Digital Paint Discussion Board

Development => Bugs, Feature Requests, and Feedback => Topic started by: jitspoe on January 26, 2009, 01:13:21 AM

Title: Build 25
Post by: jitspoe on January 26, 2009, 01:13:21 AM
Not releasing the client just yet, but there is a build 25 test server up here: 70.85.9.178:27005 (or dplogin.com:27005).  You will need the build 24 client to connect, as it has vwep enabled.

Some of the changes on the server side:
- Smoke grenade sound effects. 11:07 PM 10/19/2008 (won't be available until build 25 client is released).
- Optimizations, rearranged some weapon code. 11:25 PM 10/23/2008
- Made observer mode not spaz respawn while holding down the fire button (only respawns once per click - same for chasecam modes). 1:06 AM 10/24/2008
- Fixed crash with large MOTD files. 8:20 PM 10/25/2008
- Changed some of the cheat checking commands so people don't inadvertantly type them in the console. 1:45 PM 11/1/2008
- Fixed "Unknown" gametype in stdlogs for TDM. 11:46 PM 11/5/2008
- Siege should correctly log round ends. 1:41 AM 11/8/2008
- Siege round ends now use the event system for improved bandwith. 1:43 AM 11/8/2008
- Fixed target_speaker to not use wait key the first time when start on spawnflag set. 1:05 AM 11/9/2008
- Made it so you can add a death message to trigger_hurt with the "message" key. 2:13 PM 11/14/2008

Client features will include:
- Made the same footstep sound not play twice (or more) in a row, as that sounds weird. 1:37 AM 11/8/2008
- Started on surface specific footstep sounds.  Snow textures and w_metal1 will make a new stepping sound.  6:39 PM 1/20/2009
- "localstats" command. (ViciouZ)
- OGG Vorbis music support.  Put some .ogg files in paintball2/pball/music to test it out. (QuDos, ViciouZ)
- "menu_reload" command for advanced menu features (Zorchenhimer)
- Password dialog for connecting to passworded servers. (Zorchenhimer, ViciouZ)

Edit: Client test build now available here:
Update: http://digitalpaint.epicfail.us/files/paintball2_build025_update_pretest2.exe
Full: http://digitalpaint.epicfail.us/files/paintball2_build025_full_pretest1.exe
Title: Re: Build 25
Post by: Zorchenhimer on January 26, 2009, 01:30:41 AM
- "menu_reload" command for advanced menu features (Zorchenhimer)

I'll release a new menu version for this, unless you want to include it.  :D
Title: Re: Build 25
Post by: sk89q on January 26, 2009, 03:10:52 AM
Surface-specific footstep sounds! :D
Title: Re: Build 25
Post by: Garrett on January 26, 2009, 09:32:01 AM
[...]
Client features will include:
- Made the same footstep sound not play twice (or more) in a row, as that sounds weird. 1:37 AM 11/8/2008
- Started on surface specific footstep sounds.  Snow textures and w_metal1 will make a new stepping sound.  6:39 PM 1/20/2009
- "localstats" command. (ViciouZ)
- OGG Vorbis music support.  Put some .ogg files in paintball2/pball/music to test it out. (QuDos, ViciouZ)
- "menu_reload" command for advanced menu features (Zorchenhimer)
- Password dialog for connecting to passworded servers. (Zorchenhimer, ViciouZ)

Great job guys in helping out with some of the feature requests.
Title: Re: Build 25
Post by: T3RR0R15T on January 26, 2009, 11:10:48 AM
What is with the swear filter (http://dplogin.com/forums/index.php?topic=11236.msg150853#msg150853) and the url-password (http://dplogin.com/forums/index.php?topic=12663.msg150867#msg150867)?
Will they come with build 25 too?
Title: Re: Build 25
Post by: ViciouZ on January 26, 2009, 11:25:53 AM
Yes, they're in the CVS :)
Title: Re: Build 25
Post by: T3RR0R15T on January 26, 2009, 11:44:50 AM
- The smoke grenade sound is cool, but it should be a little, little bit louder. I can only hear the first 1-2 seconds from the sound, if i run through the map and it would be great, if the sound gets louder when i come in the near of an active gren.
- smokegrenbounce1.wav is not on the server.
- smokegrenbounce2.wav is not on the server.
- Bug? (attachment)
Title: Re: Build 25
Post by: jitspoe on January 26, 2009, 06:43:35 PM
Guess I forgot to note the word filter and url password features.  I wasn't aware that there was a smoke grenade sound on the server.  I'm not sure if that's the latest sound or not.  It's supposed to be pretty quiet, though.  I don't want it to be annoying, as it would probably just sound like static if made louder.  The volume should change based on distance, though.

The image you have attached isn't a bug.  That's the way the VM-68 model has always looked.  It just has a very low poly trigger guard: (google image search: http://images.google.com/images?q=vm68&oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wi).  I actually own a VM-68 now, so I can make a more accurate model at some point.
Title: Re: Build 25
Post by: T3RR0R15T on January 27, 2009, 11:38:32 AM
OK, thanks :)

Is the fix with the "bouncing up and down on spawn"-thing included too? U said u want fix it a few month ago, but i read nothing about it in the last time.


Is this right? gamename = Digital Paint Paintball 2 v1.914(162) // gameversion = DPPB2 v1.914(162)
Shouldn't it be: gamename = Digital Paint Paintball 2 // gameversion =  v1.914 (162)


If u want some stress testing, the speed server is full.


Some other things (i connected with 2 clients because the server was a little bit empty... Then i throw the flag away and switched the client):
Title: Re: Build 25
Post by: jitspoe on January 27, 2009, 12:39:39 PM
Yeah, I was just about to post that I noticed the flag bug.  I've fixed it but haven't uploaded the new version.  The gamename/gameversion variables were done for different server browsers, I think, though I'm not sure if people even use things like HLSW or ASE any more for paintball2.  The bouncing spawn has been fixed.
Title: Re: Build 25
Post by: Bono on January 27, 2009, 01:25:48 PM
what with the clock? (cl_drawclock)

(http://iv.pl/images/czwiximx3oxh1z0bg0w_thumb.jpg) (http://iv.pl/viewer.php?file=czwiximx3oxh1z0bg0w.jpg)
Title: Re: Build 25
Post by: T3RR0R15T on January 27, 2009, 01:41:58 PM
Sounds more and more like a very important build...


So this features could be closed:
Feature 10104 - Add Date, Time, and Server Info to Demo Files (http://dplogin.com/dplogin/featurevote/feature.php?id=10104)
Feature 10022 - Ogg Vorbis support (http://dplogin.com/dplogin/featurevote/feature.php?id=10022)
Feature 10150 - Display sv_login in Server Browser (http://dplogin.com/dplogin/featurevote/feature.php?id=10150)
Feature 10128 - Password Support for paintball2:// Protocol (http://dplogin.com/dplogin/featurevote/feature.php?id=10128) (pls add the example "paintball2://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx?password" to the changelog)
Feature 10046 - Customizable Client-Side Word Filter (http://dplogin.com/dplogin/featurevote/feature.php?id=10046)
Feature 10075 - In-Game Music Player (http://dplogin.com/dplogin/featurevote/feature.php?id=10075)
Feature 10059 - Surface-Specific Sounds (http://dplogin.com/dplogin/featurevote/feature.php?id=10059) (in progress)
Feature 10099 - High-Polygon Weapon Models (http://dplogin.com/dplogin/featurevote/feature.php?id=10099) (in progress, PGP done)


Maybe this is also easy/fast to implement:
Feature 10089 - Read .ent Files from pball/maps/ent (http://dplogin.com/dplogin/featurevote/feature.php?id=10089)
Feature 10151 - Funname Codes Show in Log for "listuserip" Command (http://dplogin.com/dplogin/featurevote/feature.php?id=10151)
Feature 10100 - Update Screenshots (http://dplogin.com/dplogin/featurevote/feature.php?id=10100) (some screenshots are here (http://digitalpaint.therisenrealm.com/screenshots), if u have more time: here (http://www.lokeshdhakar.com/projects/lightbox2/))



And there is a little bug in the warmup mode. If i turn it off, the map starts when the countdown is at 11.
Title: Re: Build 25
Post by: paintwaster on January 27, 2009, 02:28:33 PM
when will build 24 be released?
Title: Re: Build 25
Post by: jitspoe on January 27, 2009, 02:33:28 PM
when will build 24 be released?

It won't have a public release, but there's a link to download it from the build 24 thread.
Title: Re: Build 25
Post by: paintwaster on January 27, 2009, 05:29:23 PM
where do i find this thread?
Title: Re: Build 25
Post by: idias on January 27, 2009, 05:57:09 PM
http://dplogin.com/forums/index.php?topic=15163.0

Three threads bellow this one! -.-' Search next time
Title: Re: Build 25
Post by: jitspoe on January 28, 2009, 12:30:40 AM
I've uploaded a new version to the server that fixes the flag issue (and probably some other stuff, but I don't remember what all at this moment).
Title: Re: Build 25
Post by: supermonkey on January 29, 2009, 12:43:25 AM
Couple quick questions:
1. Are the old models still available in build 25?
2.If the old models are still available iss there anyway to disable vwep if you wanted to play with the old models and not have them look like the guns are sticking out of their crotch?
Title: Re: Build 25
Post by: Zorchenhimer on January 29, 2009, 01:08:21 AM
I hope jitspoe drops compatibility with the old models.
Title: Re: Build 25
Post by: Eiii on January 29, 2009, 01:19:41 AM
Ouch, I hope not. Lots of people with lower-spec computers play this game, and the newer models have hueg tris.
LOD first, or maybe a low-poly option. Then drop compatibility.
Title: Re: Build 25
Post by: supermonkey on January 29, 2009, 01:24:24 AM
Whats with all the hate towards the old models? I personally like them more than the new models and its not like its affecting the game greatly.  Everyone just keeps saying to drop compatibility and never gives a reason why other than "it makes the game looks prettier"
Title: Re: Build 25
Post by: Zorchenhimer on January 29, 2009, 01:25:10 AM
>_<
Title: Re: Build 25
Post by: supermonkey on January 29, 2009, 01:25:35 AM
Yeah..that explained alot
Title: Re: Build 25
Post by: Bono on January 29, 2009, 02:56:24 AM
I have "Modified content warning" when im updated my DP from build 24 to 25. Why?


(sorry for my bad english :( )
Title: Re: Build 25
Post by: Justinph5 on January 29, 2009, 09:08:20 AM
I got modified client, but still proceeded, does it say anything specific?

Also, the 1st time I opened it, it reset all of my config's to default.

After closing and reopening, it was back to normal...   btw, I laughed at the cocker sounds, it sounds like an idling go-kart to me :P
Title: Re: Build 25
Post by: jitspoe on January 29, 2009, 10:30:22 AM
Fixed the modified content check.  Pretest 2 is now up on the first post.

As for the old models, I don't plan to support them anymore.  Adding vwep to md2 models is extremely tedious as I would have to animate every single weapon to match the model animations.  Making the game look prettier isn't enough of a reason?
Title: Re: Build 25
Post by: T3RR0R15T on January 29, 2009, 10:58:18 AM
In the license agreement (install): Paintball 2 (c) 1998-20078 Digital Paint - http://www.digitalpaint.org/


My config is the old one. The game doesn't reset it.


The new weapon sounds are a little bit... Need we new weapon sounds each build?
I like the last ones (build 23 ?) more.


Some suggestions/bugs for the localstats:
- a message like "statistics deleted" on clearlocalstats would be good.
- it sets the death and the captured counter to 1 on clearlocalstats.
- if i throw a flag away and grap it again it counts a grap. on the scoreboard it is only, if i grap it from the original flag place.
- it counts everything in the warmup mode.
Title: Re: Build 25
Post by: RoBbIe on January 29, 2009, 11:08:55 AM
is it just me or what because  cant connect or login ever since i downloaded and installed build 25 when i login it says upload robbie.stat and wont connect after 1 min i stop trying and it wont upload server list????
Title: Re: Build 25
Post by: T3RR0R15T on January 29, 2009, 11:17:40 AM
download, not upload :P try a doubleclick on the update button.



AND...

I found the sound, which is in my ears (ingame) like a pig in the slaughter house: sound/death/gothit11.wav
The old one wasn't good, but this one is totally crap...
Title: Re: Build 25
Post by: jitspoe on January 29, 2009, 12:07:00 PM
download, not upload :P try a doubleclick on the update button.



AND...

I found the sound, which is in my ears (ingame) like a pig in the slaughter house: sound/death/gothit11.wav
The old one wasn't good, but this one is totally crap...

Aww, I think it's hilarious.  Watch this all the way to the end: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LbittLn84cY
Title: Re: Build 25
Post by: RoBbIe on January 29, 2009, 12:10:03 PM
well it still aint working D= i think im going to cry =[
Title: Re: Build 25
Post by: T3RR0R15T on January 29, 2009, 12:15:30 PM
Test the serverbrowser (in the install folder). Is there the same failure?


Aww, I think it's hilarious.  Watch this all the way to the end: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LbittLn84cY
Maybe, but nothing for this game in my opinion.


Can u say me a map where i can hear the different footstep sounds ?
Title: Re: Build 25
Post by: jitspoe on January 29, 2009, 06:33:58 PM
is it just me or what because  cant connect or login ever since i downloaded and installed build 25 when i login it says upload robbie.stat and wont connect after 1 min i stop trying and it wont upload server list????
Chances are you have some kind of virus protection/firewall software blocking the connection since the executable changed.
Title: Re: Build 25
Post by: supermonkey on January 29, 2009, 11:39:34 PM
I wasnt asking for you to add vwep to the old models, was just asking if in the new build we wanted to play with the old models there was some way to disable vwep and use them
Title: Re: Build 25
Post by: Justinph5 on January 30, 2009, 12:38:44 AM
new (small) issues that really bothers me. I don't know if they can be done.

1. When joining a match server, the popup comes up for a password, can you give it priority so you don't have to scroll over it to type in it, and you can type right when it comes up.

2. When done entering the password, can you make the enter key accept it, instead of having to click on ok.

If that can't be done, is there a way to disable the menu, so all I have to do is enter it into the console, just like the previous builds?
Title: Re: Build 25
Post by: Zorchenhimer on January 30, 2009, 01:16:28 AM
Currently, the only way to skip the password popup is to have the password already correctly set.  If you have my menu pack (think the latest), there should be a field for a password for the match servers.  I'll be revising those menus very soon.
Title: Re: Build 25
Post by: e4g1e on January 30, 2009, 02:18:36 AM
:[ i keep having random errors in map soccer and sounds are too low. as someone said "the autococker sounds like a gokart" but i think it sounds like someone pooping xD

~e4g1e :D
Title: Re: Build 25
Post by: Cameron on January 30, 2009, 02:36:10 AM
new (small) issues that really bothers me. I don't know if they can be done.

1. When joining a match server, the popup comes up for a password, can you give it priority so you don't have to scroll over it to type in it, and you can type right when it comes up.

2. When done entering the password, can you make the enter key accept it, instead of having to click on ok.

If that can't be done, is there a way to disable the menu, so all I have to do is enter it into the console, just like the previous builds?
+1, could there also be an option to turn that popup off as well?  I personally find it easier to type 'password passwordhere'.
Title: Re: Build 25
Post by: jitspoe on January 31, 2009, 08:19:16 PM
Full install now available.  Let me know if there are any problems, otherwise this will be the public release.
Title: Re: Build 25
Post by: ViciouZ on February 01, 2009, 07:30:03 AM
+1, could there also be an option to turn that popup off as well?  I personally find it easier to type 'password passwordhere'.
Done.
cl_passwordpopup 0/1, defaults to 1.
Title: Re: Build 25
Post by: T3RR0R15T on February 01, 2009, 09:17:01 AM
Full install now available.  Let me know if there are any problems, otherwise this will be the public release.


Here:
Some suggestions/bugs for the localstats:
- a message like "statistics deleted" on clearlocalstats would be good.
- it sets the death and the captured counter to 1 on clearlocalstats.
- if i throw a flag away and grap it again it counts a grap. on the scoreboard it is only, if i grap it from the original flag place.
- it counts everything in the warmup mode.



Can u say me a map where i can hear the different footstep sounds ?


Is the sourceforge b25 update another one as the pretest2 ?
Title: Re: Build 25
Post by: RoBbIe on February 01, 2009, 09:50:40 AM
I still cant login. I got the update this time.also my firewall is turned off =[

also the screen shot below is what it says in the top left corner... and it it disappears and it keeps that connecting to login server always up
Title: Re: Build 25
Post by: T3RR0R15T on February 01, 2009, 09:52:06 AM
lol, how many accounts do u have... ?
Title: Re: Build 25
Post by: RoBbIe on February 01, 2009, 09:53:58 AM
ah thats from a while ago i didnt know what accounts were so i just made them only ones really registered is Robbie and AngelOfDarkness my brother and fallout boy my other brother

Neither plays much anymore. falloutboy doesnt even live with me anymore so hes never even on, and angel is always on xbox live
Title: Re: Build 25
Post by: RoBbIe on February 01, 2009, 09:56:37 AM
can you help me?
Title: Re: Build 25
Post by: T3RR0R15T on February 01, 2009, 10:22:52 AM
No, i have the same with build 23 and build 25. I think jitspoe work on some optimations of the login server.
Title: Re: Build 25
Post by: jitspoe on February 01, 2009, 02:30:14 PM
Guess I'll go ahead and upload the full install to sourceforge as well, as I haven't heard any issues with it.
Title: Re: Build 25
Post by: T3RR0R15T on February 01, 2009, 02:57:56 PM
I dont know, why u dont answer my questions directly...

If u want feedback from all players, but not me say it. But dont ignore me, if u want my help with finding bugs in pretest builds, ips from cheaters...



Here are some bugs:
Some suggestions/bugs for the localstats:
- a message like "statistics deleted" on clearlocalstats would be good.
- it sets the death and the captured counter to 1 on clearlocalstats.
- if i throw a flag away and grap it again it counts a grap. on the scoreboard it is only, if i grap it from the original flag place.
- it counts everything in the warmup mode.


Why u ignore the bug in the warmup mode, which i have posted about 10 times here in this forum ???

Can u say me a map where i can hear the different footstep sounds ???

Is the sourceforge b25 update another one as the pretest2 or is it a newer one that have the cl_passwordpopup setting (http://dplogin.com/forums/index.php?topic=15905.msg155787#msg155787) ???
Title: Re: Build 25
Post by: ViciouZ on February 01, 2009, 03:31:54 PM
I'll add a message to clearlocalstats, it sets the death and capture count to one to stop division by zero (think I changed that), I'll fix the flag capture bug, and there's no way for the engine to tell if it's in warmup mode or not without a massive ugly hack.

The footstep sounds can be heard on soccer if you walk down the lines :P or try crimethink.

I only just added cl_passwordpopup to the CVS so it isn't in a binary yet.
Title: Re: Build 25
Post by: jitspoe on February 01, 2009, 10:27:43 PM
Sorry, I didn't mean to ignore you.  I just got caught up with other things and/or forgot to reply.  Let's see if I get everything covered here:

- License agreement date was fixed.
- New sounds... well, people complained about the clipping in build 23, so I re-recorded them without clipping, though as a result they're a bit quieter.
- Stats are really simple for now until proper server-side support is added.  Stats will likely remain client-side, but the server needs to communicate when the round is live, when a flag is grabbed from the base, etc.
- Any snow map should work to hear the new footstep sounds (mirrorr, crimethink, pbcup, etc.)
- The install should never overwrite your config file.
- The file uploaded to sourceforge is the same as pretest2.
- The warmup countdown bug isn't really specific to this build.  It didn't strike me as super critical when you first posted it since most servers run with warmup enabled and I forgot about it or never got around to it on my list.  Might want to put a feature vote up for that.
Title: Re: Build 25
Post by: b00nlander on February 02, 2009, 01:47:35 AM
- The warmup countdown bug isn't really specific to this build.  It didn't strike me as super critical when you first posted it since most servers run with warmup enabled and I forgot about it or never got around to it on my list.  Might want to put a feature vote up for that.

that makes sense, since it's a feature, not a bug.
Title: Re: Build 25
Post by: Cameron on February 02, 2009, 05:00:53 AM
Done.
cl_passwordpopup 0/1, defaults to 1.
ty :).
Title: Re: Build 25
Post by: T3RR0R15T on February 02, 2009, 10:37:32 AM
Thanks :)

So i think there will be a pretest3 with the fixes, right?

I tested the footsteps on soccer1. I can hear the normal footsteps very good, but not the snow footsteps. There is nothing. What sound file should it be? Maybe i dont have it. Are the normal footsteps the files "sound\player\step0 -> step4" ?


that makes sense, since it's a feature, not a bug.
Maybe, but the warmup mode was a feature and i think its not full implemented, if there are failures.
Title: Re: Build 25
Post by: jitspoe on February 02, 2009, 06:07:32 PM
Looks like I screwed up and forgot to include the snow footstep sounds.
Title: Re: Build 25
Post by: T3RR0R15T on February 04, 2009, 11:36:20 AM
OK.

png support comes with the next build (26)?
Title: Re: Build 25
Post by: jitspoe on February 04, 2009, 06:13:53 PM
OK.

png support comes with the next build (26)?
Not sure - I think ViciouZ was still having linking issues.  I may just release build 26 as a minor bugfix release.
Title: Re: Build 25
Post by: ViciouZ on February 04, 2009, 06:46:05 PM
I stopped trying after a while and deleted the code, but it was just quick adaptation from R1GL. It's compiling the zlib, then libpng libraries in turn and then including them that's the annoying part, as well as the linking on linux. Hopefully I can get it done in a couple of weeks, as well as some modifications to the OGG system.
Title: Re: Build 25
Post by: T3RR0R15T on February 05, 2009, 09:38:11 AM
Sounds good :)
Title: Re: Build 25
Post by: ViciouZ on February 05, 2009, 09:54:14 AM
Scratch a couple of weeks, I got it working on linux in about 15 minutes. :)

Now I just need to test it on windows again, and with a bit of luck it will work :)

edit: works on windows, notes on how to compile are in the commit log :)

Courtesy of R1CH's R1GL, PNG support:
Title: Re: Build 25
Post by: T3RR0R15T on February 05, 2009, 11:45:52 AM
What a time booster...
Title: Re: Build 25
Post by: jitspoe on February 05, 2009, 12:10:24 PM
Well, there we go - I guess we'll have PNG support in build 26 in addition to the bug fixes for build 25.  I hope the extra library size doesn't negate any savings from using PNG instead of TGA.
Title: Re: Build 25
Post by: T3RR0R15T on February 05, 2009, 12:42:35 PM
Perfect :D

When do u plan to release the linux serverupdate?



A BIG THANKS for this and the next build goes to jitspoe, ViciouZ and Zorchenhimer !
Title: Re: Build 25
Post by: T3RR0R15T on February 07, 2009, 08:32:23 PM
The password support for paintball2:// hyperlinks doesn't work. I have tested it with my b25 windows homeserver. It doesn't change the password to the one from the link.
Title: Re: Build 25
Post by: ViciouZ on February 07, 2009, 08:59:21 PM
:(

What was the link you were using?
Title: Re: Build 25
Post by: T3RR0R15T on February 08, 2009, 07:13:51 AM
I think its like the example:

<a href="paintball2://192.168.178.20?otb">test</a>


I can connect, but there comes the password popup.
Title: Re: Build 25
Post by: ViciouZ on February 08, 2009, 09:29:31 AM
After some further investigation, it seems that the browser shreds off the ? and anything after it. I'll probably change it to a different symbol.
Title: Re: Build 25
Post by: KnacK on February 08, 2009, 09:38:00 AM
V

I don't think that you can put a "?" immediately following a url such as www.dplogin.com or 192.168.1.1.
Title: Re: Build 25
Post by: ViciouZ on February 08, 2009, 10:04:01 AM
Yeah, I replaced it with an ampersand (&) and now everything works.

It'll be in build 26 :)

Sorry about that, ? worked fine when tested in-game with parse_url...
Title: Re: Build 25
Post by: T3RR0R15T on February 08, 2009, 10:49:42 AM
np, ty
Title: Re: Build 25
Post by: yossarianuk on February 10, 2009, 05:01:01 PM
Is there going to be a Linux 25 client,  Or are you waiting for full release ?
Title: Re: Build 25
Post by: jitspoe on February 11, 2009, 01:56:34 PM
Linux client won't come until build 26 (which is primarily just a bugfix release of build 25).
Title: Re: Build 25
Post by: T3RR0R15T on February 11, 2009, 01:59:24 PM
And the linux server files? VWeap is since build 24, but nobody can use it...
Title: Re: Build 25
Post by: KnacK on February 11, 2009, 03:57:44 PM
Linux client won't come until build 26 (which is primarily just a bugfix release of build 25).
/me glares @ Viciouz
Title: Re: Build 25
Post by: jitspoe on February 11, 2009, 06:15:22 PM
And the linux server files? VWeap is since build 24, but nobody can use it...
Hey, you're the one who kept bugging me to fix the countdown bug when warmup was disabled. :)

It should be out shortly - I've just been really busy.  I was at a 2-day paintball scenario last weekend, and I'm moving this weekend.
Title: Re: Build 25
Post by: T3RR0R15T on February 12, 2009, 09:49:55 AM
Hey, you're the one who kept bugging me to fix the countdown bug when warmup was disabled. :)

(http://otbclan.ot.funpic.de/wbblite/images/orange_mix/smilies/ywbb_floet.gif)
Title: Re: Build 25
Post by: lilb990 on February 12, 2009, 04:36:05 PM
(http://otbclan.ot.funpic.de/wbblite/images/orange_mix/smilies/ywbb_floet.gif)

haha T3RR0R15T he got you there :P
Title: Re: Build 25
Post by: vLaD on February 14, 2009, 11:26:08 PM
lets make it  like built 2.5,2.6.2.7 ECT ECT ECT. seems to me we release builts for bugs. lets make it beta 2 beta 3 beta4 then final release. i didnt even know that built 24 was final before we already have a built 25 final. and i check pretty constantlly
Title: Re: Build 25
Post by: i_am_a_pirate on February 15, 2009, 02:22:21 PM
build 24 means that jitspoe has compiled it for the 24th time - i think. Doing otherwise would mean that he loses track of how many times he's compiled it. I dont really like it when companies (like apple in the case of itunes) make a stupid update from 8.1.1.1.1.1.1 to 8.1.1.1.1.1.2
Title: Re: Build 25
Post by: yossarianuk on February 15, 2009, 02:51:30 PM
Thanks for the update jitspoe.

If I really was bothered about using 0.25 at least in works in wine...

Moving is a nightmare !

cheers
Title: Re: Build 25
Post by: UDead on February 17, 2009, 12:31:55 PM
This might be a dumb question, but why are you working on build 25 when you have not posted build 24 up on the files/download page? I know you have been busy but I’m starting to get confused with what build to have right now. Are any of the servers up have the vwep enabled?

Also, I have an idea but I don’t know if this has already been asked, but is there any way to make it when you walk in water and then walk on the ground, is there any way to get it to make it visible that someone has just walked in water, like it leaves a foot step like puddle?
Title: Re: Build 25
Post by: skitzo on February 17, 2009, 12:39:59 PM
24 was a beta release, not a full one, therefore it stays in the forums not on the files and downloads page.
Title: Re: Build 25
Post by: UDead on February 17, 2009, 03:59:16 PM
But my question is why is there beta alpha build 25 out on the forums but build 24 not fully compleated and posted to files/downloads pages?
Title: Re: Build 25
Post by: T3RR0R15T on February 17, 2009, 04:22:07 PM
It was a test build. Only for developers (to find bugs and test new features).
Title: Re: Build 25
Post by: UDead on February 17, 2009, 04:53:45 PM
so what is the new alpha build gonna be? the one that will be posted on download page?
Title: Re: Build 25
Post by: Zorchenhimer on February 17, 2009, 05:13:44 PM
Probably build 26.
Title: Re: Build 25
Post by: UDead on February 18, 2009, 06:15:51 AM
I have an idea but I don’t know if this has already been asked, but is there any way to make it when you walk in water and then walk on the ground, is there any way to get it to make it visible that someone has just walked in water, like it leaves a foot step like puddle?
Title: Re: Build 25
Post by: RoBbIe on February 18, 2009, 06:36:06 AM
Also, I have an idea but I don’t know if this has already been asked, but is there any way to make it when you walk in water and then walk on the ground, is there any way to get it to make it visible that someone has just walked in water, like it leaves a foot step like puddle?

Um udead i dont think in real life it leaves a footstep... but it does make tiny waves and splashes
Title: Re: Build 25
Post by: KnacK on February 18, 2009, 07:25:00 AM
I have an idea but I don’t know if this has already been asked, but is there any way to make it when you walk in water and then walk on the ground, is there any way to get it to make it visible that someone has just walked in water, like it leaves a foot step like puddle?

No, not as the current game engine stands.
Title: Re: Build 25
Post by: Bono on February 18, 2009, 10:14:26 AM
i have idea. Is it possible to run the .exe or .bat files from the console ingame? useful to my theme changer or control music player etc. :)

Or maybe *.bat controller? exec the bat file and control him from game console? would be easy to use :)

Greetings from Poland ;)
Title: Re: Build 25
Post by: i_am_a_pirate on February 18, 2009, 11:43:29 AM
This might be a dumb question, but why are you working on build 25 when you have not posted build 24 up on the files/download page? I know you have been busy but I’m starting to get confused with what build to have right now.
Jits posts builds on the forums that he has compiled with new features. We then download them, knowing that they may well destroy our system if jits has accidetly done something to them. And in case he has, he doesn't put them on the files/downloads page as the public would download it and they would get the virus as well (or, more likely, mave a few minor issues) and they would immediately delete it and never touch it again. By releasing a major build (for example, with vweap), then you are checking that it works for everyone, then making minor changes, recompiling it (making a new build) and then posting that until most of the minor issues are solved, then releasing it onto the download page.
I hope that makes it easier to understand

EDITED - didnt see the extra page of posts
Title: Re: Build 25
Post by: UDead on February 18, 2009, 12:26:52 PM
thank you, much better, so when do you think a fully completed build gonna be posted to files/downloads page and what build would it be.

Knack, is it possible to have motion in the game? for example, when you walk into the water, the water movies like it would in real life?
Title: Re: Build 25
Post by: i_am_a_pirate on February 18, 2009, 01:18:31 PM
thank you, much better, so when do you think a fully completed build gonna be posted to files/downloads page and what build would it be.
Thats like asking how many betas a map is going to have or, heck, how many builds there are gonna be befre paintball becaomes a beta game, not alpha (wont happen anytime soon). With all the small bugs and things to sort out (although most of them have been sorted out for b26 - which is probably going to be the next official release) it could be b26 or b3000.
Title: Re: Build 25
Post by: capo on February 18, 2009, 01:31:35 PM
This build is Ugh.

I use oldmodels, and I'm pretty sure almost half of dp uses them as well.

The vwep is attached to their crouch... The death animations are funneyz. When you die, you don't fall over half the time. You just crouch down holding your gun.... and then disappear.

Also found out that, in DM mode... When you get shot and Fall over... You can shoot the opposing player back.

And I can't Log in almost half the time. Which causes me to get kicked from servers as well. :D
Title: Re: Build 25
Post by: Zorchenhimer on February 18, 2009, 05:50:04 PM
And I can't Log in almost half the time. Which causes me to get kicked from servers as well. :D

Thats not a game issue, thats an issue thats started to come up with the GLS.
Title: Re: Build 25
Post by: capo on February 18, 2009, 06:03:39 PM
Thats not a game issue, thats an issue thats started to come up with the GLS.

Ah, ok.
Title: Re: Build 25
Post by: jitspoe on February 19, 2009, 11:36:30 PM
On the build numbers: Every time there's a code change, I need to increase the build number, otherwise how will I tell them apart?  If I make a build 25, which has a bug, then fix it, if I make another build 25, and somebody reports that bug again, how will I know if they're using an old version of build 25, or if the bug still exists?  I don't see how it matters if the versions are done like 2.5 or 2.0.0.25 or whatever.  Bigger number = newer version.  You should be using whatever is the biggest number.  Right now, that's build 25.

This build is Ugh.

I use oldmodels, and I'm pretty sure almost half of dp uses them as well.

The vwep is attached to their crouch... The death animations are funneyz. When you die, you don't fall over half the time. You just crouch down holding your gun.... and then disappear.

Also found out that, in DM mode... When you get shot and Fall over... You can shoot the opposing player back.

And I can't Log in almost half the time. Which causes me to get kicked from servers as well. :D
I don't have time to continue support for the old models.  They were never very high quality to begin with, so I'm not sure why people are so attached to them.  You've had, what, several years to get used to the new models and provide feedback?  The death animations should still play regardless of which models you're using, though.  I haven't been able to reproduce this bug, even when I enable the old models.  Could you record a demo?

The shoot when dead DM bug has been fixed for the next build.

The login issues have nothing to do with the client build.  It's an issue with the login server being overloaded.
Title: Re: Build 25
Post by: Olbaid on February 20, 2009, 11:19:58 PM
Not sure if this has been said before or if this is even a bug, but the VM-68 and the PGP don't make a different sound when you are out of paint like the other guns do.
Title: Re: Build 25
Post by: Lapppy on February 20, 2009, 11:35:06 PM
Quote
Made observer mode not spaz respawn while holding down the fire button (only respawns once per click - same for chasecam modes). 1:06 AM 10/24/2008

When i hold down the mouse button in observer it still spazzes the respawns. ;)
Title: Re: Build 25
Post by: ViciouZ on February 21, 2009, 06:28:16 AM
Try 'Start New Game' in build 25 then doing it :)
Title: Re: Build 25
Post by: UDead on February 21, 2009, 09:31:02 AM
i dont know if this has been pointed out but i beleve that is build 25, when im in a game/server i cant change teams (need ops 50), also i cant use any of my bind keys, the only server that i have found that is does not work in JoeZam's Pub.
Title: Re: Build 25
Post by: ViciouZ on February 21, 2009, 10:02:03 AM
The team changing is a server side setting. No idea about your bind keys though.
Title: Re: Build 25
Post by: UDead on February 21, 2009, 10:43:47 AM
my binded keys work just fine in all the other servers but that one, also some servers i cant talk in the console, dont know if thats part of build 25 but i dont like it, it takes longer for me sometimes to stop and type something into the talk one versis me stoping and going to colsole and typeing in something also it easer to read.
Title: Re: Build 25
Post by: T3RR0R15T on February 21, 2009, 10:55:40 AM
Idk why, but they have the join command at level 50.
My binds are working on that server.
Title: Re: Build 25
Post by: UDead on February 21, 2009, 10:57:17 AM
well i neaver had any of these problems untill i got build 25, but its just sertin servers that do it.
Title: Re: Build 25
Post by: Zorchenhimer on February 21, 2009, 05:34:20 PM
Haha, well the change teams thing is a server side setting.  I can't remember which pub did it, but it's to stop players from constantly switching teams.
Title: Re: Build 25
Post by: T3RR0R15T on February 21, 2009, 06:23:11 PM
I had this message on our speed1 server (never seen before):
Code: [Select]
GL_FindImage: can't load pics/barrel4
Title: Re: Build 25
Post by: UDead on February 22, 2009, 07:51:37 AM
On some servers I can't talk in the console, don't know if thats part of build 25 but I don't like it, it takes longer for me sometimes to stop and type something into the messagemode versus me stopping and going to colsole and typing in something, also it easer to read.
Title: Re: Build 25
Post by: Lapppy on February 22, 2009, 11:00:00 AM
Can you type in a LAN game? cause i am having no problems over here! :o

EDIT: 50 posts ftw!!

EDIT2: Hah i posted on exactly 9:00:00!! :D
Title: Re: Build 25
Post by: UDead on February 23, 2009, 12:20:32 PM
Can someone who is a Committee Member or a Autococker message me back please.

For me it’s only a few servers that I can’t talk in the console, I can’t remember what servers that are doing it, but is it build 25 that has it disabled chat in the console? If so, is there a way I can disable it?

Thank You XD
Title: Re: Build 25
Post by: jitspoe on February 23, 2009, 12:29:19 PM
Not sure if this has been said before or if this is even a bug, but the VM-68 and the PGP don't make a different sound when you are out of paint like the other guns do.

The VM does not have new recordings in the game yet.  The PGP should have a dry fire sound, though, but that's server side, so it may not work on old servers.


my binded keys work just fine in all the other servers but that one, also some servers i cant talk in the console, dont know if thats part of build 25 but i dont like it, it takes longer for me sometimes to stop and type something into the talk one versis me stoping and going to colsole and typeing in something also it easer to read.
That may be a server side setting.  As far as I know, build 25 does nothing to disable console chat.  You should never chat at the console, anyway.  The console is for typing commands.  Anything else just gets converted to chat by default.  Use the chat key (T by default) instead, or use the say command. (say "hello, this is text.")  I think there may be a feature vote for a chat console.  You might look into rallying support for that.


I had this message on our speed1 server (never seen before):
Code: [Select]
GL_FindImage: can't load pics/barrel4
No idea what would cause that off hand.  There have never been more than 3 barrels.
Title: Re: Build 25
Post by: UDead on February 23, 2009, 03:45:07 PM
OK thanks for the feed back jitspoe