Digital Paint Discussion Board

Development => Mapping => Topic started by: BeViS on May 20, 2006, 03:57:14 AM

Title: When i use BSP i get a thing thet says......
Post by: BeViS on May 20, 2006, 03:57:14 AM
it says.... c:\>call ..|compilers\qbsp "mapname"....the system connot find the path specified then it would say c:\>call ..\compilers\runmap "mapname"   c:\>pause then press any key to continue... then i press it then the black box gos away... can someone plz help!!!!! ???
Title: Re: When i use BSP i get a thing thet says......
Post by: jitspoe on May 20, 2006, 04:00:20 AM
Did you read the installation text file?  Sounds like your directories aren't set up right.
Title: Re: When i use BSP i get a thing thet says......
Post by: Smokey on May 20, 2006, 10:12:35 AM
yay a map by bevis.
Title: _
Post by: Dirty_Taco on May 20, 2006, 02:58:30 PM
Post removed
Title: Re: When i use BSP i get a thing thet says......
Post by: jitspoe on May 21, 2006, 03:27:54 PM
It can be installed anywhere.
Quote
If you wish to install somewhere besides c:\bsp, you will need to edit the following files:
bsp\pball2\game.ini
bsp\quake2\pball\compilers\rad.bat
I just didn't feel like makind an installer for it to create the proper config files.  Maybe I should.

As for the initial error, make sure you have the following files:
C:\bsp\Quake2\pball\compilers\qbsp.bat
C:\bsp\Quake2\pball\compilers\runmap.bat

And open up runmap.bat to make sure it reflects the proper location of paintball2.
Title: Re: When i use BSP i get a thing thet says......
Post by: Termin8oR on May 21, 2006, 04:28:53 PM
LoL
Yea i had same problems when I first used BSP, but now I have been using for about 3 years almost.
Im starting to become a BSP pro but i still have lots to learn and I learn no things every time I use it.
I have everything for BSP in C:\BSP

-Termin8oR