Digital Paint Discussion Board

Paintball 2: The Game => Help and Support => Topic started by: Kyuuchi on December 31, 2009, 03:27:59 PM

Title: Fullscreen wont load
Post by: Kyuuchi on December 31, 2009, 03:27:59 PM
Hi, I have a brand new (better) laptop thats running on vista ;D. Paintball2 works fine, everything is fine, except I can't load fullscreen.

I go to Setup - Video Options - Fullscreen
and it looks like it's going to go to fullscreen, but then goes back to normal..

Here's a screenshot of what occurs, dunno whether you can make anything out of this :>

please help ;D
Title: Re: Fullscreen wont load
Post by: cap0ne on December 31, 2009, 04:28:46 PM
Having same problem too
i play on a laptop with no sound+ no mouse
Title: Re: Fullscreen wont load
Post by: T3RR0R15T on December 31, 2009, 04:58:49 PM
Try a higher resolution. 640x480 is maybe a little bit to small.
Title: Re: Fullscreen wont load
Post by: Kyuuchi on December 31, 2009, 05:00:56 PM
I tried everything to the 1024 one.. Still nothing. Also, now because I was messing around with the resolution, when I change it back to the default, the text is extremely tiny and I can't read it..

Should I post a screenshot?
Title: Re: Fullscreen wont load
Post by: Gamabunta on December 31, 2009, 06:37:45 PM
For text, try cl_hudscale, 2 should do. About fulscreen, make sure you have drivers for gpx card and maybe play a bit with settings, that's all what comes to my mind atm.
Title: Re: Fullscreen wont load
Post by: b00nlander on January 01, 2010, 12:01:15 AM
isn't there a general problem with 16:9 monitors?  that might cause your problems
Title: Re: Fullscreen wont load
Post by: ic3y on January 01, 2010, 04:58:07 AM
I can just play in fullscreen (1280x1024) when my Hertz is on default. Other bring me back to the Window Modus.
Title: Re: Fullscreen wont load
Post by: Kyuuchi on January 01, 2010, 10:20:02 AM
it's a shame cos, when I play with 1024 x 800 resolution - but not in fullscreen, i lagg really really bad. but if i play in something like 800 x 600 i'm fine.. fullscreen makes you lag less though.. ;)
Title: Re: Fullscreen wont load
Post by: jitspoe on January 01, 2010, 02:47:11 PM
Make sure your refresh rate is set to something your computer supports or default.  Make sure the resolution is set to something your computer supports (best to use whatever your desktop resolution is).