Digital Paint Discussion Board
Development => Mapping => Topic started by: capo on February 26, 2009, 01:28:08 PM
-
Seen an Airtime 5 on the artic match servers. Also, some kid using S8N's name that made the map.
-
map name ? airtime5.bsp beta/airtime5_beta1 or something like that ?
-
Screenshots/demo I want to see Airtime5!!!!
-
I don't wanna see it. I hate it already. Please, no.
-
Lol why do you hate it already but you haven't seen it?
Edit: I could see where you don't want to see it. It should've stopped at airtime3 but SubZero went on to continue it lol, but just want to see how good/bad this one looks!
-
Beta/airtime5 on arc servers.
Its like a pre-version of airtime4_beta1
-
he never finished airtime4 and he has not the rights from s8n I think.
-
They decompiled airtime4 and ruined it. I highly doubt they had the rights to make it. It's the same person who decompiled the other two maps a little while ago, Chris123.
-
OK LOOK I ASK HIM SO ALL YOU GUYS SHOULD LEAVE ME ALONE
*****LOOK*******
Quote from: sean123 on February 15, 2009, 05:51:46 PM
yo i need to now if i can make airtime 5 plz ok
If you make it good and you let me designate someone to critique and test it.
Also...it has to have a good bit different in it...something new and exciting added.
-
OK LOOK I ASK HIM SO ALL YOU GUYS SHOULD LEAVE ME ALONE
*****LOOK*******
Quote from: sean123 on February 15, 2009, 05:51:46 PM
yo i need to now if i can make airtime 5 plz ok
If you make it good and you let me designate someone to critique and test it.
Also...it has to have a good bit different in it...something new and exciting added.
Then u can show us a screenshot?
-
YES I CAN
-
TELL ME HOW TO DO IT
-
If its an IRC thing than hold down shift then hit prt scr right next to the scroll lock button. Then paste it in Paint and upload it.
-
KK
-
Your attachment couldn't be saved. This might happen because it took too long to upload or the file is bigger than the server will allow.
Please consult your server administrator for more information.
-
http://rapidshare.com/files/202944293/DP_HELP.bmp.html
-
So people don't have to download it:
http://img3.imageshack.us/img3/6612/dphelp.png
-
it was a fourm pm
-
Yeah...yeah...
Just keep in mind that this is a tough crowd to please sean123.
When you are done with the map you can put up a poll on this forum.
If the poll is favorable, and/or if certain key individuals comment positively, it will have my blessing.
In reality it is only respectful to ask the original creator for permission, and I thank you for doing that.
Now it is this wild and very hard to please bunch you must please!!!
Good luck.
hmmm maybe I should map some.
-
They decompiled airtime4 and ruined it.
airtime4 was already decompiled and ruinded. Now the same from a ruined map?
-
Yea airtime should've just stopped at airtime3
-
no i am making it and it will be posted
-
AND it will not be played...
nice post nick/chris i havent seen you release any maps yet? ohh my bad thats halfway good looking...
lock this thread
-
robin lean how to map thx
-
First off, not to be mean (well kind of to be mean) the map will definitely not be played. It'll probably look horrible, even if you did just decompile it, I'm sure you will mess it up beyond any playable state in a matter of minutes. You're new to mapping, and you should learn how to map before you do anything you want to post on here. It'll be ripped apart and you'll end up getting pissed at us because we think you suck.
With that being said, make your own maps, but don't release one until you finally learn how to light, and add entities. No one here wants to see your horrible looking maps, especially if they are unlit.
-
Thank you Spook didn't want to post something like that because most probably i would've been banned. Anyways don't decompile maps even though you got the acceptance from the originator. Like people told me if you are going to make a next version of the map or a remake COMPLETELY remake it