Digital Paint Discussion Board

Paintball 2: The Game => Help and Support => Topic started by: Jenus8D on July 14, 2008, 10:42:40 AM

Title: Double Jump script help
Post by: Jenus8D on July 14, 2008, 10:42:40 AM
Ok, So i recently added a double jump code into my Config.cfg. How do i tell if it's working? I don't seem to be jumping any higher. Can someone give me an exact tutorial on how to do this. Don't post just learn Double jump... Because i've tried and i have failed.
Title: Re: Double Jump script help
Post by: Chef-Killer on July 14, 2008, 11:40:21 AM
Hehe, i hate those scripts. Where goes the fun while using it?
Title: Re: Double Jump script help
Post by: Holo on July 14, 2008, 11:42:18 AM
Don't post just learn Double jump... Because i've tried and i have failed.
Atleast you're honest. ;D
Title: Re: Double Jump script help
Post by: Eiii on July 14, 2008, 11:43:28 AM
Jump scripts don't make you 'jump higher'-- they just do the work of double-jumping off an edge for you, albeit poorly and a low percentage of the time.

Learn to double jump. It's easier than you think once you get started, and it'll serve you much better in the long run.
Title: Re: Double Jump script help
Post by: Dukky on July 14, 2008, 11:50:48 AM
I use a double jump script, I double jump a lot better than I did when I learnt how and could - I get it every time and can double jump off literally everything double-jumpable. I find that, for me, being able to double jump with a press of the button is better than having to smash your space bar key to try. Its not like it makes you less skilled - sure you can't double jump, but you can use the script and double jump better and more often.

It's done miracles for my jumping and playing in general, I can now double jump hard jumps backwards, sideways - any direction really. It allows you to focus on other stuff, like when people are on the map, without also having to worry about the double jump

I guess it's just personal preference, but if you want a way to double jump successfully more often, I would use it
Title: Re: Double Jump script help
Post by: T3RR0R15T on July 14, 2008, 12:10:27 PM
The script doesnt work for me.
If i run forwards it works 20%, but if i run backwards it works 99%...

If paintball becomes a rearview mirror, i can make jumpmaps backwards easier than forwards :)
Title: Re: Double Jump script help
Post by: skitzo on July 15, 2008, 03:06:27 PM
being able to double jump with a press of the button is better than having to smash your space bar key to try.

Exactly why i set my mouse 2 button as a secondary jump button =]
Title: Re: Double Jump script help
Post by: mrfoods on July 19, 2008, 03:03:49 PM
same here ^_^
Title: Re: Double Jump script help
Post by: Sonny on July 19, 2008, 07:27:04 PM
double jump script = 2slow
Title: Re: Double Jump script help
Post by: sk89q on July 19, 2008, 08:22:52 PM
The double jump script only works on one particular height since the time between jumps is hard-coded in the script. If you use it a lot, you'll know exactly when it will work or not, but you'd be better off just learning the technique by yourself:

http://digitalpaint.therisenrealm.com/reference/jumping#DoubleJumping