Author Topic: 2020 SPRING CORONA 3VS3 TOURNAMENT  (Read 2820 times)

redguy

• PGP
2020 SPRING CORONA 3VS3 TOURNAMENT
« on: April 13, 2020, 04:46:58 AM »
Since servers has been more or less filled with players the last weeks, lets see if we have enough participants for a new tournament.

DATE & TIME

25th of April - 06:30 PM (GMT +2)

Plan is to host the tournament in-between the Social Saturdays, so players still have the chance to participate in those events too. If your teammate is busy at a given time during the tournament, you can use a sub/ringer. This is acceptable as long as they have not played in the tournament up until that point (means you can also use subs/ringers in the upcoming rounds).

RULES

Known rules. Do not cheat. Try to show up on time and play fair. Super-simplified: Dont be an excretory opening.
Also refer to the official match rules set out by rockitude (https://forums.digitalpaint.org/index.php?topic=28490.0).

Tournament specific rules

- Double Elimination. Winning team advances to next round. Losers have a chance to redeem themselves in Losers Bracket with the possibility advancing all the way to finals
 - Disconnecting during rounds (i. e. to prevent caps) will count as a forfeit, which means 50 - 0. Reconnecting in between rounds to fix (lag) issues are allowed. If you feel like a team abuses this rule, write a message in the event-channel. Both teams need to provide demos for reviewing in such a case. Side note: Don't reconnect without a clear reason. I will try to set up some statistics at the end of this tournament.
 - Tournament is single map double elimination. However, this rule can be changed. If this is the case, please also look at the MAPS section, mainly because if this should occur it will require the addition of new rules.
 - Discord Account is required. Announcements and communication will happen there.
 - Higher seeded duo (the duo who are closer to the top of the bracket) has to post SCREENSHOTS of each match.
 - Fun tags and trashtalk are welcomed. However, refer here to the "super simplified" rule.
 - Demos and/or Livestreams for the community are welcomed.
 - FINAL ROUND will be BO3 with the classic rules. Again, refer here to the official match rules.

Changes are going to be added here and announced in the #spring_tourny server in discord.
If you are still not in the DP-Discord server, look at JMR's post and click on the given link there: https://forums.digitalpaint.org/index.php?topic=28347.0

SERVERS [PLANNED]
Players are to play on EU servers provided by Ic3y, with the exception of teams who have mutually agreed upon playing on another server. This is to allow NA players to play comfortably too.

MAPS
Maps that have dominated the competitive scene:

pbcup_pforest, pbcup_renoir, propaint1, wobluda_fix, airtime, duck_fix_b6, castle1, carpathian and daylight_b1.

Each team elims a map that they do not want to play from the list until there is one left. Team at the top of the bracket elim's first, team at the bottom gets to select team colour.
Feel free to name obvious maps that are a must-have for such tournaments.

SIGNUPS

Reply in this thread OR message me on discord. Last-minute signups are fine as long you can find a teammate. I also will create an open-group, so players can team up with other solos. Please provide the nicks of the actual players and possible substitutes.

-------------------------------- Participants -------------------------------

- #sPec# omni, Mission, jmr and sTomPeR
 - .CROWN. zenit, sqz and jeongwa
 - cm8t rockitude, picky, proj, luck and dang
 - team [kuc] zimtstern, marawana, edgecrusher
 - cX braindamaged , spartax, elpapi and xico
 - og Visa , redguy, wings, santa
 - team ??: voxl , kupio, iNLer
 - team ?? Ascra,  lwsi, ernesto

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------- OPEN GROUP -------------------------

- SMN
- TraPzes
- Idias
- TiNi
- berserk
- jitspoe
- spawn

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

« Last Edit: April 26, 2020, 04:18:49 AM by redguy »

3lf

• Map Committee
  • VM-68
Re: 2020 SPRING CORONA 2VS2 TOURNAMENT
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2020, 05:07:05 AM »
Nice to see activity in trying to revive the competitive scene.

How many teams are you expecting? And how many have to sign up for the tournament to start?

Also is saturday the best day for this? Some players suggested that they would much rather have an event on sunday instead. If you really want people to take part in both social saturday and this, wouldn't sunday be more optimal day?

omni

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2020, 09:09:50 AM »
Hi sign #sPec# up please, sTomPeR and I will play!

redguy

• PGP
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2020, 03:59:23 AM »
Currently planning some changes of the teamsize (yes, a possible 3VS3 is coming!), maplist and maybe even format. Stay tuned!
I also decided not to update the signup-list until next week, mainly because players and teams are not 100% sure if they can participate. Feel free to dm me via discord if you wanna know the "sign-up list" or if you are looking for other solos.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2020, 04:39:03 AM »
I might be able to play, but it will be tough for my nocturnal sleeping schedule. :)

Squeeze

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2020, 05:33:52 AM »
If there will be enough sacrificial lambs, we will take over and make a sacrifice of these lambs to jitspoe in a great victories. Until there is a great amount of teams that would catch our attention to take their souls away from them, we won't sign up. If there will be enough lambs to slay, we will gladly participate. Bring them all.

Ranger

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2020, 10:29:02 AM »
Why not to bring more original maplist and rules? I vote for blackout  for dead ones.

Morphin

• VM-68
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2020, 01:46:42 PM »
cm8t - picky, prozajik, rockitude, luckmore, dang

Tini

• VM-68
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2020, 02:15:23 PM »
I'm interested as a Free agent

Spawn

• PGP
Re: 2020 SPRING CORONA 3VS3 TOURNAMENT
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2020, 09:54:49 AM »
Sign me up as a free agent as well.

dystro

• Stingray
« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2020, 04:43:56 PM »
I'll 1 vs all the euros at once.   8)

Squeeze

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2020, 03:55:13 AM »
Dystro, since you do not have knowledge how to leave base, I don't know if that's possible...

Squeeze

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2020, 04:52:49 PM »
Brackets: https://challonge.com/DP22020

Winning team POV: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/602643479

I enjoyed this tournament a lot, thanks for organizing such a thing, big respect to @Redguy to invest time into thing like this. You put time and effort into this and I really appreciate it as my teammates do.We only had a chance to play against 3 teams out of 8 and that made me sad. I'm pretty sure it would be enjoyable to play against all teams that participated, but it is how it is. I hope all players enjoyed this tournament, it was fun.