Author Topic: DP Committee  (Read 6899 times)

RoyalBlood

• VM-68
DP Committee
« on: March 22, 2004, 09:02:49 PM »
I dont mean to start another post, but I think this should be kept seperate and should be first.  Any edits or additions to this I will just do on this first post so that this thread doesnt get too long and everyone can easily see the current version  of this file.

--------------------------
- DP COMMITTEE -
--------------------------

Disclaimer:  This is a work in progress and not really organized entirely too well just yet.

This is just various ideas that have come up and been generally agreed on by myself and

several other DP'ers of the community who are held in high respect, more or less.  Quite a

bit of this will be officially put together by the actual committee once it has been formed.

GENERAL
----------------
- at least 1 rep per active and legit clan
- additional reps based on positive achievement towards the game and community
- no formal limit on reps per clan
- in special cases where an individual deserves to be nominated but is already in a clan

with the max reps, the committee will vote to let him in or not
- every clan has 1 equal vote
- the committee shall nominate and elect a leader to moderate the committee when needed
- moderator is neutral and will not have a vote
- in the RARE situation where the committee can not come to an acceptable agreement, the

moderator is allowed to take action

FORMATION
------------------
The initial committee will be formed by nomination from the people.  A list of these

possibilities with their qualifications will be compiled and looked at.  Anyone who doesn't

seem like they should belong will be tossed off, anyone who seems like they should be in

will be checked in and eventually we will have our commitee.

Anyone can just about nominate anyone else with a few stipulations.
- nominations for clan representatives should only be made by members of that clan
- nominations should be actively involved in the game or community

Note: This is not a vote.  It does not matter who gets the most nominations, just that you

get nominated period and then informally decided that you deserve that nomination.

EXPANSION
-----------------
Hopefully more clans will emerge and more people deserving of being involved in the

committee will come around.  The initial committee will agree on a procedure for recognizing

new and legit clans and electing new members into the committee.

A few ideas I have on that so far:
- if a new clan meets the requirements, that clan shall be allowed to nominate a

representative into the committee
- anyone in the community can nominate any individual that they think deserves to be

involved, based on their contributions to the game and community.  The committee will then

review the case and vote to elect him in or not.
- in the event that a clan dies, a vote will be held by the rest of the committee (not

including members involved) to decide whether or not that member can stay in or not
- any member of the committee who questions the level of activity and contributions of

another member can request a .  The moderator will review the case and decide if its a valid

clan, in which case if it is the committee will vote on it.

PURPOSE
--------------
Ok so we formed a committee - now what are we supposed to do?  Basically there will be a

private forum where we will bring up issues and ideas.  Everyone will be able to read and

discuss these issues.  Eventually we will have a formal meeting where we will discuss the

issue at stake one last time and then make a vote.

Some ideas that could be open for discussion:
- standardizing match format and rules
- requirements for clan legitimization
- acceptable maps, espcially for use in matching
- recommended server settings / try to get server admins to follow most of the time
- maybe design a clan/matching website
- deal with various issues that may arise in the community
« Last Edit: March 25, 2004, 07:50:22 PM by RoyalBlood »

Belmont

• Stingray
Re: DP Committee
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2004, 09:15:17 PM »
form the goshdarn comittee! :P

Excalibur

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2004, 11:56:49 PM »
nooo this is like the house of rep. dont do this to paintball NOT IN PAINTBALL!

oddjob

• VM-68
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2004, 06:31:19 AM »
This is the first step to forming an organized league excalibur so this needs to happen and i think its a great idea.

Belmont

• Stingray
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2004, 08:21:07 AM »
Yes, all the necessary steps must be taken.  This is the first of many.

Borgus

• PGP
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2004, 01:32:26 PM »
Elequently put ;)

Eiii

• Autococker
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2004, 02:26:27 PM »
agreed

Darkphyre

• PGP
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2004, 05:04:17 PM »
nifty, someones finally taking controll of things again. I might actually jump back into the clan game if this keeps up  :o

RoyalBlood

• VM-68
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2004, 08:25:47 PM »
Yes, please come back  ;D

Belmont

• Stingray
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2004, 08:42:02 PM »
second that