thread is still alive.

Y2J is angry as he wants to play PBCup, which i can understand. However, he is venting his frustrations in the wrong direction. They should be targeted at his teammates.

For breaking the PBCup rules teh team forfeited one map. There can be no argument about where the blames lies with this, it is down to the rulebreaker, not those who enforce said rules.

Now, it is his teammates who decided to quit PBCup, this decision was not forced upon them, or taken out of their hands. This was their own decision.

If Y2J feels anger that his team is no longer in PBCup, take it out on your team who quit, rather than making yourself look foolish in this thread.