Digital Paint Discussion Board
Paintball 2: The Game => Help and Support => Topic started by: gimpshot on April 17, 2008, 05:03:32 AM
-
Hey all. Yep a newbie here. I have been trying to play this game but have had no luck. My issues didn't fit the many issues listed or perhaps I missed it, not sure but my eyes are sore from reading so much...that said..
1.Created a Global account, activated, logged in, etc..
2. When I created the name and correct password in the DP setup window, it logged in, or so it says. But it's being a sneaky devil.
3. I go to play, nope, kicked out, no global account according to any server I tried. Some start to load, then kicked.
4. Get this... my password keeps doubling in the setup PB window. The login portion. My password is say..
XXXXXX
after I enter and login, get kicked, exit , I open PB and it has this..
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
no way to delete, edit, shoot, scrub, this password either.
Oh, I can reinstall yet again just to have it repeat as it did twice to me but I'd rather find out what's going on before I simply hit the del button for this game . BTW, remember password keeps enabling itself :\
My set up is AMD 64 4200+ dual core, XPpro sp2, 2 gig ram, 2 wd hd, one sata one ide, I'm on sata. IDE is only storage.
Thank you,
Paul
-
Did you set your in-game name to the account name you registered? May sound dumb but people have been known not to do it.
-
Your password isn't changing, the game just stores a hash of your password instead of the plaintext. Type it in once, and you'll be fine. As Vic said, you're probably not setting your in-game name correctly.
-
Try build 22 (https://dplogin.com/forums/index.php?topic=12850.0) and see if it behaves any differently.
-
Thanks for the replies. Ok, yep, my login name is exact . I tried the build 22 and now have same results, first the password was claimed wrong. Next start, it was correct I guess and I actually began in a game this time, then got kicked due to no global again. I even went back into my email to MAKE SURE I have the correct info which I knew since I can login on the global page just fine. So I uninstalled, reinstalled making sure again to put in correct info and same thing.
Thanks,
Paul
-
Ok, I found out one thing, I can only play on a couple of servers now but it's better than none. :) Almost all others kick me out stating no global.
Thanks,
Paul
-
Ok, I found out one thing, I can only play on a couple of servers now but it's better than none. :) Almost all others kick me out stating no global.
Thanks,
Paul
What is your in-game name set to? Not your login name, the name that you are currently using in games.
-
I am using gimpshooter. Some say bad password, others no global, and one or two allow me to play.
Thanks
-
Do you have gimpshooter registered?
EDIT: No, you don't (http://dplogin.com/index.php?action=viewmember&playerid=61626). Please register names before you try to use them. :D
-
I used gimpshooter because my registered name wouldn't work either and makes no difference. Unless I am missing something "which is likely" but after reading, it said the registered name is for global which I do have, is the one I am supposed to use. My global \registered is gimpshot. If I try to register any other, it states only allowed one account. If I use my registered name, it makes no difference which is why I created gimpshooter in the PB window.
Thanks,
Paul
Edit: Just so I'm clear as I don't explain very well, my registered name is gimpshot
profile: gimpshooter
login: gimpshot
have tried other ways too but didn't make any difference
-
Change your name to gimpshot. Log in with your gimpshot account, and set your name to be gimpshot. You can only use names in-game that you've registered with your DPLogin account. You have not registered gimpshooter. You registered gimpshot. You cannot use 'gimpshooter' until you register it by logging into your DPLogin account through this site and register the name you want to use.
-
Ok, I did have that set up that way to begin with "which was the reason for gimpshooter, but this time "starting over" I uninstalled and reinstalled again, reset the whole thing,
profile:gimpshot
login:gimpshot
login window
gimpshot
XXXXpassword
BTW, the password is no longer doubling up as before. Also still getting newbie kicked does not have global account, bad password too. Only couple of servers I can go on "shazzam" I believe is the only server that allows me.
Thanks again,
Paul
-
Are you using any colors in your name? It's unlikely that the issue is on the login's end- the servers that allow you just don't use the DPLogin system. You might actually have better luck not logging in at all to get on some servers.
Anyway, 'Bad Password' specifically means you're entering your password wrong. (versus the "doesn't have a global login account" error)
-
Thanks. Nope, no colors at all. Nothing like that in any way. Also, I am using the password keep so it's the same one which is why it's odd that it works on some but not others, plus will load into a game, then suddenly kick me out. I do understand the different pass v.s. the global, but I get both while already logged in. The only server I can get into is the Shazam. I will try w\o logging in and see what happens.
Thanks,
Paul
-
Ok, I can join many more w\o global login. So leaves me to ask why the global login anyway?
Thanks for all the help
Paul
-
Ok, I can join many more w\o global login. So leaves me to ask why the global login anyway?
Thanks for all the help
Paul
It's to protect people's names and lay the groundwork for more features, like stats logging and the like. Hopefully more servers will force login soon, but apparently the logging-in process needs to be simplified first, for some of us. ;D
-
It's to protect people's names and lay the groundwork for more features, like stats logging and the like. Hopefully more servers will force login soon, but apparently the logging-in process needs to be simplified first, for some of us. ;D
Not sure if you mean simplified for users or those hosting to set it up to allow global login, if users, it's simple enough, just that those hosting obviously don't have it set up or as you said, needs to be simplified. It's a good idea really, just if only a handful abide by this, it just makes it a pain for new users like me to figure out why in the heck it's not working. But all in all a great idea IF it is used globally, no pun intended.
Thanks,
Paul
-
Also still getting newbie kicked does not have global account, bad password too.
<< your name is newbie?
-
go to the console (it's in the main menu) and type in:
name "gimpshot"
Also, you need 2 accounts: 1 for the forums and 1 for the game. I hope you did that...
-
He has a DPLogin account, yes.
-
<< your name is newbie?
No my name isn't newbie. This is what I'm titled as when getting kicked "as a newbie" I think. Either way, works fine when not using Global. Plus, if my login info was wrong, it wouldn't verify on only set servers. It would be denied on all nor would it work on the global login site.
Thanks
Paul
-
If the message starts 'newbie was kicked' then your name is set as newbie.
-
If the message starts 'newbie was kicked' then your name is set as newbie.
If so, how is it doing this when I'm signing in with gimpshot in both name places? I never chose the name newbie when signing up globally or otherwise.
-
Yes, but the default in-game name is newbie. You login with your account, go to setup, multiplayer, and change your name to gimpshot. Then you play.
</probablycompletelyinnacurate>
-
or go to the console and type in:
name gimpshot