Author Topic: Committe Organizational startup topic thingy  (Read 30019 times)

Donk

• PGP
Re: Committe Organizational startup topic thingy
« Reply #40 on: March 29, 2004, 05:39:53 PM »
Borg hasnt lead a successful clan for more than 2 weeks <--- LOLOLOLOLOL

Anyways, i know most of my maps suck, but excrement, i've made over 25 of them with more too come. I'm pretty sure thats more than anyone thats ever mapped.

...?  Cyko used to pump out 25 maps per week.  I'm not saying they were good, but for some reason people believe that mapping is hit or miss. Just create and create until you get a winner.  No.
 And Borgus...
 Did you lead DsC? seems to me that Punisher did. Any following clans by the same name were little more than pathetic attempts to live in the shadow of a fallen great.  

Oh, and I find it infinitely humorous that such a big deal is being made of organizing this league.  I don't know that the community at this point has an average maturity level high enough to maintain such a thing.  Due to the high interest levels created by the alphas there has been a massive influx of newbies to the game. That's great. In a matter of months perhaps there will be a stable community after some of these newbies get their footing.  I understand that the league is an attempt to try and bring back several older players and to maintain interest in the game of those who have been playing it, however the majority of players out there have not been around long enough to have seen the many, many leagues that have attempted to exist and failed miserably.
 And Team XP,
 Why are you so hard up to include them?  If they aren't stepping forward with a figurehead, perhaps they don't want to compete? Forcing their entry will do little more than screw up the brackets if and when the league does come around.  

Another point, why should eR33t match without Blitz? It's fairly common knowledge that he is one of our stronger players, if not the strongest.  For you to ask us to match without him.... Isn't that kind of like asking us to tie one hand behind our back to fight you?  Come on now, have some balls.  

And I'm spent...
 -Donk

RoyalBlood

• VM-68
« Reply #41 on: March 29, 2004, 06:03:29 PM »
You are correct Donk.  It wouldnt be a good idea to make the league right now.  But since there are so many newbies playing, its important to try to develop them properly so that in a few months when we do start a league they will be prepared.  Plus some newbies might get turned off by the low standards of matching that is predominant out there.  Thats what turned off most old school players whenever they thought about coming back over the last few years.  I know it did to me.  You come back cuz you remember the reasons why you enjoyed and played the game in the first place, but when you actually spend time on the servers and play a few matches, then you are instantly reminded of why you left.  Some of us want to make matching better again and we arent going to give up in that effort!

Dirty_Taco

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #42 on: March 30, 2004, 10:29:39 AM »
I'd like to think that the latter half of my maps significantly better than any of cyko's maps. Yes my first 10 maps or whatever i shouldn't have released, but that was just immaturity in middle school/early high school.

Borgus lead many clans more than 2 weeks. The last of which beat your beloved eR33t on more than one occasion and would still be around had 2 of its members not almost cost borgus his job.

What im trying to say is that i've done alot of positive work for this community whether it be mapping, helping newbies, or participating in clan activity, and promoting the game. Anyony can pump out 25 poor maps, i'm not saying that i should be elected soley on the grouds of mapping, i'm just using mapping as a principle towards positive achievement since thats the thing i've put the most effort into.

As for only matching with blitz.. i don't really care, alot of clans do that and have done that, only matching when they have their leader or strongest player. No faults there.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2004, 11:54:43 AM by Dirty_Taco »

acid

• PGP
« Reply #43 on: March 30, 2004, 11:25:54 AM »
This is getting out of hand. This wont be a good start to any committe. Lets just let jitspoe assign 5-6 committe members (not counting himself). He made the game, hes active, he knows a fair amount of the players. Getting this to complex will kill it, allowing stupid people to be in the committe will kill it, it getting this much negative publicity will kill it.

I vote let jitspoe decide and lets get this roling. If you dont get selected you can still contribute in which ever ways you want.

Vince

Note: the only reason i brought up the blitz thing is that he is the only one who doesnt brag/be merry about er33t doing well...when he is the one doing well for er33t, dont get me wrong er33t has many other great players but if you want to talk excrement about you owning show us how much YOU own.

If you think this is a false statement i would love to schedual a match with you.

Borgus

• PGP
« Reply #44 on: March 30, 2004, 12:58:18 PM »
I think people should spend less time trying to better their own position and more time recognizing what is best for the community.

Seeing the list of nominations is not surprising at all. I wholehartedly agree with everyone's name that is on that list. As far as limiting representives to one per clan, I do not think that is a wise idea at all. Several of the guys from clan smurf have really good ideas AND have showed their devotion to the mod. I know that I would like to hear what each of them had to say. I can say, without bias, that I can concur with prozak's nominations as well. I really like the direction to which this committee is headed. but I think if we put an immidiate cap on the amount of members involved, we will be missing out on what some really wise people had to say. And I know you are going to say "well they would still be represented by their spokesperson," but that isnt always true. I know i differ with acid and taco on a variety of issues, and its good to hear all sides of the issue in a public forum format so that, as a committee, we can come to an educated conclusion. Everyone on that list is a mature individual, we are big boys now and we can handle ourselves in a respectable manner.

In my defense to the previous statements made by Y2J...I dont really need to defend such asinine comments from such an asinine individual. Any respectable member of this community can see right through the lies and deceit put forth in previous replies in an effort to hender the progress of this committee. If you wish to argue the legitmacy of my committment to DP, message me on irc. That kind of talk really has no place here.

my 2 cents.
-Borg-
« Last Edit: March 30, 2004, 01:05:47 PM by Borgus »

Eiii

• Autococker
« Reply #45 on: March 30, 2004, 07:23:04 PM »
let's just let jit choose people...no limit. we might miss out on some good people! ;)

RoyalBlood

• VM-68
« Reply #46 on: March 31, 2004, 01:21:30 PM »
Or how about we just do it the way it was originally planned.  I was just observing what would happen.  Notice how initially everyone was so motivated and then it kind of died out.  That was my worry.    That is how a lot of people are.  They think they are interested in this or that they are deserving, but really they are neither.  Also I was individually asking each clan who their representative is, since some clans had more than one, but I still havent gotten a decision yet.  Anyway I just got home from work and am tired and probably not making a lot of sense.  I think any legit and active clan right now deserves a representative.  So according to that, here is the committee as of now.

Jitspoe
Calrathan
RoyalBlood (DOM)
Oddjob (Smurf)
y2j (er33t)
Merl or Xbain (SprayPaint)
someone from cP, just dont know exactly who =)

I suggest we just go ahead and start with this.  At least we can get started and elect a moderator and then decide on how the committee will work and if we should allow any other members.  How does that sound to you guys?

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #47 on: March 31, 2004, 01:52:00 PM »
Do you want me to make a separate section in the forum or what?

Dirty_Taco

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #48 on: March 31, 2004, 02:24:37 PM »
yea do that jits

Borgus

• PGP
« Reply #49 on: March 31, 2004, 09:17:09 PM »
RB,

Why not have everyone who was on your original list take part in the comittee. Just limit those people who are from the same clan to one vote.

Jit,
Yah, that sounds good...tack a forum on  ;D

-Borg-

RoyalBlood

• VM-68
« Reply #50 on: April 01, 2004, 01:23:52 PM »
Why not have everyone who was on your original list take part in the comittee. Just limit those people who are from the same clan to one vote.

Well I was reflecting the work Belmont did on what actual active clans are out there that can regularly match 4v4 or more, which is what we are trying to set the standards for.  Any other clans I left off can be added, its just a matter of I wasnt sure fi they are even alive or not at the moment.

And as for the other players such as FourthX and Zimbu, etc... I dont know if they even want to participate or not, they were just nominated.  So I didnt include them since I havent heard anything specific from them.

Either way is good.  The importance is that we get people who are SERIOUS about it.  Not just people who want to be included.  PersonA sees that PersonB is in the committee and thinks to himself, "I am more deserving than PersonB" and then automatically wants to be involved regardless of whether or not he actually will participate in it.  You know what i'm saying?

Either way, yes a new forum would be great for this Jitspoe.  And we need to finalize who specifically should participate.  I think my last listing is best as a starting point.  We just need to start somewhere and usually starting small is best.  Then we can add a few more members.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2004, 01:25:41 PM by RoyalBlood »

Dirty_Taco

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #51 on: April 01, 2004, 09:18:16 PM »
lol FourthX is in a clan #team_coldfusion

acid

• PGP
« Reply #52 on: April 02, 2004, 08:33:51 AM »
Well in the real world bigger states count for more votes...shouldnt bigger clans as well /me giggles

FourthX

• Developer
  • 68 Carbine
« Reply #53 on: April 02, 2004, 08:51:00 AM »
I said on IRC that I was willing, I restate it here.

cP-CRASH

• PGP
« Reply #54 on: April 02, 2004, 09:24:17 AM »
What kind of decisions will this "committe" be making?

RoyalBlood

• VM-68
« Reply #55 on: April 02, 2004, 12:54:58 PM »
What kind of decisions will this "committe" be making?

Read the rest of this thread and that other one about the committee and you will know more than you probably want.

I said on IRC that I was willing, I restate it here.

I never knew this.  I wont even ask if ColdFusion is active or has enough players, your other deeds are enough  :)

Well in the real world bigger states count for more votes...shouldnt bigger clans as well * acid giggles

The answer to that is very simple.  It just wouldnt work.  How do you define it?  Should a all newbie clan with 30 mostly inactive and ignorant members get more representatives and votes than a 10 person clan who every single person is active and contributes to the community in some way?  The committee would collapse into failure.

I find it funny that certain clans still haven't picked a sole representative, but have done plenty of talking, esp about why or why not there should be more than one representative per clan.  If you pick a rep and we get started, then your rep can try to work the committee and let someone else in too.  Just pick one already.  Not to mention that every clan should have a sole representative just for general clanning anyway.  Something like scheduling matches runs a lot smoother when only 1 person from each clan communicate to one another for the whole clan.  Same thing during a match.  Things can get out of control and downright lame if 3 or 4 people from each clan are all trying to talk at once.  Just let 1 rep from each clan talk.  If you have a hard time picking a representative, just look on the forum and see who has been more active and contributing the most on this subject to begin with and pick him.  Simple enough and probably the person who would be the best  for the job in the first place...

Dirty_Taco

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #56 on: April 02, 2004, 02:42:17 PM »
see thats the thing, borgus, acid, and i all schedule matches and all do different things the typical leader of a clan would do :/. Also i think cid was joking about the state vote thing :)

James

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #57 on: April 02, 2004, 05:03:44 PM »
just fn choose one. it's not hard. you all have your input to that one person for them to share.

BigT

• Stingray
« Reply #58 on: January 11, 2005, 11:25:53 PM »
Yeah warwulf is da bomb