Author Topic: Build 33  (Read 32055 times)

T3RR0R15T

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
Re: Build 33
« Reply #20 on: November 14, 2011, 03:33:02 PM »
What changed with the server browser?

- added icons for certificated server and sv_login
- renamed tray icon text
- added website and about to the tray menu
- added versioninfo
- added serverlist mirror (will be used, if dplogin.com is down)

Toxiic

• Autococker
« Reply #21 on: November 14, 2011, 07:05:48 PM »
WooT i m going to try them right away! good job.

Beppo

• Stingray
« Reply #22 on: November 15, 2011, 08:49:02 AM »
ok.
the idea with the stairs is great. but why u changed the movement? and why u want to change the ballspeed? i dont want to learn so much jumps new!!
rly, i dont understand this sky gliding... the ramp movement is.. hmm i can accept it. but the idea with the sky is excrement!!! it destroys so much. the main problem is that all maps are made for the actually movement and not for the new, and i think there will be never such great maps like tatras for the new movement! i heard no one crying about the ballspeed, so why u want to change it -.-? the game is making me meddling angry at the moment. until now i liked it, but since build 33 its crap!

eXitus

• Committee Member
  • VM-68
« Reply #23 on: November 15, 2011, 09:34:23 AM »
the main problem is that all maps are made for the actually movement and not for the new, and i think there will be never such great maps like tatras for the new movement!
and i think there will be never such great maps like tatras for the new movement!
great maps like tatras

teh fuq?
Btw, ballspeed was changed 3 years ago like gama said, noone here said it will be changed again (although I would appreciate it, too).
I have not tried the new physics yet but I think it might be a good step to make the game much more attractive for new players. I'll try the new build as soon as updated servers are up.

prozajik

• Autococker
« Reply #24 on: November 15, 2011, 10:21:07 AM »
I'll try the new build as soon as updated servers are up.
You can already try it on your own local server (just reminding idk if you know it)
Anyway i wanted to ask about this "bug". I am not sure if its problem in game or map but i guess its in game (or at least bsp editor not map itself). I think that the height of both roofs is same but you can make blue speed a lot easier than on the other roof.
Also i agree with eXitus it actually might attract more new players because of its new flow. Why dont give it a try? I think it cant get worse :D

Edit:Another possible bug. Anyone tried ski gliding while the ski is not flat? I tried it on shz22 and it seems to me that the game has difficulties handling tilted ski.

Beppo

• Stingray
« Reply #25 on: November 15, 2011, 10:41:18 AM »
ye shazam22 is rly bad :D

Chef-Killer

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #26 on: November 15, 2011, 10:41:39 AM »
Pgptrain_b4 might be a problem with the map(per) itself. The two sides of the ramp have different angles and the ramp isn't placed in the center exactly. There're lots of other problems with this map, too.

But I'm not sure if Jonny, kaese or someone else is still working on this map or if the new movements will solve the ramp problem.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #27 on: November 15, 2011, 12:43:08 PM »
Edit:Another possible bug. Anyone tried ski gliding while the ski is not flat? I tried it on shz22 and it seems to me that the game has difficulties handling tilted ski.
What do you mean by difficulties?  I think I have an angle check in there so you can only sky glide on stuff that's directly up.

rafalluz

• VM-68
« Reply #28 on: November 15, 2011, 01:30:31 PM »
Minimize on windows doesn't always work properly, sometimes screen isn't refreshed, game just seems to stop responding, only to recover after several alt + tabs.

prozajik

• Autococker
« Reply #29 on: November 15, 2011, 02:19:52 PM »
What do you mean by difficulties?  I think I have an angle check in there so you can only sky glide on stuff that's directly up.
Well I am not sure, but it looked to me like when i hit a sky which was, lets say 30 degrees decreasing it just bumped me from sky instead of gliding along it.

Edit:
....you can only sky glide on stuff that's directly up.
Does this mean you cant sky-glide downward?

T3RR0R15T

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #30 on: November 15, 2011, 04:13:02 PM »
- Made .ent files load from the maps/ent directory (will fall back to maps directory if no ent is found). 11:55 PM 8/2/2011

Does an ent file for a map in the beta folder need to be in "pball/maps/beta/ent/" or in "pball/maps/ent/beta/"?

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #31 on: November 15, 2011, 09:13:02 PM »
I would expect it to be maps/beta/ent, but I don't remember offhand.  Try it and see. :)

Foxhound

• Autococker
« Reply #32 on: November 16, 2011, 02:51:50 AM »
so when the servers start running build 33, will the oldmovephysics 1 still be use able?

T3RR0R15T

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #33 on: November 16, 2011, 12:05:39 PM »
I don't know it, but i think yes (with almost the same issues like 'oldmovephysics 0' on a b32 server).

SuperMAn

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #34 on: November 17, 2011, 07:43:20 AM »
so when the servers start running build 33, will the oldmovephysics 1 still be use able?

- Cvar: oldmovephysics - Disable new movement physics tweaks.

Looks like it will be a server setting.

blaa

• Autococker
« Reply #35 on: November 17, 2011, 12:06:30 PM »
 I think it is very bad to have two kinds of movements at the same time. It will create more problems than it solves.

Aveiro

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #36 on: November 17, 2011, 02:45:42 PM »
next useless buggy build here?

prozajik

• Autococker
« Reply #37 on: November 17, 2011, 06:24:35 PM »
Another issue i found isnt about movement. Everytime i start the game, it freezes until the game gets IP:PORT: vninitresponse. After that response i can see account logging etc., but the game stops responding untill the response which sometimes takes really long. Is it just me or is it about the game?

PS:Not sure if i didnt post about this already if so sry for repost or w/e it is :D

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #38 on: November 17, 2011, 07:20:34 PM »
Another issue i found isnt about movement. Everytime i start the game, it freezes until the game gets IP:PORT: vninitresponse. After that response i can see account logging etc., but the game stops responding untill the response which sometimes takes really long. Is it just me or is it about the game?

PS:Not sure if i didnt post about this already if so sry for repost or w/e it is :D
Is this issue new to build 33, or did it happen in older builds as well?  I had a similar problem with a hard drive that was really slow to respond.  You might want to check to make sure you don't have drives that are going bad.

prozajik

• Autococker
« Reply #39 on: November 18, 2011, 03:24:15 AM »
It happened in b32 too. I posted it here because i thought it would be nice if it was fixed for b33 (if its an issue). So what you are saying is that this not respodning isnt common? Ok I will try to have a look at my drivers