Digital Paint Discussion Board
Development => Mapping => Map Graveyard => Topic started by: hoffig on January 12, 2008, 06:49:07 PM
-
Hey all
Me and Rasty have made new map. Its good for 1on1 2on2 maybe 3on3.
Map have only normal lights because other lights doesnt work :(
Please add to pubs.
Thank you ;)
here is download
http://toreadors.wbs.cz/Zlatorog.bsp
-
"normal lights" = No lights whatsoever.
Some textures are misaligned, also.
-
Yes, add light and fix the misaligned textures for zlatorog_b2.
If the compile needs too much time on your pc, upload the *.map file here.
I renamed it to zlatorog_b1 and put it into the beta folder.
-
Map have only normal lights because other lights doesnt work :(
Why doesn't work the lighting?
What error, warning, mistake did you get?
Could be a funny map for pgp :D
-
Funny map! Uploaded!
-
looks like the new newmap.bsp
-
Well the map isn't too bad, put it in a nighttime scene with some dynamic lights and fire ;) and you got yourself a good map. Also make the paint look like paint, because it looks like water lol.
-Cusoman
-
I dont know how to make a lights, i have tried to do it with lights texture and i have pressed S and add light, but it doesnt work...And lets try shoot one of two brushes where u jump over a wall and there is secret corridor.Maybe u cant find it...Thanks for advice how to make lights,I hope that someone help us.
-
You should give your sky light too.
Also add in these 4 values in your worldspawn:
When using ArghRad (http://www.planetquake.com/arghrad/)
you can use a sun to light maps with sky.
These settings work well with the riverscape1 sky:
"_sun_angle" "200 -30"
"_sun_diffuse" "60"
"_sun_ambient" "30"
"_sun_light" "250"
Then click: Export -> final compile.bat
Before releasing a beta or a final version of a map, you should always run a final compile.
-
Chef-killer, so i have to press E and there type this for?or where?
-
Yeah, for _sun_angle, _sun_diffuse, _sun_ambient and _sun_light you have to press E. Choose there the worldspawn and just add these 4 things about the +.
-
ty, i will try it...does somebody know how to pu a map on qehs servers?
-
Well the map isn't too bad, put it in a nighttime scene with some dynamic lights and fire ;) and you got yourself a good map. Also make the paint look like paint, because it looks like water lol.
-Cusoman
Here we go again with him and his fire.
-
Contact the QeHs admins. They have to upload the map.
-
k I wait on lekky on irc ^^
-
Here we go again with him and his fire.
And may I as is wrong with fire. ;) Fire is one of the better graphical features of this engine you know, and every map should attempt to flaunt it. :D
-Cusoman
-
Fire isn't really a feature. It's just animated frames and translucency.
On the map, I think one side of the base should be flipped.
-
IT doesnt matter what the fire is, it just matters that it UBER!!!!! :D :D
-Cusoman
-
r_speeds are high, 3000 in some places...
-
r_speeds are high, 3000 in some places...
only at lava....its normally and i think I cant do something with it.
BTW, how can i do fire?is it difficult? me and hoffig arent good at mapping,not much,we are just trying to make lights,so we cant do maps how DirtyTaco lmao...
-
Please don't try fires, if it isn't possible for you to make easy lights ;)
http://dplogin.com/forums/index.php?topic=10530.0 (http://dplogin.com/forums/index.php?topic=10530.0)
-
I think Chef just doesn't want others to have flames in their maps.
-
Haha, that's not my flames. But i saw lots of misaligned flames in the last time. And these look horrible.
-
Hi all , now I know how to make lights and I try it in Zlatorog.bsp (zlatorog.bsp is without lights -> http://dplogin.com/forums/index.php?topic=11398.0)
So I added lights to zlatorog.bsp and change name to Zlatorogs.bsp .. here is download -> http://toreadors.wbs.cz/Zlatorogs.bsp
thank you :)
-
Please make your map filenames all lowercase. Linux is case sensitive, and it's a pain trying to remember the cases in map names.
Also, you didn't light the sky, right? The top of the map is black :-\
-
yes because I dont know how did light the sky :) can you help me?
-
http://digitalpaint.planetquake.gamespy.com/testwiki1/pb2wiki.php?word=Sun+Angles
All the info you will need on sunlighting.
-
Ok this map was edit. New download - http://toreadors.wbs.cz/Zlatorog.bsp
-
what about renaming your maps to xx_b1.bsp?
-
Should i rename it to zlatorogs_b1 or zlatorogs_b2 or zlatorogs_b3 ?
-
Should i rename it to zlatorogs_b1 or zlatorogs_b2 or zlatorogs_b3 ?
I think that map is done so u can rename on "zlatorog" ?
-
I don't think so, but u are the mapper...
Without "s" in the end now?
-
ok i think so ...
-
This could help you for finishing a nice map (http://digitalpaint.planetquake.gamespy.com/testwiki1/pb2wiki.php?word=New+Map+Release+Procedure)
-
I merged these threads since they're both about the same map. You should keep the same map filename. No sense in having one for the lit version and one not lit. You should also release the map as a beta first (and have some kind of beta version indicator in the filename). I've uploaded the map to the beta server for play testing. I've also attached a demo of things to revise (note that the map needs to be in the maps/beta directory to view it).
-
k thank you I will try it :)