Digital Paint Discussion Board

Paintball 2: The Game => Help and Support => Topic started by: alimus on March 29, 2008, 10:14:32 PM

Title: Error: Username (********) does not exist
Post by: alimus on March 29, 2008, 10:14:32 PM
I cannot use my password for the game. What is going wrong? Any help is appreciated.
Title: Re: Error: Username (********) does not exist
Post by: M-A-Zing on March 29, 2008, 11:51:50 PM
Have you activated the account with the email that was sent to you?
Title: Re: Error: Username (********) does not exist
Post by: alimus on March 30, 2008, 12:09:56 AM
Yes I have, and it still doesn't work. I can't even go on to a public game.
Title: Re: Error: Username (********) does not exist
Post by: M-A-Zing on March 30, 2008, 12:18:34 AM
what does it say when you try to enter the game?
Title: Re: Error: Username (********) does not exist
Post by: alimus on March 30, 2008, 12:50:39 AM
Login failed for Alimus.
Either your password is incorrect or
this name is registered to someone
else.
Title: Re: Error: Username (********) does not exist
Post by: Eiii on March 30, 2008, 12:52:09 AM
Check that your password is correct. :P Are you using a funname?
Title: Re: Error: Username (********) does not exist
Post by: alimus on March 30, 2008, 01:05:14 AM
I am not using a funname, and when I try to type my password I get what I put as the topic title.
Title: Re: Error: Username (********) does not exist
Post by: Eiii on March 30, 2008, 01:15:03 AM
Wait, does the error message say "Username *****[...] does not exist" or "Username Alimus does not exist"?
Title: Re: Error: Username (********) does not exist
Post by: alimus on March 30, 2008, 01:23:03 AM
The asterisks are to protect my password.

So it says "Username (*my password*) does not exist"
Title: Re: Error: Username (********) does not exist
Post by: Zorchenhimer on March 30, 2008, 01:43:19 AM
Are you putting the password in the right place?
Title: Re: Error: Username (********) does not exist
Post by: alimus on March 30, 2008, 01:57:06 AM
Yes I am. Below the username, remember password, and auto-login, right?
Title: Re: Error: Username (********) does not exist
Post by: Eiii on March 30, 2008, 01:59:14 AM
It sounds like you are not, or something is going horribly wrong. Clear out all the fields (username, password, etc) and re-enter them.
Title: Re: Error: Username (********) does not exist
Post by: Zorchenhimer on March 30, 2008, 02:01:02 AM
Yea, it shouldn't be printing your password plain text.  I think you are doing something wrong.
Title: Re: Error: Username (********) does not exist
Post by: alimus on March 30, 2008, 02:18:29 AM
Well, if I'm not mistaken, to erase my username and password, I have to do it in the edit profile option. I get "flags can only be 'u' or 's'", and I have done my searches. From what I know, the "u or s" is only a funnames problem (if this is the problem let me know). I have used Zorch's (your) patch for "u or s" but it doesn't change.

Back to the first sentence, I erase my username and password and retype it, but it still says "Login failed" and in the console, it still says the topic title with the password as plain text.
Title: Re: Error: Username (********) does not exist
Post by: Zorchenhimer on March 30, 2008, 02:42:22 PM
The game doesn't store your password in plain text, so it doesn't even know it.  It does, however, store your username in plain text.  You are entering something wrong.  You should not be able to read your password when you type it in, it will be asterisks (*).  I think I know what you are doing wrong though.

Your password does not go in one of these boxes:
(http://zorch.viciouz.co.uk/pics/dp/sshot002.jpg)

It goes in the bottom box here:
(http://zorch.viciouz.co.uk/pics/dp/sshot003.jpg)

(note all the little stars in the box)
Title: Re: Error: Username (********) does not exist
Post by: alimus on March 30, 2008, 05:58:00 PM
That's what I've been doing, but when I click 'login', I get this:(http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/6256/whatisthisidontevensz5.png)

And It's the console that displays the password in plain text:

(http://img187.imageshack.us/img187/4982/badconsolebadce8.png)
Title: Re: Error: Username (********) does not exist
Post by: jitspoe on April 01, 2008, 04:51:15 PM
Go to edit profile and make sure your login name isn't blank.
Title: Re: Error: Username (********) does not exist
Post by: alimus on April 02, 2008, 10:30:14 PM
Well, it isn't blank. I sometimes wonder if this is even fixable, lol.
Title: Re: Error: Username (********) does not exist
Post by: Eiii on April 02, 2008, 11:27:25 PM
Honestly, there's no way this isn't your fault. Hundreds (thousands?) of people have successfully logged in and played time and time again, and no one ever, except for you, has reported this problem. Double and triple check your login procedure, your mouse/keyboard reliably... who knows.
Title: Re: Error: Username (********) does not exist
Post by: alimus on April 02, 2008, 11:44:50 PM
Since I'm the only one who has reported this problem, I guess there is no fix. I have checked carefully, many times, how I should login, and still nothing. So there is one last thing I will ask...

Will reseting my account probably work?
Title: Re: Error: Username (********) does not exist
Post by: Zorchenhimer on April 02, 2008, 11:50:55 PM
Will reseting my account probably work?

You are running into an issue with the game itself.  So to answer your question, no.
Title: Re: Error: Username (********) does not exist
Post by: jitspoe on April 04, 2008, 12:22:57 AM
Try going into paintball2/pball/profiles, delete your profile, then create another one (don't register another account online, just make a new game profile).  You could also try build 22 (see the feedback forum) to see if that fixes your problem.  Maybe it was related to the menu issue.  Has anybody tried creating a profile from scratch in build 21?
Title: Re: Error: Username (********) does not exist
Post by: alimus on April 04, 2008, 02:11:06 AM
Build 22 works!! It's hard to find a non-passworded game, but IT WORKS!! Thank you for putting up with me. Now I'm off to play some DP.