Digital Paint Discussion Board

Development => Mapping => Map Graveyard => Topic started by: Makowiec on May 01, 2012, 02:03:37 PM

Title: New(old)map: NBS
Post by: Makowiec on May 01, 2012, 02:03:37 PM
Hey!

I don't think you remember a map that I was making one year ago. Maybe you even don't remember me. So here is link to old thread: http://dplogin.com/forums/index.php?topic=21627.0 (http://dplogin.com/forums/index.php?topic=21627.0)
Why I started new? Because it's too old to refresh it and I changed map name. There is no reason to name this map 'PCDP_trw' because PCDP doesn't exist :P.
Why after one year? Idk. Just found that sh... and decided to put it here as FINAL version of the map.
Here it is. Nothing But Something. Hope u like it. Fell free to put it on your servers. And I hope to see it there ;)
Title: Re: New(old)map: NBS
Post by: jitspoe on May 02, 2012, 03:00:27 AM
You shouldn't release a map directly without a beta first.  The map should be the final beta.  This map still has a bunch of misaligned textures (most of the blue barrels, and a bunch of planks), and it's missing a flag on one side!

The ladders to the forts in the middle are difficult to climb - you should probably make a clip brush with the ladder flag set moved slightly away from the ladder brushes.
Title: Re: New(old)map: NBS
Post by: Makowiec on May 02, 2012, 06:59:20 AM
There were betas.. one year ago. I just changed name and put the map here. I know about barrels... what about flag.. fck idk why it disapeared. I made that clip brush o.O. I'll release fixed verion today/tomorrow.

fixed. check 1st post's attachement
Title: Re: New(old)map: NBS
Post by: Makowiec on May 04, 2012, 06:08:50 AM
any feedback?
Title: Re: New(old)map: NBS
Post by: Chef-Killer on May 04, 2012, 08:23:12 AM
I'll have a look at the map soon. Btw. why do you need feedback for a final version. I think you should make a normal beta, fix more stuff, get and work on feedback, make a new beta, etc. A map shouldn't be final just because the name was changed.
Title: Re: New(old)map: NBS
Post by: joker909 on May 04, 2012, 11:07:27 AM
I think the gameplay is not the best, because there is only 1 way
.. and you have a lot of problems with your wood textures.
It's everywhere the same!

Title: Re: New(old)map: NBS
Post by: Clipz on May 04, 2012, 05:27:00 PM
Just because a map has one way doesnt mean its bad game play.. the games changed maps were one way maybe two for a long time. The speed/jumping in the game has changed it to who can move the quickest and capture the flag. Which in my opinion ruins the game.
Title: Re: New(old)map: NBS
Post by: Chef-Killer on May 12, 2012, 05:42:53 AM
As I already wrote, just renaming a map doesn't really improve it.

Most of the following feedback (also jitspoe's demo and of course the pics of joker909 some posts above) is still current.
http://dplogin.com/forums/index.php?topic=21627.msg204097#msg204097

Renamed the map to nbs_b1 and uploaded it to our beta server for now.