Digital Paint Discussion Board
Development => Mapping => Map Graveyard => Topic started by: obigl on April 24, 2009, 03:55:40 AM
-
hi, new map ;)
admins load this map on servers. Thank you
download map: http://www.team92.de/maps/beta/banliue13_b1.bsp
scrnshot : (http://www.team92.de/bup/sshot150.jpg)
(http://www.team92.de/bup/sshot151.jpg)
(http://www.team92.de/bup/sshot152.jpg)
-
Another cool map obi, looks nice from screenshots.
Banlieu 13 is a nice movie:)
-
Nice map :) Now everyone can pretend to be David Belle ;)
Some things you might want to change: IMO lights shouldn't be that bright. Make them little darker. And that pattern metal, idk what's it called, looks bad. I think, if you give it trimmings to sides it would look better. And that dust bin behind flag, change the texture from the top, doesn't fit there, imo.
-
Nice work obi ;) nothing more need to say =)
-
banlieue.
-
Nice map! Just some misaligned textures and one thing that really hurts my eyes.. The lamps! Try to make them a lil slimmer..
http://www.alicememoir.com/Graphics/4-crook-street_lamp.jpg - maybe something like this?
-
Post removed
-
All i can think is perfugio for some reason
-
I think it's ugly as sin. On eR33t servers now if you want to play with others.
newmap beta/banliue13_b1.bsp
-
Could you possibly raise the roof? I keep hitting my head on certain jumps.
-
Three things I would change after matching on that.
- Get rid of the high shadow stuff if you want that map to be taken seriously, or change the sky to a day time sky
- Change yellow team to red/purple. With the lights you used, yellow becomes very hard to see in a lot of spots.
- Raise the sky box, there is a lot of jumps that can be done if it was.
-
Three things I would change after matching on that.
- Get rid of the high shadow stuff if you want that map to be taken seriously, or change the sky to a day time sky
- Change yellow team to red/purple. With the lights you used, yellow becomes very hard to see in a lot of spots.
- Raise the sky box, there is a lot of jumps that can be done if it was.
Good map obi but as James said please change the colors of the teams i as well had some difficulty seeing the yellow team.
-
Change the sky to the day sky, theres too dark places.
-
Change the sky to the day sky, theres too dark places.
Yes.. to easy to camp
-
Change the sky to the day sky, theres too dark places.
Yes.. to easy to camp
Def dont do that. That would change the entire theme of the map and also, probably make the map VERY ugly
-
Def dont do that. That would change the entire theme of the map and also, probably make the map VERY ugly
Robbie said not to do it, so you must do it.
-
Robbie said not to do it, so you must do it.
blaa said to do it, so you must not do it. ;D
Oh and yeah, don't change the sky to daytime. Just lighten up the map or place dim lights in dark corners.
-
I love house/city maps. good joob but i would maybe add 1/2 more ways.
(http://img25.imageshack.us/img25/6419/obik.th.jpg) (http://img25.imageshack.us/my.php?image=obik.jpg)
-
I love house/city maps. good joob but i would maybe add 1/2 more ways.
(http://img25.imageshack.us/img25/6419/obik.th.jpg) (http://img25.imageshack.us/my.php?image=obik.jpg)
Agreed.
And rename it to banlieue13_b1, it s a french name. "eue"
-
Played this map yesterday with 7 or 8 people and about 20 acebots just for fun. Didn't turn out too fun...lol
I thought it was a little too dark and that big yellow thing is just plain horrendous.
-
Def dont do that. That would change the entire theme of the map and also, probably make the map VERY ugly
The map is already ugly. The best thing to do would to change the sky to daytime and use sun light and change all the light textures to not produce light. That would keep the same theme just day time.
-
Interesting use of textures. I've attached a demo of some things you might want to revise and uploaded the map to the beta server for play testing (see pm for details).
-
After play testing a bit, I noticed a couple more things. The most major of which being that the blue spawns with medium guns while yellow spawns with high-end guns. I've attached another demo.
Frankly, the map might play better without the high (dark) roofs at all. I can only really see them being used as camping spots, even if you fix the lighting. They're too slow to be used as main paths.
-
Maybe add few spawns to high? It could work, if you balance them well.
-
Besides yellow having better guns, they also cant be seen very well. Either change the team colors or the lighting.
-
Wow looks great. I would't change the sky. Map looks great the way it is. Changing yellow might not be a bad idea though. Going up on 3iob pub rotation.
-
Really good map, Good for rushing, I like the jumps and the camp spots in the base are very good.
Good Job.
-
The only changes IMO would be changing Yellow team, and making the guns equal on each side. Other then that it's really fun.
-
I would clip off the high, black roofs. They don't really add anything to the game play, and sometimes a bunch of people will just camp up there instead of actually playing.
-
I would clip off the high, black roofs. They don't really add anything to the game play, and sometimes a bunch of people will just camp up there instead of actually playing.
I do it.
Remove the way to get to roofs or make them really hard, because it's not easy to do a run on the high, soo people just sit there and camp, or just line the flag, making it a bit impossible to play in.
BTW I found some texture errors in the lamps, ill post a screen later. (It shows a the red splat symbol in the lamp spot. But I use textures different from the default ones, can that be related?)
-
Map s cool for 2s:)
Change guns for blue ty.