Digital Paint Discussion Board

Digital Paint Community => Other Stuff => Topic started by: jitspoe on May 07, 2008, 07:09:30 PM

Title: Grey vs. Gray
Post by: jitspoe on May 07, 2008, 07:09:30 PM
Poll pretty much says it all.  Which spelling do you prefer (for the color)?
Title: Re: Grey vs. Gray
Post by: Spook on May 07, 2008, 07:25:57 PM
I use gray, but to my knowledge, aren't both acceptable?
Title: Re: Grey vs. Gray
Post by: eradicator on May 07, 2008, 07:38:41 PM
Grey just looks better.
Title: Re: Grey vs. Gray
Post by: Cameron on May 07, 2008, 08:38:46 PM
Grey just looks better.
Sure does.
Title: Re: Grey vs. Gray
Post by: eMo on May 07, 2008, 08:49:57 PM
what the hell is Gray?
Title: Re: Grey vs. Gray
Post by: y00tz on May 07, 2008, 09:06:01 PM
Grey, also the last name of my best friend
Title: Re: Grey vs. Gray
Post by: jitspoe on May 07, 2008, 10:33:56 PM
I use gray, but to my knowledge, aren't both acceptable?
For the most part.  I'm just curious what people preferred.  It seems "gray" is used more often, but I prefer "grey" myself.  "Gray" is just one letter away from "merry", and in my mind, pronouncing "merry" with an "r" in it just doesn't seem right.

Edit: haha, word filter got me.
Title: Re: Grey vs. Gray
Post by: y00tz on May 07, 2008, 10:51:30 PM
Owned :P
Title: Re: Grey vs. Gray
Post by: eMo on May 07, 2008, 11:28:35 PM
I don't think we even use Gray in Canada....
Title: Re: Grey vs. Gray
Post by: Cameron on May 07, 2008, 11:41:01 PM
Gray means a different word here in Australia
Title: Re: Grey vs. Gray
Post by: IronFist on May 08, 2008, 12:52:54 AM
Grey is a well good way to express the colour, it is.
Title: _
Post by: P!nk on May 08, 2008, 02:05:59 AM
Post removed
Title: Re: Grey vs. Gray
Post by: Rick on May 08, 2008, 03:15:48 AM
Gray means a different word here in Australia

It does?
Title: Re: Grey vs. Gray
Post by: Cameron on May 08, 2008, 03:33:22 AM
Yeh, English teacher taught me that.  Trying to figure out what it meant again.
Title: Re: Grey vs. Gray
Post by: b00nlander on May 08, 2008, 06:49:20 AM
it gets amusing when both spellings are used in a single document, as I have seen before at work.
Title: Re: Grey vs. Gray
Post by: MrLuke on May 08, 2008, 06:55:57 AM
Poll pretty much says it all.  Which spelling do you prefer (for the color)?
hahah you know wats funnier... in aus we spell color... colour
Title: Re: Grey vs. Gray
Post by: Cameron on May 08, 2008, 07:03:24 AM
yeh, and favorite is favourite in Australia.  And the word filter rejects it with the u.
Title: Re: Grey vs. Gray
Post by: ViciouZ on May 08, 2008, 12:27:00 PM
Well, commonwealth countries use colour, honour etc.

I personally prefer grey.
Title: _
Post by: P!nk on May 08, 2008, 11:55:35 PM
Post removed
Title: Re: Grey vs. Gray
Post by: Blitz on May 23, 2008, 08:52:58 PM
Gray is a color, and grey is a colour, duh!

(I *think* I remember something about "gray" being an american derivation of the original. :-)