Digital Paint Discussion Board

Fairness Enforcement => Cheater Reports and Bans => Topic started by: jitspoe on March 17, 2006, 10:51:13 PM

Title: Envy, I'm contacting your ISP.
Post by: jitspoe on March 17, 2006, 10:51:13 PM
Your continued cheating and ban list evasion won't be tolerated.
Title: Re: Envy, I'm contacting your ISP.
Post by: SkateR on March 17, 2006, 11:10:59 PM
Just wonder, what would an ISP do? Cancel his subscription?
Title: Re: Envy, I'm contacting your ISP.
Post by: Clipz on March 18, 2006, 12:39:33 AM
I dont think they would cancell his internet and lose money over a game thats not to popular.
Title: Re: Envy, I'm contacting your ISP.
Post by: Blitz on March 18, 2006, 12:55:11 AM
They'll cancel clients when they're violating law (ie, violating software license  that forbids reverse engineering)
Title: Re: Envy, I'm contacting your ISP.
Post by: Blitz on March 18, 2006, 12:56:24 AM
People can also be sued for this sort of thing, although it obviously doesn't happen a lot.
Title: Re: Envy, I'm contacting your ISP.
Post by: loial21 on March 18, 2006, 12:59:05 AM
Im telling you if its ATT lines they fined and loose all access to that billing address and name and social.  BTW let me PM you.
Title: Re: Envy, I'm contacting your ISP.
Post by: StriFe on March 18, 2006, 08:57:52 AM
They'll cancel clients when they're violating law (ie, violating software license  that forbids reverse engineering)
They can't do that, as he's not using their service to break said licence, only to download the file.

It's nothing to do with them if he does that stuff on his own computer.

Title: Re: Envy, I'm contacting your ISP.
Post by: Blitz on March 19, 2006, 01:43:06 AM
..except when he uses it as a client to connect to a multiplayer server...
Title: Re: Envy, I'm contacting your ISP.
Post by: pinobot on March 20, 2006, 01:06:41 PM
Quote
They'll cancel clients when they're violating law (ie, violating software license  that forbids reverse engineering)
Dificult to say, if reverse engeneering is allowed in his country it would be a tough nut.
Title: Re: Envy, I'm contacting your ISP.
Post by: twistdid on April 03, 2006, 09:46:37 AM
his ISP wont do anything. they dont care about a game when they are making money.
Title: Re: Envy, I'm contacting your ISP.
Post by: Smokey on April 03, 2006, 09:51:38 AM
it is a legal action. unless they want to face a lawsuite they will take action.

morons.
Title: _
Post by: IronFist on April 03, 2006, 06:06:47 PM
Post removed
Title: Re: Envy, I'm contacting your ISP.
Post by: toM|vendettA on April 10, 2006, 11:56:26 PM
When I did all the google stuff (http://news.com.com/Google+News+dumps+partner+after+prank+item+appears/2100-1025_3-6051690.html) I got a message from my ISP... and all that I did was use a web form to submit a letter.. I think the ISP will take action...
Title: Re: Envy, I'm contacting your ISP.
Post by: Smokey on April 11, 2006, 12:35:15 AM
haha you didnt do that.
Title: Re: Envy, I'm contacting your ISP.
Post by: AgentSmith on April 16, 2006, 12:43:51 PM
no1 would cancel a connection for cheating on an un-popular game since they earn money with his connection...

Otherwise I could run around, get jitspoes ISP and say he hacked on my game and they would cancel hisinternet O_o
Title: Re: Envy, I'm contacting your ISP.
Post by: loial21 on April 17, 2006, 10:48:19 PM
If its in the ISP best intrest the sure dam will. Our legal department is autonomous. It has nothing to do with operations. 
Title: Re: Envy, I'm contacting your ISP.
Post by: MaDMaN on May 02, 2006, 08:30:19 AM
speaking since me and envy have the same net, its kinda hard.. Our isp's dont care.. they are dumb there selves... i called tech. support and said my internet is crawling like dial up, he said whats your ip and let me ping you, so i did... he said it looked fine.. he got a ping of 443ms back... and he pinged me from like 10 miles away....
Title: _
Post by: P!nk on May 02, 2006, 09:31:26 AM
Post removed
Title: Re: Envy, I'm contacting your ISP.
Post by: Qoo on May 02, 2006, 03:17:20 PM
I don't understand why some people of the demographic that play online games can't work out how to get around such bans.  8)

Title: Re: Envy, I'm contacting your ISP.
Post by: GreenAffairz on May 03, 2006, 11:51:28 PM
and what happend jits?
Title: Re: Envy, I'm contacting your ISP.
Post by: Br55HiT on May 15, 2006, 08:40:00 PM
It's not hard to get around ip banns.  There are ways to change your ip and dosen't dial-up change everytime you reconnect?  Like this kid came in my server and started talking and he knew gotchas real name.  So we checked his ip to see if it was anybody gotcha knew and it was totally different from anybodies he knew.  But it turned out to be one of his friends.  His ip changed.  Also you can connect through proxy servers to get around ip banns.  If that's what he is using try to get proxy companies to not give him service.  But other than that you really can't do anything.
Title: Re: Envy, I'm contacting your ISP.
Post by: Qoo on May 15, 2006, 09:10:58 PM
I have adsl and my IP changes frequently, but seriously, most proxies would make you way too laggy.
Title: Re: Envy, I'm contacting your ISP.
Post by: KnacK on May 16, 2006, 09:44:40 AM
you can not connect to dp servers through your typical proxy, like you can when visiting web sites or irc..
Title: Re: Envy, I'm contacting your ISP.
Post by: bug on May 16, 2006, 09:55:58 AM
KnacK, there are several Quake2 proxy hacks that will connect you to a proxy INSIDE the game before connecting to a server. An IP ban will foil most 10-year-old kids, but with some hack googling, you can get around it.
Title: Re: Envy, I'm contacting your ISP.
Post by: KnacK on May 16, 2006, 11:04:15 AM
RIght, but those proxies run on your pc usually.  That wont affect/change your ip.
Title: Re: Envy, I'm contacting your ISP.
Post by: Qoo on May 16, 2006, 11:09:00 AM
I wonder how well something like tor would work with it.


I don't think I ever get a fast enough circuit though  :-\
Title: Re: Envy, I'm contacting your ISP.
Post by: Fyre on May 16, 2006, 04:11:22 PM
The proxies you use to connect to websites are HTTP, and dp is UDP as far as I know..so really without some kind of proxy hack you'd be intercoursed. But honestly, who wants to go through all that trouble just to play a game?
Title: Re: Envy, I'm contacting your ISP.
Post by: TinMan on May 16, 2006, 05:19:35 PM
There are lots of proxies that cover UDP and HTTP, some TOR proxies even cover almost all ports and stuff so you can play games through a proxy, comes in handy when you are on a public network like a library, school, or Panera Bread.  :P
Title: Re: Envy, I'm contacting your ISP.
Post by: JOE on May 17, 2006, 05:53:07 PM
After reading the majority of this post and picking up the vibe that most people are in disbelief that an ISP will take action against cheating.  Jitspoe and Blitz are both correct when stating that by violating the licence agreement of a game and using their connection to connect to a multiplayer server in order ot use an exploit/cheat an ISP will terminate your connection.  An example of this would be when the irc network Paintball usies glined all of Bellsouth because someone was evading bans (breaking the user agreement which you agree too when connecting) ETG contacted bellsouth and in turn they terminated the conenction of several users.
Title: Re: Envy, I'm contacting your ISP.
Post by: loial21 on May 17, 2006, 08:19:07 PM
Thank you. ATT is very stringent on such matters if the legal department is involved. I have the number for the Asset and Protection department, that would be your first step in seeking legal issues. Not only that I have a family memeber who is SR-VP of 'customer events' who would be glad to look at any legitmate concern and direct you with the authority of an officer.

As stated before they will ban your billing address from having any internet connection. It can be done.
Title: Re: Envy, I'm contacting your ISP.
Post by: Qoo on May 17, 2006, 08:20:02 PM
People have complained about my tos violations to my isp before, I never even heard a word from them to ask me to stop.  More serious than cheating in a game too.

Then again I am on one of the worst ISPs  ;)
Title: Re: Envy, I'm contacting your ISP.
Post by: MaDMaN on May 19, 2006, 09:22:13 AM
i dont see why ppl are still doing this, it happend more than 30 days ago.. he is off the ban, and he dont hack no more, I should know, i deleted them when i had his harddrive when his computer got fried,
           Jitspoe, would u happen to know why he gets lag spikes every 10-15 min, he has the biostar Nfroce or T-Force board, nvidia 7600GT, 1.5gbs of OCZ ram, amd athlon 4400+ toledo core?? It does it on every game...
Title: Re: Envy, I'm contacting your ISP.
Post by: Smokey on May 19, 2006, 02:49:49 PM
nobody is going to help someone who hacked that much?...