Digital Paint Discussion Board
Paintball 2: The Game => Paintball 2 Discussion => Topic started by: Haze on November 24, 2007, 07:45:41 PM
-
Not enough people play this game, someone should "spread the word" somehow or through myspace or something. We need more poeple playing or people are just gonna say fucc it and stop playing. Tom|vendetta spread the word about this game a while ago on a website and the dp community increased noticably. If u know a way to spread the word about this game please post what u know. Maybe someone reading this post who wants to see the DP community increase will take action. i'd do it if i had time but i never du. it's 4:20 again, peace.
-
Well if forum stats are anything to go by we are most certainly not dying. More new users registering each month. There are also 30k+ (40k+ now?) global login registrations(meaning perhaps 10k+ unique players). There's always a healthy number of players in pub servers too.
But there are always things we can do to increase the interest. For example I spent quite a while going around UK gaming clans forums and posting info + qood quality screens, may get shot down but got some good response.
I think the influx if well-organised tournaments are helpful too, and we should try and advertise this fact.
-
http://www.facebook.com/ads/
Maybe we should do one of those?
Edit:
Either way, we should still have one of these buttons somewhere:
-
i dunno, try it, and tell us .
-
Oops. You posted first. See above edit.
Edit:
Ooh! How about this?
Once stats eventually get implemented, someone could make an app on Facebook/MySpace to show them.
-
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=7375942493 :D
-
there already is a dp group on face book with like 2000 ppl in it
-
... where?
-
http://hs.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2220896722
-
there already is a dp group on face book with like 2000 ppl in it
This group has 18 members.
xD
-
19 now
-
xD
HAHA!!
Besides, Lekky's group is named correctly. :P
-
http://dplogin.com/forums/index.php?topic=7202.0
-
No matter, this game is already getting boring by each minute, unless a newer version comes out like that. Hell for me i'm quiting the game. I know alot of people who said today that there going to quit cause its boring.
Hint for Dp!!
Bring something new out, put something new in new version new something cause this game is getting boring by the minute. Hell Call Of Duty 4: Modern Warfare is better then this dump, well cya I'm out
-
Did you lose a match very badly today?
see you tomorrow. (although i have never seen you)
-
No matter, this game is already getting boring by each minute, unless a newer version comes out like that. Hell for me i'm quiting the game. I know alot of people who said today that there going to quit cause its boring.
Awwww, poor baby got banned :'(
Bring something new out, put something new in new version new something cause this game is getting boring by the minute. Hell Call Of Duty 4: Modern Warfare is better then this dump, well cya I'm out
It also costs $50 more than this dump.
-
Awwww, poor baby got banned
F*** you lekky
I haven't got banned yet so ha. Ya F***ing NoOb. :P
User banned for this post
THAnks for playing Bleach - see ya in 2 days
-
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=7375942493 :D
http://hs.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2220896722
Which one should I join? One has more members, but the other is named correctly.
-
the one with the most members, duh.
-
Why the heck are you saying it is dieing. you play 3 days a week get the hell back on irc.
Seriously though this is the stongest I have ever seen the community be, I do not think we have ever been this stable. As for maybe their is a lack of clan activity that could be true, the Euro's seem to be more active in the matching section.
-
In my experience, Digital Paint's death has been a backward trend. I don't have IRC channel stats obviously, nor do I have in-game hour stats, but as Lekky said, if forum stats are any indication we're doing great (at least from what I've seen since I came back.)
Monthly Summary New Topics New Posts New Members Most Online Page views
November 2007 231 3375 171 48 200260
October 2007 321 4903 208 40 220000
September 2007 487 6226 171 53 265355
August 2007 496 6099 191 49 249233
July 2007 512 6444 326 204 310948
June 2007 481 5805 170 260 251404
May 2007 304 4589 113 38 216760
April 2007 279 4626 93 38 201098
March 2007 254 3654 102 30 172377
*y00tz makes re-debut into community*
February 2007 142 1422 56 29 82024
-
Ill try to find an old website or something to post or send stuff about paintball there.
-
Hehe i found a site to post about paintball http://forum.americasarmy.com/ (http://forum.americasarmy.com/)
It's fun, try it too, all you have to do is register on the forums and then you can talk on the forums.
-
Hmmm.... look around for good writers and submit an article to a magazine but one thing I thought of as long as there is a descent amount of people why look for more so Jits has to pay more for bandwidth bills or do I not understand that concept properly? (never had to pay for bandwidth)
-
Jits has to pay more for bandwidth bills or do I not understand that concept properly? (never had to pay for bandwidth)
So then we get torrents (http://zorchenhimer.no-ip.org:6969) set up and take the bandwidth load off off the dplogin servers and sourceforge servers. ;)
-
or just setup a thread where people can post mirrors... best mirrors get added to the download page, direct downloads ftw.
-
or just setup a thread where people can post mirrors... best mirrors get added to the download page, direct downloads ftw.
That'd be good. SourceForge is a great host for file hosting. :)
So then we get torrents (http://zorchenhimer.no-ip.org:6969) set up and take the bandwidth load off off the dplogin servers and sourceforge servers. ;)
If needed, i can setup a torrent tracker on a dedicated box of mine.
By the way, i joined both groups on FaceBook [and mass invited 100+ users]. :p
-
That'd be good. SourceForge is a great host for file hosting. :)
It is hosted at SourceForge already.
If needed, i can setup a torrent tracker on a dedicated box of mine.
I'm pretty sure Zorchenhimer has already set up a tracker for Paintball2
-
With the mirrors I was thinking more along the lines of there are quite a few people here with webspace, who could potentially host mirrors. Because the game isn't that large, I really think torrents is a waste of time, um not a waste of time, I appreciate Z's effort, but we should focus our efforts more on direct downloads.
-
I agree a new person has a hard enough time playing and understanding DP yet alone torrents that is a whole new story.. A quote from piratebay forums
THEFIST at 2007-10-23 22:10 CET:
Hey what is the difference from a seeder and a leecher, and how do I seed the files that I download?
That is a whole new can of helpdesk to deal with
I blame spook and the jump very *friendly* persons for making DP hard because I still fail at HIGH BACKDOOR Pp1 map and I see 14 year olds do it with ease I hate my life I suck.
-
It is hosted at SourceForge already.
I'm pretty sure Zorchenhimer has already set up a tracker for Paintball2
"Torrents" is a link to: http://zorchenhimer.no-ip.org:6969/
-
I don't want anymore newbies playing this game.
-
I don't want anymore newbies playing this game.
I don't care :)
-
Why the heck are you saying it is dieing. you play 3 days a week get the hell back on irc.
Seriously though this is the stongest I have ever seen the community be, I do not think we have ever been this stable. As for maybe their is a lack of clan activity that could be true, the Euro's seem to be more active in the matching section.
We seem to get a scrim/match whenever we want. Not sure how it is inactive.
We have played up to 5 scrims a night during busy times. Of course, maybe it helps that we lose a lot :)
Folks like the ego boost.
-
I don't want anymore newbies playing this game.
That is a ridiculous mindset and it's that kind of attitude that will result in the death of Paintball 2
-
What you are saying Fyre, you were never a newb? Don't be ridicilous.
-
Never a noob? Sounds like he still is a noob to me..
-
fyre. That attitude really doesnt help.
One thing that could help would be post it up on some of the bigger paintball forums. PBnation is a hit r miss but warpig.com, paintballforum.com, etc should give some good results.
Selling t-shirts n small things would help keep the cost down a bit. Im sure there are quite a few players on here that would sport DP swag.
-
I'll look around see if I cant find some video game magazine for someone to right an article for.
-
So then we get torrents (http://zorchenhimer.no-ip.org:6969) set up and take the bandwidth load off off the dplogin servers and sourceforge servers. ;)
i'm now seeding the windows binary.
i was also gonna seed the linux one, but there are no seeds to start with. so i tried downloading it from sourceforge, and sticking it where uTorrent wanted it... but it didn't just detect it and start seeding like i thought it would. :(
EDIT: thanks to whoever seeded that file i needed :) so now i'm seeding both. i think i might mirror 'em on my site, too.
Selling t-shirts n small things would help keep the cost down a bit. Im sure there are quite a few players on here that would sport DP swag.
cafepress.com (http://www.cafepress.com/)
-
http://digitalpaint.planetquake.gamespy.com/shirts.html
I took the link off the main page. It's really more trouble than it's worth and barely covers the cost of getting them made.
-
cafepress.com (http://www.cafepress.com/)
-
There's also http://www.spreadshirt.com
If I recall right, CafePress has cheaper products; however, Spreadshirt has more customization (at steep costs).
-
Jitspoe
Its understandable with the hassle.
If anything mark them up to $20 shipped usps. Most often shirts are in the $20-25 range. If its helping covering the cost of DP im sure noone would mind the extra few bucks.
One thing i do for my personal business is take orders of 10-20 shirts and give a 2 week cut off date i need the money by. I norm give 3 choices in color to keep things sympol.
Works rather well.
You could post up a thread on the forum taking the orders in lots of 10. Cash threw paypal could be the confirmation of the order.
just a few ideas man.
sk89q
cafe press isnt a bad idea being they will take the orders and ship them.
-
Shirts are done. I'm sure Jitspoe won't beat you up at your house if you wanted to make your own, but this game doesn't have enough people capable of purchasing (money, location, size/color) shirts, and much less Jitspoe doesn't the need to burn himself with the shirts 'deal' again.
-
Now that cafepress can actually print on shirts other than white, it might be worth looking into again, but I really doubt more than 5-10 people will actually buy anything, given the past history of shirt purchasing.
-
Now that cafepress can actually print on shirts other than white, it might be worth looking into again, but I really doubt more than 5-10 people will actually buy anything, given the past history of shirt purchasing.
I'll get one! Then I'll have 2 shirts! :D
-
Now that cafepress can actually print on shirts other than white, it might be worth looking into again, but I really doubt more than 5-10 people will actually buy anything, given the past history of shirt purchasing.
yah true. if i had money atm, i'd prolly get one. but yah, i don't know that we'd have hordes of orders coming in.
-
Well my couzin is BRiGaDE. He had what i thought to be a great idea. He said someone whos a dominant movie maker in this games should make one of a short demo of jumps and match play and have a bit of a mic speach at the end and should send it to G4 gaming and try and get them to put it on there show like they do for other games. or even just start a thread w/ the movie on www.g4tv.com
it would be cool if someone tried this.
-
http://www.facebook.com/ads/
Maybe we should do one of those?
Edit:
Either way, we should still have one of these buttons somewhere:
There actually has been a Facebook group for Digital Paintball 2 -=> check it out if you're on Facebook its called Digital Paint: Paintball 2.0
-
yep, here it is (http://sfasu.facebook.com/group.php?gid=7375942493).
join join join.
-
There actually has been a Facebook group for Digital Paintball 2 -=> check it out if you're on Facebook its called Digital Paint: Paintball 2.0
Yea I know, I made the first wall post. :)
-
Facebook = :<
-
XD facebook is great :P
-
In the same way that text messaging is great.
-
except facebook is free. ;D
therefore it pwns all.
-
Not if you can put a price on... YOUR PRIVACY!
...but that's just one issue that's not all that big or important. The amount of stalkage that facebook itself does is pretty creepy, and I'd rather not be part of some huge market research thing. I more just (strongly) dislike social networking sites in general, but of those, facebook is the best. Best of the worst, if you will.
-
well... i didn't just register for an account without immediately tweaking all the privacy settings to my liking.
i wouldn't have gotten one if i hadn't seen the benefit for me: i get to keep in touch with ppl who are ALL over the place.
-
well... i didn't just register for an account without immediately tweaking all the privacy settings to my liking.
i wouldn't have gotten one if i hadn't seen the benefit for me: i get to keep in touch with ppl who are ALL over the place.
You can't adjust settings they don't offer. And keeping in touch without ever seeing the person is usually overrated, especially if there's a good chance you'll never see them again.
-
i wouldn't have gotten one if i hadn't seen the benefit for me: i get to keep in touch with ppl who are ALL over the place.
Thats the main reason I have mine. I keep in contact with a few friends at my old school, as well as those that just went away to college.
-
You can't adjust settings they don't offer. And keeping in touch without ever seeing the person is usually overrated, especially if there's a good chance you'll never see them again.
sounding a bit opinionated there. :P
-
except facebook is free. ;D
therefore it pwns all.
:P
-
once again, things arent always conveyed correctly through the net.
i was about to say "obviously what i said was said more jokingly than what you said" -- but no, it wouldn't be obvious. :/ owell
-
Oh. Well then, I might as well use the argument that I do have an opinion- a rather strong one, that I think is pretty well backed up.
-
The amount of stalkage that facebook itself does is pretty creepy,
Takes one to know one...
-
I use instant messaging to stay in contact. :P
-
hm... I see my friends every day, use IM to talk to them, and I still write to them in facebook XD haha.
-
I use instant messaging to stay in contact. :P
Then each contact isn't a public show as well.
-
Then each contact isn't a public show as well.
"a public show"? ::)
that's a little too judgmental, don't you think? you can't assume that you know people's intents.
ya know, some people might just like the "network"-ness of social networking sites, whether you do or not.
NOW...
</offtopic>