Digital Paint Discussion Board
Paintball 2: The Game => Server Discussion => Topic started by: SuperMAn on July 15, 2011, 02:18:46 PM
-
Hello again everyone,
I will be starting a few servers again shortly. I don't remember all of the little tricks I used to know. Is it possible to have multiple servers all pointing to the same maps/sounds/textures folders?
If it is, would there be any conflict if the same map, or same textures were being used on multiple servers at the same time?
Thanks
-
SUPERMAN!!!
Make sure you link your server to gameservers again so there's those statistics and such!
Yes it's possible, on linux, when you in your paintball2 folder (just the base of paintball2, not /maps/ not /pball etc), if you do ./paintball2 +set dedicated 1 +set public 1 +set port 27910 +map airtime - and then if you do another one with port set at 27911 then both servers will point to the same directories as they are based within the same folder.
There won't be any conflict whatsoever.
-
on linux
Windows too.
./paintball2 +set dedicated 1 +set public 1 +set port 27910 +map airtime
Better:
./paintball2 +set dedicated 1 +set public 1 +exec config_name.cfg +map shock
or in Windows:
paintball2.exe +set dedicated 1 +set public 1 +exec config_name.cfg +map shock
In config u can add both:
port xxx (or it's there default?)
map yyy
And you don't need it in command line.
-
you coming back to dp superman? ive missed u :)
-
you coming back to dp superman? ive missed u :)
When he wasn't in dp? I saw him million times. Just IMO he was allways with us :P .
But k, stop offtopic...
-
Yeah Payl is right. I've never really left =p. Thanks for the info, servers should be up soon.
-
Login please. ;)
-
#team_cc you know the rest. :]
-
SUPERMAN!!!
Make sure you link your server to gameservers again so there's those statistics and such!
Hello,
Servers have been added to GameTracker. You can check out the stats here:
Supermans PUB: http://www.gametracker.com/server_info/96.45.190.8:27910/
Supermans SPEED: http://www.gametracker.com/server_info/96.45.190.8:27911/
Supermans JUMP: http://www.gametracker.com/server_info/96.45.190.8:27912/
I believe all three servers are configured now. If I forgot anything please let me know. Maplists might need a bit of work.