Digital Paint Discussion Board
Paintball 2: The Game => Paintball 2 Discussion => Topic started by: ViciouZ on August 20, 2008, 02:14:18 PM
-
If anyone remembers DPGet, I just made a much improved version with a GUI and the possibility to automatically install addons. It took 2 days and is written in Visual C#.
You will require .NET framework 2.0 installed on your system in order to run this. In most cases, it will already be installed on your computer, but if not, you can download it using http://update.windows.com.
This is an alpha version - it is not completed. I have a feeling a lot of bugs are going to crawl out of the woodwork when tested more thoroughly.
Currently this tool can:
- Detect the latest installed version of paintball from the registry
- Save your settings
- Download and in some cases automatically install addons from descriptions on a central server
- Download and install maps, mapinfo files, mapshots and entity files from a server you can select
Planned improvements and features include:
- Ability to automatically update itself and update installed addons
- Create and edit server configurations
- Less bugs. (duh)
Here are some screenshots:
(http://www.viciouz.co.uk/images/dpcustomiser01.png)
(http://www.viciouz.co.uk/images/dpcustomiser02.png)
(http://www.viciouz.co.uk/images/dpcustomiser03.png)
(http://www.viciouz.co.uk/images/dpcustomiser04.png)
You can download the tool here:
http://www.viciouz.co.uk/other/dpcustomiser_alpha.zip
If you encounter any bugs, crashes or glitches or can leave some feedback, please post a reply in this thread.
Edit: It's a good idea to unzip it into its own folder as it creates a lot of files when run.
-
Looks sweet ViciouZ
-
Schweetness. I take it you fixed the map downloading issue?
-
Looks good and works :)
Maybe add loc files to the mapdownload.
-
Nice!!! good job vic.
How about adding more than one map download location, primary, secondary, etc. Maps listed use primary as master, and adds from secondary that dont appear in primary.
-
Great job Vic. I didn't expect you to have a beta so far along so fast. Great work.
-
Uhh, when I changed the map location to ftp://www.otb-server.de/pub/Maps/ to download from there, I was hoping it would update that list when I restarted it to show all the bsp files in there. Dunno if it was supposed to or not, but I got this when I clicked Download All with the OTB address to download the maps from:
(http://cameron.viciouz.co.uk/paintball/dpcustomiser_1.JPG)
Dunno if its that important, but it just came up. Also with that, does it only support HTTP addresses? Because the OTB one came up with no BSP files.
-
Currently, yes, it only supports HTTP hosted map servers, which poses some trouble seeing as OTB which is the largest uses FTP. I suppose I will have to do FTP handlerss as well, it's just an annoying amount of hassle.
-
Our server is offline for 1-2 days. We get a new hoster (and new ip). If u implement us, use otb-server.de, not the ip. That will work forever.
-
If you could put all your maps in a folder on a webserver instead of or aswell as on ftp this time, that would save me a lot of work as you are the only server to host maps on an FTP server.
-
ViciuoZ, have you tried curl? It supports FTP and HTTP and what not. You can find the libraries on their site.
-
(http://www.team92.de/bup/maps.JPG)
when i add my own server by maps: http://team92.de/paintball2/pball/maps/
-
Because you don't use Apache... I guess I'll have to do something for whatever you're using aswell...
-
Huh.. I write smilar program for my own project - "Easy Play". (all is in polish language)
In my project all menus and design is completely made again. :)
btw ViciouZ - Good work!!
sorry for my english :(
-
looks really nice. i used it a few time when it was cmd line, but this will make it much more accesible.
package into dpinstall?
----isnt it customizer*, or is this more goofy brit spelling?
-
that would be goofy brit spelling.
btw, looks nice vic!
-
It can now list and download maps from the Arctic map server. Still working on OTB though.
-
There are no changes, if i check/uncheck the "Tools", "Menus", "HUDs" and "Other" options in the "Addons" tab. With "AutoSetup" the button switches from "Download Addon" to "Install Addon", but the other ones dont work.
Ideas for new features:
- Display a version/build number (so everyone can see if he use the newest version)
- Search ent files in /pball/maps and /pball/maps/ent
- Setting to list /beta maps
- Setting to list /jump maps
-
Oh - I forgot to re-add the Update Addons List button after I reorganised everything. Usually you would change the boxes, click the update addons list button and it would only get the addons you specified.
-
Instead of just listing those folders, there might be other ones on the server as well. Plus people who are anti-jump wouldn't want to see that on a customizer.
-
Its just a setting. People who wants it can activate it - others not.
I dont like jumpmaps too, but they are on the servers. So we can use them.
-
vic = winnar.
Nice job cutie.
-
nice one. Just a couple of ideas: Allow multiple downloads. i.e. Allow me to select with shift-click or ctrl-click as many maps as I want and download al of the mapshot files.
Have a seperate button for download all mapshots.
-
A few bugfixes, but the major update in this release is the ability to use lighthttpd servers or whatever its name is.
Meaning that you can get a huge load of maps by setting your map server address to: http://team92.de/paintball2/pball/maps/
http://www.viciouz.co.uk/other/dpcustomiser_alpha2.zip
-
lighthttpd servers or whatever its name is.
i'm not sure how the capitalization is done, since their logo doesn't specify... but it's something like "LigHTTPD (http://www.lighttpd.net/)". ;)
and i'm tempted to say whatever you do, don't add any special support for IIS servers ;D
-
They have stolen our traffic...
If i open the page (http://team92.de/paintball2/pball/maps/) it shows "Index of /pub/Maps on 85.214.56.218:21" to me.
But, 85.214.56.218 isn't the arctic ip. It is the old otb ip...
-
Oh, well at least it gets around the trouble of me having to add FTP handlers :P
-
They have stolen our traffic...
If i open the page (http://team92.de/paintball2/pball/maps/) it shows "Index of /pub/Maps on 85.214.56.218:21" to me.
But, 85.214.56.218 isn't the arctic ip. It is the old otb ip...
LOL rly funny
awesome
-
Haha, i think the same.
Our ftp is rly awesome, also for arcitc (it seems) :P