Digital Paint Discussion Board

Development => Mapping => Beta / In-Progress Maps => Topic started by: M-A-Zing on March 13, 2008, 02:49:58 PM

Title: New Map: Streamline beta
Post by: M-A-Zing on March 13, 2008, 02:49:58 PM
SpyderX and i have been working on this map
It is a two way map
red v blue
set at night
Beta 1
Title: Re: New Map: Streamline beta
Post by: KnacK on March 13, 2008, 03:04:23 PM
hmmmmm

In an odd way, very appealing.
Title: Re: New Map: Streamline beta
Post by: Chef-Killer on March 13, 2008, 03:07:18 PM
Please finish your "old" beta maps before releasing new ones. We don' t need 10 more lifetime-beta-maps ;)
Title: Re: New Map: Streamline beta
Post by: Byz on March 13, 2008, 03:08:30 PM
Your missing the other side of the ladder in blue base i think.. or was it red... and your r_speeds were close to 4000 some places and barrels were 18-sided.. thats many sides
Title: Re: New Map: Streamline beta
Post by: M-A-Zing on March 13, 2008, 03:16:46 PM
I am still working on my other map, just changing some things
Title: Re: New Map: Streamline beta
Post by: Sawy on March 13, 2008, 04:07:29 PM
cool map. I think i like it.
Title: Re: New Map: Streamline beta
Post by: y00tz on March 13, 2008, 04:11:57 PM
Tops of some barrels look off-centered
Title: Re: New Map: Streamline beta
Post by: Deranged on March 13, 2008, 06:10:14 PM
If you're going to have 100000 sided barrels, make them not touch anything(or func_walls).. r_speeds are through the roof >.>
Title: Re: New Map: Streamline beta
Post by: jitspoe on March 13, 2008, 10:57:53 PM
I think the main problem with the r_speeds is not the barrels, but the fact that the textures are scaled down so much.  The brushes split based on texture units (one trick you can do to decrease r_speeds is to scale textures up).  If you type gl_showtris 1, you can see how split up the map is.

Of course, re-making the barrels with 8-12 sides would help, too, but scale the textures up first and see what that does.  The other problem with the scaled down textures is that the tiling looks really bad.  You can see repeated patterns every few feet.

I'll go ahead and upload this to the beta server.
Title: Re: New Map: Streamline beta
Post by: Deranged on March 13, 2008, 11:21:35 PM
Heh, I didn't even notice the textures(I didn't actually download the map and look at the tris :X). I should have noticed the tiling on the floor and walls from the screenshot though. Silly me :P
Title: Re: New Map: Streamline beta
Post by: Termin8oR on March 14, 2008, 02:28:42 AM
I like, looks different than what you normally see.
Please finish and lets get this one popular!
Title: Re: New Map: Streamline beta
Post by: M-A-Zing on March 14, 2008, 10:20:42 PM
just noticed a huge problem with this map. i messed up the spawn points. sometimes the red spawns in the blue base and vice versa. i'll fix it as soon as i can. i am kind of overloaded with homework.
Title: Re: New Map: Streamline beta
Post by: M-A-Zing on March 15, 2008, 11:34:19 AM
Fixed the spawn point problem and i lowered the r_speeds. in one place the go over 2000 but most of it is just over 1000

here is beta 2
Title: Re: New Map: Streamline beta
Post by: jitspoe on March 16, 2008, 11:03:54 PM
Uploaded to the beta server.  I didn't to a through run through, but I did notice a few things:

- Wood texture needs to be rotated on the ladder rungs (though, really, wood looks out of place.  I'd probably just do a metal ladder)
- Ladder is huge.  Like 6-8 feet wide.  Scale it down some and add some more rungs.
- Ammo boxes are floating in the blue base.
- Some of the equipment is clustered together a little too closely and overlaps.
Title: Re: New Map: Streamline beta
Post by: RiMiNi on March 19, 2008, 07:28:43 PM
i think it would be better if you couldnt walk up the cables on the bridge
Title: Re: New Map: Streamline beta
Post by: M-A-Zing on March 23, 2008, 01:07:45 PM
Changed the ladders, added a way that i have been thinking about, but you can still walk up the cables

heres beta 3
Title: Re: New Map: Streamline beta
Post by: RiMiNi on March 23, 2008, 01:26:00 PM
but you can still walk up the cables

:-\
Title: Re: New Map: Streamline beta
Post by: M-A-Zing on March 25, 2008, 06:28:13 PM
No Replies or feedback? :(
Title: Re: New Map: Streamline beta
Post by: RiMiNi on March 25, 2008, 06:31:56 PM
you can still walk up the cables
:-\

yea i did//
Title: Re: New Map: Streamline beta
Post by: M-A-Zing on March 25, 2008, 07:20:17 PM
Thank you very much RiMiNi, but I still need more constructive responses to build on if i'm going make it any better
Title: Re: New Map: Streamline beta
Post by: jitspoe on March 26, 2008, 12:15:22 AM
I've attached another demo and uploaded the map to the beta server.  Needs some minor tweaks and some play testing, but I think it could be pretty decent.  You've got the info for loading your map on the beta server, right?
Title: Re: New Map: Streamline beta
Post by: M-A-Zing on March 26, 2008, 04:42:34 PM
oKay Jitspoe

changed what you said and here is beta 4

Edit: just noticed a freak mistake, changed it and now will need to final compile it again. :(

Edit: done compiling and updated file
Title: Re: New Map: Streamline beta
Post by: T3RR0R15T on March 26, 2008, 07:22:06 PM
(http://dpball.dp.funpic.de/mapbilder/streamline/sshot423.jpg)
Title: Re: New Map: Streamline beta
Post by: M-A-Zing on March 26, 2008, 08:01:45 PM
those must be hi res textures because it looks nothing like it does when i look at it and what are u trying to say? How do u use hi res textures?
Title: Re: New Map: Streamline beta
Post by: T3RR0R15T on March 26, 2008, 08:30:28 PM
On the lowres textures u have a big white ring, which must be on the ground. On the hires textures u only see it better :P

All other barrels are good. Only this little ones on both sides.
Title: Re: New Map: Streamline beta
Post by: M-A-Zing on March 26, 2008, 09:09:47 PM
How do u use hi res textures?

 :) :D
Title: Re: New Map: Streamline beta
Post by: T3RR0R15T on March 26, 2008, 09:13:53 PM
Setup -> Video Setup -> Texture/Lightmap Settings -> Enable Hi-Res Texture Pack

ftp://www.otb-server.de/pub/HR4.zip
Title: Re: New Map: Streamline beta
Post by: M-A-Zing on March 30, 2008, 11:36:06 PM
I dont know if it has been overlooked, but beta 4 is out. I'd appreciate it if people would take a look
Title: Re: New Map: Streamline beta
Post by: T3RR0R15T on March 31, 2008, 03:45:02 PM
I did it :P
Title: Re: New Map: Streamline beta
Post by: M-A-Zing on March 31, 2008, 04:32:35 PM
i know but it was only downloaded once (by you)

Edit: now twice

Title: Re: New Map: Streamline beta
Post by: jitspoe on April 03, 2008, 11:52:31 PM
I've put it up on the beta server and attached a demo.  Mostly just little texture nitpicks at this point.  Give it some good play testing.
Title: Re: New Map: Streamline beta
Post by: M-A-Zing on May 11, 2008, 01:12:26 AM
Alright, i believe that i have fixed all of the texture errors (correct me if im wrong) and think that this should be the final release. right now im naming it beta 5 but if its ready then ill rename it without the beta extension.
Title: Re: New Map: Streamline beta
Post by: jitspoe on May 23, 2008, 12:19:11 AM
I've put this up on the beta server.  Did a little bit of testing with another player or two.  The side paths take about twice as long as the main path, it seems, and don't have any equipment, so they go pretty much unused.  You might want to try balancing those out so they're faster or the main path is slower.  There are also a few little things that still need fixing.  Demo attached.
Title: Re: New Map: Streamline beta
Post by: M-A-Zing on July 05, 2008, 02:08:39 AM
Beta 6 yay

I decided to make it into a two flag map so the side path got used. i think i might need some filler in the middle. Texture problems will be worked out at a later date, but feel free to mention them. i made the middle path slower. so knock yourselves out.
Title: Re: New Map: Streamline beta
Post by: Laged on July 05, 2008, 06:27:01 AM
The cap place in the blue base is actually red - you might want to change the texture to blue.
Also, some texture problems:

(http://img184.imageshack.us/img184/2139/sshot002ui8.jpg) (http://imageshack.us)

(http://img235.imageshack.us/img235/1921/sshot001ec1.jpg) (http://imageshack.us)

Title: Re: New Map: Streamline beta
Post by: wallpainter08 on July 05, 2008, 10:33:01 AM
I like being able to walk up the cables... but maybe at the top make a little cutout in the wall therefore you can climb up the cables and then chill in there and snipe enemies.

Just idea other than that I love the map.
Title: Re: New Map: Streamline beta
Post by: Laged on July 05, 2008, 11:00:59 AM
chill in there and snipe enemies.

I call that camping  >:(
Title: Re: New Map: Streamline beta
Post by: wallpainter08 on July 05, 2008, 02:44:30 PM
I call that camping  >:(

Oh yeah kinda forgot about that...

Also I was floating around an found a random 2 by 2 room that was not connected to any other room.  Is this were the dead players go?
Title: Re: New Map: Streamline beta
Post by: M-A-Zing on July 05, 2008, 04:44:35 PM
no it is a little secret room. you walk through a wall while crouched to get in, there are two of them because one didn't show in the compile.
Title: Re: New Map: Streamline beta
Post by: jitspoe on July 14, 2008, 12:22:17 AM
I've attached a demo of some things that need to be fixed and uploaded the map to the beta server.
Title: Re: New Map: Streamline beta
Post by: M-A-Zing on August 23, 2008, 07:12:06 PM
I don't know what else to do to this map, and quite frankly I'm sick of it.
Title: Re: New Map: Streamline beta
Post by: layzerboy4 on August 26, 2008, 10:13:48 AM
i think it rocks  :D i suck at map making but i still like to do it but your a born natural
Title: Re: New Map: Streamline beta
Post by: jitspoe on August 28, 2008, 04:26:59 AM
I don't know what else to do to this map, and quite frankly I'm sick of it.
Did you fix the stuff I pointed out in the demo?
Title: Re: New Map: Streamline beta
Post by: M-A-Zing on August 28, 2008, 10:51:11 PM
Yes i did, i can't compile it now though. its on another computer that's not set up now.
Title: Re: New Map: Streamline beta
Post by: RiMiNi on August 29, 2008, 04:35:11 PM
if your fed up with it then just leave it and put your time somewhere else.
Title: Re: New Map: Streamline beta
Post by: T3RR0R15T on April 21, 2009, 03:02:43 PM
If u want to work on it in the future, here are some screens from streamline_b6:


(http://dpball.dp.funpic.de/mapbilder/streamline/sshot619.jpg) (http://dpball.dp.funpic.de/mapbilder/streamline/sshot619.jpg)

(http://dpball.dp.funpic.de/mapbilder/streamline/sshot620.jpg) (http://dpball.dp.funpic.de/mapbilder/streamline/sshot620.jpg)

(http://dpball.dp.funpic.de/mapbilder/streamline/sshot621.jpg) (http://dpball.dp.funpic.de/mapbilder/streamline/sshot621.jpg)

(http://dpball.dp.funpic.de/mapbilder/streamline/sshot622.jpg) (http://dpball.dp.funpic.de/mapbilder/streamline/sshot622.jpg)

(http://dpball.dp.funpic.de/mapbilder/streamline/sshot623.jpg) (http://dpball.dp.funpic.de/mapbilder/streamline/sshot623.jpg)

(http://dpball.dp.funpic.de/mapbilder/streamline/sshot624.jpg) (http://dpball.dp.funpic.de/mapbilder/streamline/sshot624.jpg)

(http://dpball.dp.funpic.de/mapbilder/streamline/sshot625.jpg) (http://dpball.dp.funpic.de/mapbilder/streamline/sshot625.jpg)

(http://dpball.dp.funpic.de/mapbilder/streamline/sshot626.jpg) (http://dpball.dp.funpic.de/mapbilder/streamline/sshot626.jpg)

(http://dpball.dp.funpic.de/mapbilder/streamline/sshot627.jpg) (http://dpball.dp.funpic.de/mapbilder/streamline/sshot627.jpg)

(http://dpball.dp.funpic.de/mapbilder/streamline/sshot628.jpg) (http://dpball.dp.funpic.de/mapbilder/streamline/sshot628.jpg)

(http://dpball.dp.funpic.de/mapbilder/streamline/sshot629.jpg) (http://dpball.dp.funpic.de/mapbilder/streamline/sshot629.jpg)

(http://dpball.dp.funpic.de/mapbilder/streamline/sshot630.jpg) (http://dpball.dp.funpic.de/mapbilder/streamline/sshot630.jpg)

(http://dpball.dp.funpic.de/mapbilder/streamline/sshot631.jpg) (http://dpball.dp.funpic.de/mapbilder/streamline/sshot631.jpg)

(http://dpball.dp.funpic.de/mapbilder/streamline/sshot632.jpg) (http://dpball.dp.funpic.de/mapbilder/streamline/sshot632.jpg)
Title: Re: New Map: Streamline beta
Post by: _burnt on April 21, 2009, 03:19:08 PM
I hope you finish this map. I played it once and i really liked it

Just out of curiosity, how many maps you have unfinished?
Title: Re: New Map: Streamline beta
Post by: zimtstern on April 21, 2009, 04:49:35 PM
yeee that s the map i thought
keep workin
Title: Re: New Map: Streamline beta
Post by: M-A-Zing on April 21, 2009, 06:44:47 PM
Well i don't have the .map anymore. And i have a problem with it. I dont ever see anyone playing this map when its finished so why finish it?


And... JeeJee at least twenty or more. but eight that have shown up on this forum
Title: Re: New Map: Streamline beta
Post by: abnormal on April 22, 2009, 09:25:08 AM
JeeJee - Posts: 273
zimtstern - Posts: 273
M-A-Zing - Posts: 273

A luck?
Title: Re: New Map: Streamline beta
Post by: blaa on April 22, 2009, 12:08:40 PM
 No, timed and mastermindedly planned scenario to overtake the world
Title: Re: New Map: Streamline beta
Post by: UDead on April 23, 2009, 05:45:17 AM
looks nice just a lot of textures misaligned but thats an easy fix.
Title: Re: New Map: Streamline beta
Post by: jitspoe on June 07, 2020, 04:39:46 AM
Played this last on Social (distancing) Saturday last weekend.  I think it could be a decent pub map at least.  Main complaint is that there isn't any equipment on the high path, so if you try to go that route to avoid running into a bunch of teammates fumbling into each other over gear, you just have to yolo it with a pgp.  Also, I think one of the capture points was the wrong color.  Might be worth decompiling, fixing those and maybe some texture alignment and calling it done.
Title: Re: New Map: Streamline beta
Post by: jitspoe on February 11, 2023, 04:24:55 AM
Played it again last week -- can't remember if this was mentioned or not, but the ladder clip brush  for one team is offset, so you have to climb next to the ladder.