Digital Paint Discussion Board
Paintball 2: The Game => Server Discussion => Topic started by: SuperMAn on October 22, 2008, 02:50:43 AM
-
Could someone tell me what to put in the config to set DM only.
And is it possible to have the matchmode & publicmode point to different maplists?
-
cvar_set g_forcedgamemode dm
-
Ty got it to work, any idea on the separate map lists?
-
set rot_file myFileHere.txt
put that in your different configs for matchmode/publicmode, with different files of course ;)
-
The rotation doesn't change on the fly, even if you point to different map files. I'm not sure why you'd care about the rotation in match mode, though, since players will manually use "newmap".
Edit: Actually, you may be able to use the rotation commands in the config file. I can't remember if they work that way or not. Perhaps something like this would work:
sv rotation clear
sv rotation load <file>
-
Well Instead of match settings what I want it to have is Jump settings. So that I don't have to give my admins the ability to change cvars. They would use the matchmode command and it would load all the jump settings and a jump map rotation. Then when they are done jumping they do publicmode, and the default settings are loaded again along with the normal maplist.
-
Why don't you just run a jump mod server?
-
Well Instead of match settings what I want it to have is Jump settings.
No! Bad!
If you still want to run a jump server, you can find all you need here (http://q2jump.wireplay.co.uk/modules.php?name=Downloads).
-
Why don't you just run a jump mod server?
I want it to be both. Ty boon that is what i was looking for. Why is this bad zorch? Now all admins have to do is type matchmode and jump settings are loaded. If they want to start killing eachother again then they type publicmode. Seems like a good idea to me.
-
(http://farm1.static.flickr.com/109/289561804_c0c8ccdaf9.jpg?v=0)
-
cvar_set g_forcedgamemode dm
How do you set this back to default? anyone?
-
buuuuuuuuuuuump anyone know????
-
You should also seperate some jumps maps to go on when people are bored at 3 in the morning and no1 else is online=]