Digital Paint Discussion Board

Development => Mapping => Topic started by: aircrew on August 07, 2011, 02:22:35 PM

Title: New map format?
Post by: aircrew on August 07, 2011, 02:22:35 PM
Ok, I just wonder if there is an effort to finally do it because this idea has been there since 2005 I think. No need to be rude at all :)
Title: Re: New map format?
Post by: T3RR0R15T on August 07, 2011, 02:26:48 PM
There is nothing planned in the near future (or i don't know it).
Title: Re: New map format?
Post by: aircrew on August 07, 2011, 02:38:51 PM
(http://img28.imageshack.us/img28/158/54537484.jpg) (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/28/54537484.jpg/)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us (http://imageshack.us)

(http://img231.imageshack.us/img231/908/97038246.jpg) (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/231/97038246.jpg/)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us (http://imageshack.us)

(http://img43.imageshack.us/img43/794/66264222.jpg) (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/43/66264222.jpg/)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us (http://imageshack.us)

(http://img189.imageshack.us/img189/7054/53787201.jpg) (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/189/53787201.jpg/)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us (http://imageshack.us)

(http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/7716/23855447.jpg) (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/4/23855447.jpg/)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us (http://imageshack.us)

I have just found few pictures of Q3 maps. Would be awesome to have maps like this, even better :)
Title: Re: New map format?
Post by: Bundy on August 07, 2011, 02:47:26 PM
lol looks 100+ times better! *_*
Title: Re: New map format?
Post by: aircrew on August 07, 2011, 02:53:30 PM
I can imagine it would be a big leap into the unknown, but it´s necessary I think. No need to repeat all what was said about the thing this game is dying, just the idea of making maps like this makes me happy :)
Title: Re: New map format?
Post by: T3RR0R15T on August 07, 2011, 02:58:00 PM
(http://img189.imageshack.us/img189/7054/53787201.jpg) (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/189/53787201.jpg/)

This should be possible with the actual map format.
Title: Re: New map format?
Post by: aircrew on August 07, 2011, 03:08:03 PM
You mean just this, or every picture I´ve uploaded? I´ve searched a little bit on the internet and it seems that quake 3 maps are .pk3 which is file including .bsp, textures, sounds etc. So is it the same format or what, I don´t understand it now..
Title: Re: New map format?
Post by: T3RR0R15T on August 07, 2011, 03:52:39 PM
Only this one.


There are different map formats with the file extension .bsp