Re: wobulda parody - zntcantjump
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2021, 06:56:36 AM »
I can respect it

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
Re: wobulda parody - zntcantjump
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2021, 02:15:28 PM »
I renamed the map to zntcantjump_b1 before putting it on the servers.  Here's the guide for releasing a new map: https://forums.digitalpaint.org/index.php?topic=5149.0

Based on the first impressions from people in voice chat when we played on Social Saturday, a lot of people were very confused as to where to go.  I think part of it might be due to the same brick texture everywhere.  You might consider using red and blue teams with red brick on one side and blue brick on the other along with some other visual landmarks to make it easier to tell where you are and/or make the paths clearer somehow?  Also, maybe scale the brick textures down.  They looked a bit weird at that size.  The map looks very similar to that one sanctum map, which has the same problem of people getting lost and confused.

The low path felt unnecessary -- seemed there was plenty of playable space without it.

Finally, I think all the crate and barrel textures are misaligned -- might want to make a pass at those once you get the layout dialed in.