Digital Paint Discussion Board
Development => Mapping => Map Graveyard => Topic started by: Lapppy on December 13, 2008, 06:05:44 PM
-
;D--The Map To Be Named-- ;D
BETA 9 DOWNLOAD
http://dplogin.com/forums/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=15520.0;attach=5812 (http://dplogin.com/forums/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=15520.0;attach=5812)
Scroll Down to see changes.
To do list for BETA 10
-Wait for more comments. :P
-Fix a texture
--Map description (updated)--
Well, i couldn't think of any other name for it, so i am calling it "named".
Game modes are 1-flag, CTF, and Pong. The white flag is in a cave of water so players cant really camp there. The entrances to the cave are in the cabin, and on the sides of the "arena". There is also an entrance to the water cave in each base. The bases are behind the cap points. Originally, you got teleported from the base to the arena, but that would lead to problems, such as getting stuck inside of each other. In the screen shots, you will see that the barrels have misaligned tops. Thats because i have High res barrel textures!! ;D So Here are SShots of Named Beta 8, My first map to be released (my second made) ;D
UPDATE: Screenshots Updated to show BETA 8 ;D
-
Well, I had just a quick run of this map. Design isn´t bad, map looks nice, but hey, it´s absolutly unplayable.This for 5on5?Are you mad?Capping flag is absolutly imposible misson, because of just one way to base and shoot button makes it slower.I think maybe new way to base can fix it.But, nice design work for first map ;) PS: I love smoke xD
-
thanks for your thoughts ;D I think i might add an extra pathway that leads to the bases in the water cave, and get rid of those buttons too.
-
Uploaded as named_beta1.bsp to all OTB server.
-
from the ss's
the barricades look a little thick. normally houses have 1 colour brick for the walls. not red walls and blue walls
-
Here is BETA 2 ;D
-Added new tunnel from flag to base on both sides
-labeled the tunnels so you don't get lost (lol)
-removed door to the bases (and the buttons)
-changed textures on the house in the middle to match the sand.
-
There are some misaligned textures at the spawn and teleporter and i missing a lot of clip brushes, but it looks great for a second beta :D
-
BETA 3
-Added a jail
-Added some clip brushes
-Fixed some misaligned textures
-added some weapon_pball entities
-
Can i have some more screenshots??
-
There is a low (water) way, but everything else u can see on the screens.
A little, nice map. I like it.
-
I am starting to work on the next beta!!! :)
Does anyone have any suggestions?
-
Uhhhh... I feel like i am being ignored lol. :P ::)
Anyways,
--BETA 4--
-CTF gamemode added
-Some texture fixes
-
the map looks good for a game of PONG!!!!!!!!
-
I've recorded a demo with some revision suggestions and uploaded your map for play testing.
I don't think that bottom path will work well at all. It's way too slow.
-
--BETA 5--
- Got rid of the old bases
- Redone flagcaps
- Added Pong Gamemode
- Allinged more textures
- fixed clip brushes
- Added holes in jail
- fixed crates
- and more (i think)
And jits, what did you mean by "the barrels look like they're ever so slightly off " They look fine to me...
-
I don't think that bottom path will work well at all. It's way too slow.
I agree with jitspoe maybe have a mid flag there, for something else to go for?
-
I agree with jitspoe maybe have a mid flag there, for something else to go for?
There is in fact a mid flag in there, but only in 1 flag mode.
EDIt: --BETA 6--
-Added a white flag in CTF mode
-
Attached a demo with some feedback.
Edit: Played it on the beta server and attached a demo of some game play. One guy said he didn't like it, but didn't dislike it enough to post feedback. The gameplay isn't all that interesting to me, to be honest. I'm not a fan of box maps. I'm not sure what you could do to improve it without major refactoring, though.
-
Alrighty then! BETA 7 is on the way!! ;D
-
Wow im pretty fast! ;D
--BETA 7--
-Decreased grenade count in both bases
-fixed every barrels texture, locked at 0
-made the windows on the jails look nicer, thinner
-repositioned the red flag
-added a nice little fireplace in the white flag house
-fixed some texture
-fixed blue entrance rims
-added some extra flags worth more points, see if you can find them!
-decreased points for certain flags to reflect above change.
-
Uploaded to the beta server and attached some more suggestions. I don't think the flag in the secret room is a good idea. Flags should be easily accesible and have multiple paths to keep the game play flowing.
-
--BETA 8--
-Added some clip brushes
-Added NODRAW flag to fire
-Got rid of the extra flags... and replaced it with something..... :o
-Added ladders and got rid of climbable walls, EXCEPT in the center house because i don't want one team to have advantage over the other. :P
-fixed log texture.
-
Uploaded onto White Flag Productions Server.
-
Added to the beta server. I'm still not a fan of the water path, but whatever you want to do - it's your map. Have you had the chance to play test it yet?
-
No i have not had the chance to play test it yet, but i would like to add one more thing first.... ;)
-
I love the name to the map named_bet8 ITS ORIGINAL!
-
--BETA 9--
- I think this is my final choice for the secret rooms. Ive turned it into an extra path between the base, so for eample, in your secret room, is a teleporter to the opponents secret room. Also a an added bonus, if you go through the teleporter, a random weapon spawns at the end. It only happens once however. Also i have removed the button to open the door, now you have to shoot the door to open it.
-
I've put it up on the beta server. It doesn't seem to be that popular. People find it boring. I don't really have many other technical suggestions. perhaps the arrow in the secret room that goes to the other base should be the other base's color, though.
-
I checked the arrows, and they are all the right color :-\ ??? Unless you're talking about a different arrow.
-
If you're in the red base, there's a red arrow pointing toward the teleport to the blue base. Shouldn't it be a blue arrow? (Unless I'm just remembering it incorrectly)