Digital Paint Discussion Board

Development => Mapping => Topic started by: lhs_azevedo on February 20, 2010, 06:16:21 PM

Title: Others Games Clone Maps
Post by: lhs_azevedo on February 20, 2010, 06:16:21 PM
I have played BattleField Heroes and it have nice maps.
I can post map images here, anyone want to create then? (I don't now how to create)

If yes I will post some images, ok?
Title: Re: Others Games Clone Maps
Post by: T3RR0R15T on February 20, 2010, 06:28:46 PM
U can post some images, but idk if u find someone, who will make the maps.
Title: Re: Others Games Clone Maps
Post by: Rick on February 20, 2010, 06:32:04 PM
Is it actually legal to copy a map's design from another game? I was thinking of making a map from a different game, but wasn't sure if it would be allowed.
Title: Re: Others Games Clone Maps
Post by: capo on February 20, 2010, 10:02:07 PM
Is it actually legal to copy a map's design from another game? I was thinking of making a map from a different game, but wasn't sure if it would be allowed.

Pretty sure it's Legal.
Title: Re: Others Games Clone Maps
Post by: lhs_azevedo on February 20, 2010, 10:54:26 PM
Here it is.
(http://i826.photobucket.com/albums/zz182/Serradoss/CoastalClashAngepasst.jpg)
(http://images.totalgamingnetwork.com/images/CC02.jpg)
Title: Re: Others Games Clone Maps
Post by: T3RR0R15T on February 21, 2010, 04:30:16 AM
That would be very very cool, but i think bsp doesn't allow u to make such a big map. There are so many limitations, u reach with normal sized maps.
Idk, if this would be possible with a new map format. Maybe the game needs a lot of performance tweaks first.
Title: Re: Others Games Clone Maps
Post by: Chef-Killer on February 21, 2010, 07:10:14 AM
That's it. It would be awesome, but those opened and detailed areas aren't possible with bsp (quake2).
Title: Re: Others Games Clone Maps
Post by: lhs_azevedo on February 21, 2010, 12:17:51 PM
It dont need to be so detailed, trees can be ugly; low poly wind mill and houses.

Red Aereas can be cutted:
(http://img175.imageshack.us/img175/7516/ccpb2c.jpg)
Title: Re: Others Games Clone Maps
Post by: Chef-Killer on February 21, 2010, 12:35:16 PM
The problem is, that this map is very open, so it will be very hard to have low r_speeds, not much lags, ... I think, it is impossible with this map format we have atm. Maybe someone could show me the opposite, but I can't imagine.
Title: Re: Others Games Clone Maps
Post by: Kyuuchi on February 21, 2010, 01:23:04 PM
The problem is, that this map is very open, so it will be very hard to have low r_speeds, not much lags, ... I think, it is impossible with this map format we have atm. Maybe someone could show me the opposite, but I can't imagine.

And the water in the map, under the bridge will also boost up the r_speeds.
Title: Re: Others Games Clone Maps
Post by: Chef-Killer on February 21, 2010, 02:03:00 PM
Yes thanks, i forgot the water :P
Title: Re: Others Games Clone Maps
Post by: lhs_azevedo on February 21, 2010, 03:56:03 PM
The water can be blue llike the image without reflexion.

But maybe this map can be best (more houses, less sight):
(http://img683.imageshack.us/img683/6104/vvpb2c.jpg)
(http://gameland.jutarnji.hr/wp-content/gallery/battlefield-heroes-maps/victory-village.jpg)
Title: Re: Others Games Clone Maps
Post by: _burnt on February 22, 2010, 09:37:41 AM
It would still have too large sightlines. maybe if you had cliff/rock what ever splitting the map in half from middle, it could be possible, but the r_speeds would still be really high ( something like 5000 - 8000, depending from amount of detail)