Digital Paint Discussion Board

Fairness Enforcement => Issues for Committee Review => Topic started by: jitspoe on June 10, 2009, 08:04:35 PM

Title: Committee Members (#3 - June 2009)
Post by: jitspoe on June 10, 2009, 08:04:35 PM
In no particular order:

Cola
Gamabunta
oNd (formerly Death)
Filp
Asthor
Zimtstern
Cameron
Justinph5
Henrod
Superman

More details to come.  I haven't gotten the permissions set yet.
Title: Re: Committee Members (#3 - June 2009)
Post by: atmays on June 10, 2009, 08:22:27 PM
Aw I didnt make the cut :(

O well, Congrats
Title: Re: Committee Members (#3 - June 2009)
Post by: cusoman on June 10, 2009, 09:01:05 PM
Seems like a level headed group of guys :)

Good Luck!

-Cusoman
Title: Re: Committee Members (#3 - June 2009)
Post by: Br55HiT on June 10, 2009, 09:21:00 PM
Don't know half of them...
Title: Re: Committee Members (#3 - June 2009)
Post by: James on June 10, 2009, 11:50:39 PM
Who?
Title: Re: Committee Members (#3 - June 2009)
Post by: Justinph5 on June 10, 2009, 11:53:39 PM
oh, I forgot to make my name first on the list.
Title: Re: Committee Members (#3 - June 2009)
Post by: KI3S on June 11, 2009, 12:10:34 AM
Congrats, let's hope they crack down on all those multiple accounts!
Lol
Title: Re: Committee Members (#3 - June 2009)
Post by: Br55HiT on June 11, 2009, 12:44:36 AM
I bet they got picked because they would all give a 3 year ban to someone who just changed their crosshair.
Title: Re: Committee Members (#3 - June 2009)
Post by: SkaDooSh on June 11, 2009, 01:05:48 AM
Good Luck
Title: Re: Committee Members (#3 - June 2009)
Post by: shep on June 11, 2009, 04:07:26 AM
hahahhahah henrod rofl
Title: Re: Committee Members (#3 - June 2009)
Post by: Rick on June 11, 2009, 04:11:29 AM
hahahhahah henrod rofl

Whats wrong with that?

Edit:
[18:14] <Sherman> whats wrong with henrod being committee
[18:14] <shep|> henrods a fgt
[18:14] <shep|> imatrue for his age
[18:15] <Sherman> LOl

Shep, come on. How is he immature for his age? and How's he a 'fgt'?

Edit2:
[20:18] _-8:18PM-_(«Rick») Whats wrong with Henrod?
[20:18] _-8:18PM-_(«shep|») hhaa
[20:18] _-8:18PM-_(«shep|») ur like the 4th person who has asked
[20:18] _-8:18PM-_(«Rick») Shep.
[20:19] _-8:19PM-_(«Rick») Why is he a 'fgt'?
[20:19] _-8:19PM-_(«Rick») and How is he immature for his age?
[20:19] _-8:19PM-_(«shep|») coz he is
[20:19] _-8:19PM-_(«shep|») heard his voice
[20:19] _-8:19PM-_(«Rick») What about his voice?
[20:19] _-8:19PM-_(«shep|») why u on irc ur banned
[20:19] _-8:19PM-_(«shep|») and the furoms?
[20:19] _-8:19PM-_(«Rick») Why do you change the subject?
[20:20] _-8:20PM-_(«shep|») hows school?
[20:20] _-8:20PM-_(«Rick») I passed my exams.
[20:20] _-8:20PM-_(«Rick») Not like you.

Title: Re: Committee Members (#3 - June 2009)
Post by: shep on June 11, 2009, 06:25:01 AM
haah funny excrement well done rick!
Title: Re: Committee Members (#3 - June 2009)
Post by: fasian on June 11, 2009, 06:30:48 AM
oOo I like the new list.
Title: Re: Committee Members (#3 - June 2009)
Post by: THE-MAN on June 11, 2009, 06:41:01 AM
Good Luck to you all.
Title: Re: Committee Members (#3 - June 2009)
Post by: Rewind on June 11, 2009, 07:08:05 AM
Looks good. I have confidence these guys will help out alot.

Hopefully I'm right.
Title: Re: Committee Members (#3 - June 2009)
Post by: Fuzz Ball on June 11, 2009, 07:15:34 AM
Missing a few people I thought would be there...
Anyway welcome the change and hope all goes well.
Title: Re: Committee Members (#3 - June 2009)
Post by: Henkka on June 11, 2009, 07:59:20 AM
Horrible committee. Maybe the worst ever. Just a few good guys. :o I mean, Gamabunta? Asthor? Flip? What the heck?  ;D
Title: Re: Committee Members (#3 - June 2009)
Post by: JiGSaW on June 11, 2009, 08:22:01 AM
What the hell kind of committee is that?
Title: Re: Committee Members (#3 - June 2009)
Post by: Rocky on June 11, 2009, 08:51:57 AM
lmfao ondramh!!!! guy cant even write english..not sure if he even knows what is dplogin.com =/

ZIMTSTERN IN COMMITTEE <3
Title: Re: Committee Members (#3 - June 2009)
Post by: lekky on June 11, 2009, 09:18:37 AM
Cameron and Justinph5 are the worst committee members ever!!!!!!!!

Good luck.

lol, good luck guys <3
Title: Re: Committee Members (#3 - June 2009)
Post by: lilb990 on June 11, 2009, 09:54:45 AM
lmfao ondramh!!!! guy cant even write english..not sure if he even knows what is dplogin.com =/

ZIMTSTERN IN COMMITTEE <3

LOL

On the other hand some good picks some bad picks some with i dont even know what happened but all together it looks like a stable committee.
Title: Re: Committee Members (#3 - June 2009)
Post by: oNd on June 11, 2009, 10:18:36 AM
Nice one :)

And again, Rocky has to be funny :)
Title: Re: Committee Members (#3 - June 2009)
Post by: Fitz on June 11, 2009, 12:31:44 PM
No Bix on the committee? I'm sad.

Oh, and
What the hell kind of committee is that?
Title: Re: Committee Members (#3 - June 2009)
Post by: RoBbIe on June 11, 2009, 01:15:42 PM
In no particular order:

Cola
Gamabunta
oNd (formerly Death)
Filp
Asthor
Zimtstern
Cameron
Justinph5
Henrod
Superman

More details to come.  I haven't gotten the permissions set yet.

Sorry never heard of oNd i never seen him on the foums same with (Henrod, Asthor, and Gamabunta )

Why would superman be on the committee i mean i have never seen him help out anyone, I mean he is a cool guy and a great player, but not committee material. Same goes with everyone up there that wasnt a former member, You guys picked horribly, I like the players dont get me wrong there cool and good at the game, Superman dont ban me from pub =P I LOVE YOU!!!!  Well thats about all i got to say
Title: Re: Committee Members (#3 - June 2009)
Post by: MosEz on June 11, 2009, 01:17:46 PM
wheres bix
Title: Re: Committee Members (#3 - June 2009)
Post by: Bangy on June 11, 2009, 01:24:10 PM
lmfao ondramh!!!! guy cant even write english..not sure if he even knows what is dplogin.com =/

ZIMTSTERN IN COMMITTEE <3

And someone like zimt, who tells to everyone "intercourse you" etc can be there :) just shh u kid .) I dont know, if ondramh is good for committee, but zimt isnt too.
Title: Re: Committee Members (#3 - June 2009)
Post by: oNd on June 11, 2009, 01:25:37 PM
Sorry never heard of oNd i never seen him on the foums same with (Henrod, Asthor, and Gamabunta )

Yeah, it's possible. I wasn't so active on the forums.
Title: Re: Committee Members (#3 - June 2009)
Post by: nub on June 11, 2009, 02:43:38 PM
The only thing that I do not understand is how Henrod got a position he never applied for.
Title: Re: Committee Members (#3 - June 2009)
Post by: RoBbIe on June 11, 2009, 02:51:33 PM
I am so glad bix did NOT get the spot, He is so full of himself
Title: Re: Committee Members (#3 - June 2009)
Post by: lilb990 on June 11, 2009, 03:03:58 PM
it's most probably he helped out the community and contributed a lot.
Title: Re: Committee Members (#3 - June 2009)
Post by: FluKe on June 11, 2009, 03:13:43 PM
lmfao ondramh!!!! guy cant even write english..not sure if he even knows what is dplogin.com =/


ondramh hes not been on he came on the day i told him about this i don't think he remembered


Title: Re: Committee Members (#3 - June 2009)
Post by: oNd on June 11, 2009, 03:22:13 PM
Hehe  ;D That was bad joke by Rocky.. i know about dplogin.com since i have started play :D
Title: _
Post by: P!nk on June 11, 2009, 03:26:42 PM
Post removed
Title: Re: Committee Members (#3 - June 2009)
Post by: SuperMAn on June 11, 2009, 03:34:17 PM
Why would superman be on the committee i mean i have never seen him help out anyone, I mean he is a cool guy and a great player, but not committee material. 

You obviously don't see much.
Title: Re: Committee Members (#3 - June 2009)
Post by: lilb990 on June 11, 2009, 04:16:57 PM
Yes Robbie Superman has helped out a lot. The pub that you go in that's his buddy and he's got it to the top of the server list of gametracker in DP in less than a year.
Title: Re: Committee Members (#3 - June 2009)
Post by: atmays on June 11, 2009, 06:23:04 PM
Can someone define exactly whats considered contributing to the game. Im a little confused, and contributing definitely cant be a MAIN reason why some of them guys got picked.
Title: Re: Committee Members (#3 - June 2009)
Post by: Justinph5 on June 11, 2009, 07:01:36 PM
* potential to contribute
^that should cover all answers to how people could get in...

* annoying
^that should cover all questions why ya'll weren't chosen...
Title: Re: Committee Members (#3 - June 2009)
Post by: KnacK on June 11, 2009, 07:07:52 PM
* potential to contribute
^that should cover all answers to how people could get in...

* annoying
^that should cover all questions why ya'll weren't chosen...

Perfect ;D
Title: Re: Committee Members (#3 - June 2009)
Post by: Cameron on June 11, 2009, 07:18:31 PM
I dont know how Robbie hasn't heard of Henrod and Gamabunta....

Perfect ;D
What he said :)
Title: Re: Committee Members (#3 - June 2009)
Post by: Rick on June 11, 2009, 07:20:00 PM
Sorry never heard of oNd i never seen him on the foums same with (Henrod, Asthor, and Gamabunta )

Why would superman be on the committee i mean i have never seen him help out anyone, I mean he is a cool guy and a great player, but not committee material. Same goes with everyone up there that wasnt a former member, You guys picked horribly, I like the players dont get me wrong there cool and good at the game, Superman dont ban me from pub =P I LOVE YOU!!!!  Well thats about all i got to say

n00b.
Title: Re: Committee Members (#3 - June 2009)
Post by: Cameron on June 11, 2009, 07:28:33 PM
I'd like to see a list of people apart from ex-committee members, responsible and non-idiotic people who consider themselves to be committee material.  I'm still not sure why people that fit into this category bother going onto the committee, you look at a forum, you read a thread, you email/irc/msn/whatever, get a response, post it, if its enough evidence, vote for a ban time.  Sounds like fun doesn't it?  You little kids would get bored of doing that in like uhh 2 minutes?
Title: Re: Committee Members (#3 - June 2009)
Post by: KI3S on June 11, 2009, 08:45:09 PM
I consider myself responsible. The only reason I posted my application was because in Jitspoe's first post, he said he needs people that are willing and able to contact a great deal of players to try to fix up alot of the multiple accounts. Now I can do that, since I only work 1 or 2 days a week, and I wanted to help out and that was the main thing I posted my application for.

Anyways for the new members, good luck. I hope that they remain active and get some great things accomplished.
Title: Re: Committee Members (#3 - June 2009)
Post by: coLa on June 11, 2009, 09:46:33 PM
In no particular order:

Cola
Gamabunta
oNd (formerly Death)
Filp
Asthor
Zimtstern
Cameron
Justinph5
Henrod
Superman

More details to come.  I haven't gotten the permissions set yet.

Best person on top. nuff said.
Title: Re: Committee Members (#3 - June 2009)
Post by: m7feettall on June 12, 2009, 02:34:58 AM

Why would superman be on the committee i mean i have never seen him help out anyone..... Same goes with everyone up there that wasnt a former member, ot to say

Flip has participated in several training clans, helping new players, teaching them to strafe, introducing them to match play, etc.

Perhaps you should consider the possibility that your personal knowledge of an applicant does not define their contributions to the game.

Title: Re: Committee Members (#3 - June 2009)
Post by: nightryder on June 12, 2009, 03:11:03 AM
doesn't committee members just look for multi accounts and hunt down obscure players to see if they are multiaccounting? or they collaborate on whether or not someone is hacking...

how much qualifications do you need? why do they have to "help" out the community any more than that? its not the most important position on the internet and i doubt you need to have half a brain to be part of it.

Be responsible with your new "title" guys, good luck...
Title: Re: Committee Members (#3 - June 2009)
Post by: fasian on June 12, 2009, 11:01:34 AM
I dont know, if ondramh is good for committee, but zimt isnt too.
Whats wrong with zimt?
Title: Re: Committee Members (#3 - June 2009)
Post by: KI3S on June 12, 2009, 11:31:09 AM
Everyone's not gonna be happy with the committee members, no matter who is in there. Someone will always disagree with something, so it doesn't really matter.
Title: Re: Committee Members (#3 - June 2009)
Post by: MaX_OwnAge on June 12, 2009, 11:48:09 AM
I don't know why people are so worked up about the committee members. As long as they take care of cheaters in a timely fashion, who cares who's on the committee? It's not like these people are going to drastically affect a person's enjoyment of playing paintball. As long as you are not a cheater, you will have virtually NO interaction with them; so I don't see what the big deal is. Everyone just needs to chill.

GL new committee members, I am sure you will do a fine job.
Title: Re: Committee Members (#3 - June 2009)
Post by: Kyuuchi on June 12, 2009, 12:30:07 PM
cola and asthor? do they even go pubbing and matching anymore? good choice with zimtstern :D:D [/not sarcasm] -
and good luck everyone

Title: Re: Committee Members (#3 - June 2009)
Post by: AsThor on June 12, 2009, 04:38:39 PM
yes i do :p but since my graphic card is broken im not playing atm.
Title: Re: Committee Members (#3 - June 2009)
Post by: jitspoe on June 12, 2009, 08:58:44 PM
I haven't had much time, and I'm heading out to a paintball scenario right now, so I'll try to get the permissions and everything set up when I get back next week.
Title: Re: Committee Members (#3 - June 2009)
Post by: Fuzz Ball on June 12, 2009, 09:07:40 PM
So when do they start?
Title: Re: Committee Members (#3 - June 2009)
Post by: coLa on June 12, 2009, 10:16:16 PM
cola and asthor? do they even go pubbing and matching anymore? good choice with zimtstern :D:D [/not sarcasm] -
and good luck everyone



Who are you? I play plenty.
Title: Re: Committee Members (#3 - June 2009)
Post by: Cameron on June 12, 2009, 10:59:13 PM
So when do they start?
When he changes the permissions, which is when he gets back from his paintball scenario, so next week.
Title: Re: Committee Members (#3 - June 2009)
Post by: flip on June 12, 2009, 11:07:55 PM
Who are you? I play plenty.

I'm flip. Nice to meet you soda pop.
Title: Re: Committee Members (#3 - June 2009)
Post by: Br55HiT on June 12, 2009, 11:43:41 PM
* potential to contribute
^that should cover all answers to how people could get in...

* annoying
^that should cover all questions why ya'll weren't chosen...

Having the potential to do something is hardly a reason.  I have the potential to make a million dollars in a year.  That doesn't mean it will happen.
Title: Re: Committee Members (#3 - June 2009)
Post by: Justinph5 on June 13, 2009, 12:52:51 AM
Having the potential to do something is hardly a reason.  I have the potential to make a million dollars in a year.  That doesn't mean it will happen.

And we're certainly not 100% they all will be good committee members.

If they never get the chance to be on the committee, we'll never know if they'll be good on the committee.
Same as:
Since you never took the chance to make 1 million dollars, you'll never know if you could have gotten it.

Just like when we reviewed everyone. We looked at who were the best candidates to invest our trust in.
Same as:
When everyone said they could make 1 million in a year, we chose the best candidates to invest our money in.

Now quit complaining and go make yourself a million dollars, then you can buy DP2 and choose your own committee, ALL WITHIN A YEAR!!1!!!  (lol, same potential as me opening an umbrella and flying away like Mary Poppins)
Title: Re: Committee Members (#3 - June 2009)
Post by: Br55HiT on June 13, 2009, 01:26:12 AM
Not saying potential isn't a good reason.  Happens in clans all the time.  But if a new member doesn't life up to that potential they are removed.  And it doesn't take a year and 6 months to do it.  If you remove/replace the problems in a short time then there wouldn't be as many and people would be happy.
Title: Re: Committee Members (#3 - June 2009)
Post by: Cameron on June 13, 2009, 01:59:59 AM
Thats what we have roll calls for, or used to have.... lol.  I will discuss something KnacK told me last night :).
Title: Re: Committee Members (#3 - June 2009)
Post by: jitspoe on June 17, 2009, 09:58:28 PM
New committee member permissions have been set.
Title: Re: Committee Members (#3 - June 2009)
Post by: flip on June 18, 2009, 08:06:35 PM
Not saying potential isn't a good reason.  Happens in clans all the time.  But if a new member doesn't life up to that potential they are removed.  And it doesn't take a year and 6 months to do it.  If you remove/replace the problems in a short time then there wouldn't be as many and people would be happy.

Maybe that is where the clans scene is faulty. You became good at every game the moment you started. Others take a while to learn. Maybe if the clans didn't expect everyone to be "great" the moment they started then you would have more stable teams.
Title: Re: Committee Members (#3 - June 2009)
Post by: Br55HiT on June 20, 2009, 01:55:09 AM
I was not great at DP the moment I started.  I went through about 2 low end clans that I was in for a while which introduced me to IRC and teamspeak.  Then I was in 1 clan for about half a year or so which was decent.  Then I went on vacation for a week, the clan died and Ij was formed.  I knew all the people who started Ij and joined the day I got back from vacation.  We weren't the best but since we stuck together for a long time we became very good together.  It does help that like 3-4 of us live within 10 minuets of each other.

A good clan isn't just good players, it's the team effort.  When Ij was at it's peak we could play pp1 with little to no recon and still easily win.  We just knew what everyone was doing and what to do when something happened.  If you listen to us on vent when we are playing well you won't hear that much recon.  We spend more time talking about random stuff and giving false recon to screw our teammates over.  We don't like new people in the clan because they can ruin what we have going with our teamwork.

The clan scene is faulty.  People need to stop making and killing clans weekly.  If they just get a group in a clan and stay together they will get better.  Clan hopping is one of the things that hurts teamwork because they don't play with the same people long enough.
Title: Re: Committee Members (#3 - June 2009)
Post by: lekky on June 20, 2009, 10:32:09 AM
Take QeHs as example, bunch of no hopers when formed, turned into world beaters (sliiiight exaggeration) after a couple of years