Author Topic: FEATURE REQUEST: New entities.  (Read 2737 times)

Eiii

• Autococker
FEATURE REQUEST: New entities.
« on: December 05, 2005, 09:01:11 PM »
Personally, I think someone could find use for some new entities; especially the trigger ones, and they wouldn't be hard to implement.

Now, on to the entity requests.

• A team-specific trigger. Could be in the current trigger_once or trigger_multiple.
  • A 'grabbed the flag' trigger. Would have to be team-specific. (Could be *team* grabbed the flag, or *team*'s flag was grabbed)
  • Make flags be able to be spawned with the trigger(or func?)_spawn. Also, make entites go along conveyor belts. This could make some thing where a flag spawns on one end of the conveyor belt, but it stops when the flag is grabbed.
  • An 'on' trigger for toggable entities and an 'off' one too.
  • A trigger that is on as long as there is a player inside it, and off when they're not there. (Or vice-versa)
  • And bring back the func_explode! We can probably get a new explosion model.  :P

That's all for now. Post ideas, if you have any

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
Re: FEATURE REQUEST: New entities.
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2005, 01:15:03 PM »
  • I've made team-specific buttons and doors.  I could expand this to other triggers if needed.
  • I suppose I could make it so you could specify a "target" in the flag entity.
  • Have you tested this to see if it's not possible already?
  • Explain this a little more.
  • I'm not sure how feasible this would be with the way the entity system works.  What would the purpose be?
  • Why?

Eiii

• Autococker
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2005, 08:11:36 PM »
Hm. I can't seem to get a conveyor belt to work. I can only get water to push me along...

• Yay.
  • Yay again.
  • Flag's can't be spawned with specific properities, just like guns...
    Also, can't get conveyor belt to work.
  • For example, to make trigger that turns on a light. The first time you hit it, it would turn on the light, but after that do nothing. You could accomplish that with a trigger_once, but you would be unable to stick in an 'off' trigger also, and be able to toggle it between both places.
  • I don't know. Turn on a light if someone is in a room?
  • I'm sure someone can find a cool use for it. ;)

Ooh! and another request(s)...
  • Make it so that spawns could rotate. This could be a worldspawn thing...
    Ex: You have a group of spawns- team '1' and '2'. Or, it could be 5 and 6. Something like that. If the worldspawn setting is set, then the teams would rotate the spawns. Red spawning at 1 the first round, 2 the second, and if there was a third team, 3 the third. Then again, this could also make it so that textures would have to rotate some too. ;)
  • ENTITIES RESET AT THE END OF THE ROUND! That would be fun for siege.
  • Func_trains that also have a 'rotation' key?
« Last Edit: December 08, 2005, 12:28:08 AM by eiii »

Eiii

• Autococker
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2005, 12:29:10 AM »
I got the conveyor belt to work. It doesn't move entities. See if that's possible.

Eiii

• Autococker
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2005, 12:56:25 AM »
Soooooooo... final word? Does any/much of this sound possible/something you would do?

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2005, 12:28:16 PM »
Well, I'm focusing on the things that are needed right now, so it'll be a while before I get to the "might be nice to have"s.

Toolwut

• Stingray
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2020, 08:34:05 AM »
Replying here because the forum search doesn't lead me to the original thread about team-specific func_buttons (and forum search works different when I'm logged in - returning sometimes more and sometimes less results). Unfortunately, func_buttons are not team-specific anymore when "health" "1" is set which very much restricts its usefulness.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2020, 07:26:35 AM »
Replying here because the forum search doesn't lead me to the original thread about team-specific func_buttons (and forum search works different when I'm logged in - returning sometimes more and sometimes less results). Unfortunately, func_buttons are not team-specific anymore when "health" "1" is set which very much restricts its usefulness.
Ah, hopefully that's a quick fix.  I'll try to look into it soon.