Digital Paint Discussion Board

Paintball 2: The Game => Help and Support => Topic started by: zimtstern on March 07, 2009, 01:27:51 PM

Title: Lag
Post by: zimtstern on March 07, 2009, 01:27:51 PM
Hi,

since some days i lag hardly...
Ping is ok.
Fps is ok.
Build 26 installed.
I don`t have other programms running.

I thought this helps:
http://digitalpaint.therisenrealm.com/reference/reducinglag

It doesnt.

(http://img24.imageshack.us/img24/9757/sshot045.th.jpg) (http://img24.imageshack.us/my.php?image=sshot045.jpg)

Any Ideas?

Title: Re: Lag
Post by: ViciouZ on March 07, 2009, 01:29:48 PM
Try a different server/make sure you aren't downloading anything
Title: Re: Lag
Post by: KI3S on March 07, 2009, 01:41:09 PM
What kind of graphics card are you using?
Title: Re: Lag
Post by: ViciouZ on March 07, 2009, 01:47:07 PM
What kind of graphics card are you using?

Fps is ok.

Internet lag
Title: Re: Lag
Post by: zimtstern on March 07, 2009, 01:49:12 PM
Arctic lags the most... but im the only one there who has lags
Im not downloading anything..
btw: i never lag during downloads

@KI3S Im using an Nvidia 6200 with 256 Mb RAM.
Title: Re: Lag
Post by: KI3S on March 07, 2009, 01:55:26 PM
Internet lag

I have this same problem with one of my computers. My fps is fine and I still lag. I posted about it awhile ago and mostly everyone said it was my graphics card.
Title: Re: Lag
Post by: magalhaes on March 07, 2009, 02:07:41 PM
I lag in arctic servers too. With 1000 fps and 70 ping. The servers are just not very good.
Title: Re: Lag
Post by: zimtstern on March 07, 2009, 02:11:11 PM
I lag in arctic servers too. With 1000 fps and 70 ping. The servers are just not very good.

I lag on each Server not just Arctic..

Title: Re: Lag
Post by: i_am_a_pirate on March 07, 2009, 03:22:52 PM
Get rid of the high-res textures. That's alli can suggest. I still lag with about a million anti-lag commands on. The textures are just a blur, and I'm not sure i could physically reduce the lag much more. You're officially stuck!
Title: Re: Lag
Post by: zimtstern on March 07, 2009, 03:50:10 PM
@i_am_a_pirate i use these textures since 5 months i never had probs with them..

Title: Re: Lag
Post by: MyeRs on March 07, 2009, 04:29:06 PM
I lag on arctic's to!!
Title: Re: Lag
Post by: RiDe on March 08, 2009, 03:27:39 AM
bet my lag wins.
Title: Re: Lag
Post by: RazAN on March 08, 2009, 09:26:43 PM
I lag on arctic's to!!
very not necessary! :)
Title: Re: Lag
Post by: ic3y on March 09, 2009, 03:09:19 AM
Since Build 26 my pb laggs after a time for 30 seconds or so.
I lag in arctic servers too. With 1000 fps ...
lol I get just 400fps by a geforce 8600 GT / 512mb

@all: Get better internet connection. Spain has DSL 318 (Lite), his ping is 89 and laggs.
Title: Re: Lag
Post by: zimtstern on March 09, 2009, 03:49:28 AM
Since Build 26 my pb laggs after a time for 30 seconds or so.lol I get just 400fps by a geforce 8600 GT / 512mb

@all: Get better internet connection. Spain has DSL 318 (Lite), his ping is 89 and laggs.

I think my connection is enough good. I ping 50-55 on an euro server, 160-170 on an american server.
I just can`t believe it..i never lag. Ill try some other games next days.
Title: Re: Lag
Post by: ic3y on March 09, 2009, 04:00:25 AM
cl_maxfps 0

and in the video options V-synch out
Title: Re: Lag
Post by: zimtstern on March 09, 2009, 04:19:32 AM
cl_maxfps 0

and in the video options V-synch out

I test both, worse than before.
Title: Re: Lag
Post by: abnormal on March 09, 2009, 10:18:05 AM
Well I have maybe the same problem. When I play Start new game everythings ok, but when I join a server (doesnt matter which one) I start laggin after some time. Fps and ping is ok.. It's been happening to me before I installed 26.
Title: Re: Lag
Post by: jitspoe on March 09, 2009, 02:29:47 PM
The problem you're having is with packet loss.  That's what those black bars are.  This is common if you're using a wireless connection, or you have stuff using bandwidth in the background (torrents, etc.), or your ISP just sucks.
Title: Re: Lag
Post by: i_am_a_pirate on March 09, 2009, 04:59:42 PM
your ISP just sucks.
Title: Re: Lag
Post by: zimtstern on March 09, 2009, 05:53:33 PM
The problem you're having is with packet loss.  That's what those black bars are.  This is common if you're using a wireless connection, or you have stuff using bandwidth in the background (torrents, etc.), or your ISP just sucks.

I don`t have wireless here.
Our Router is for TV and Comps.. I always had 3 Comps and the TV on it-> No lags

__
Some small demo of me pubbing:
http://www.file-upload.net/download-1513686/zimt.dm2.html

Im sure there is a guy in here who had the same problem...
Zim

Title: Re: Lag
Post by: rockitude on April 01, 2009, 08:53:36 AM
Quote
@all: Get better internet connection. Spain has DSL 318 (Lite), his ping is 89 and laggs.

I have DSL 384 (Lite) o0
Title: Re: Lag
Post by: zimtstern on April 01, 2009, 10:46:23 AM
It was something with my Provider.
Locked.