Digital Paint Discussion Board

Paintball 2: The Game => Paintball 2 Discussion => Topic started by: Kainn75 on August 19, 2003, 08:47:06 PM

Title: Problem with build006, need help
Post by: Kainn75 on August 19, 2003, 08:47:06 PM
I patched the game to build006, and now can barly see the game, multiplayer, video and stuff.  I tried settin brightness all the way up the slider in the video tab, but always reverts back to 2/3 after aplly changes. the rest of the game is really dark too. It is like I am waring tinted glasses on in the dark
Title: Re: Problem with build006, need help
Post by: jitspoe on August 20, 2003, 07:44:28 AM
Hmm, sounds like maybe your video card doesn't support overbright.  Try gl_ext_multitexture 0 and gl_overbright 1, see if that makes it brighter.  If not, throw in gl_brightness 1.
Title: Re: Problem with build006, need help
Post by: Kainn75 on August 21, 2003, 04:33:00 PM
the game has always been somewhat dark on my computer. With my sons comp everything looks great, can see just fine.  I got tired of not bein able to see in build 5 so I adjusted set vid_gamma to about 35000.  I was able to see as well on my comp as I could on his.  Now I am back to not bein able to see again and the fix i did before dosn't work.  I tried your suggestions and it did nothing to the apperance of the game.  My video card is Nvidia geforce2 mx/mx400, I do believe it supports overbright.  I have turned up all the settings in my video cards settings, and still no siginificant difference.  I am begining to believe my monitor is on the blink.
Title: Re: Problem with build006, need help
Post by: jitspoe on August 21, 2003, 10:03:15 PM
Hmm, yeah -- could be some issues with your monitor.  Well, leave gl_ext_multitexture at 1 then.  gl_brightness 1 didn't make a difference?  vid_gamma actually works with the LOWER values being brighter, so try setting vid_gamma to .7 and vid_gamma_hw 1.
Title: Re: Problem with build006, need help
Post by: Kainn75 on August 23, 2003, 10:57:27 AM
gl_brightness set to 1 made no siginificant to the apperance of the game.  setting vid_gamma to .700000 also made no difference.  vid_gamma_hw is set to 1.  I have checked to see if I had the lates video drivers, and I do.  Am next going to mess with the saturation settings.
Title: Re: Problem with build006, need help
Post by: jitspoe on August 23, 2003, 05:01:33 PM
Saturation won't make it brighter, just less colorful. Can you give me a sshot of what it looks like for you in-game?