Digital Paint Discussion Board

Development => Bugs, Feature Requests, and Feedback => Topic started by: yossarianuk on August 08, 2009, 08:08:31 AM

Title: Compiled (linux) - Local map version differs from server: (always)
Post by: yossarianuk on August 08, 2009, 08:08:31 AM
Hi.

It an attempt to stop the random crashing on linux I have tried to compile from source in order to try the sdl sound module, compile is fine, the game runs but I cannot connect to any server.

I always get
---------------------------------------------------
3.13 MB received in 13.07 seconds. 245.40 KB/s.
Local map version differs from server: -941073859 != '-1274592206'
Re-downloading.
---------------------------------------------------

(btw I did it from a fresh install also)

Here are the steps I did (most likely I errored along the way)

1. Get a fresh copy of lastet linux client
2. Get source - edit makefile to enable SDL
3. run make release (from source dir)
4 copied  [sourcedir]/paintball2/paintball2 (+ ref_pbgl.so  snd_alsa.so  snd_oss.so   snd_sdl.so)  to the linux client dir (overwriting the original files)
5 run paintball2.

Did i do something wrong ?

Or do I have to do something else in order to be able to connect to servers?

Title: Re: Compiled (linux) - Local map version differs from server: (always)
Post by: jitspoe on August 08, 2009, 09:37:41 AM
The map checksum code isn't compatible with 64 bit.  I have some that is, but I haven't checked it in yet.

By the way, don't try to play online with a custom compiled executable.  You could get banned for  modified content.  There's no way to discern the difference between legitimate hackers and cheating hackers.
Title: Re: Compiled (linux) - Local map version differs from server: (always)
Post by: yossarianuk on August 08, 2009, 12:52:27 PM
thanks for the advice jitspoe, I can force a 32 bit compile using linux32 ..

If I just copy the snd_oss.so file from the compile will that be safe - i.e not consider me to be hacking?

Cheers