Digital Paint Discussion Board

Development => Bugs, Feature Requests, and Feedback => Topic started by: SuperMAn on December 11, 2012, 02:45:58 PM

Title: Potential Bug? Slower startup/exit of dp2
Post by: SuperMAn on December 11, 2012, 02:45:58 PM
Hello,

Ever since I updated to build 37 I have been getting a black screen for about 2 seconds after I load and exit the game.

So for example...  Click paintball2 shortcut, screen goes black for 2 seconds, paintball starts fine.

Has always been almost instant before.



Win7 64 bit
Title: Re: Potential Bug? Slower startup/exit of dp2
Post by: jitspoe on December 11, 2012, 04:59:17 PM
Do you have a context menu open behind your task bar? ;)
Title: Re: Potential Bug? Slower startup/exit of dp2
Post by: SuperMAn on December 11, 2012, 05:14:08 PM
Do you have a context menu open behind your task bar? ;)

=p  No this is a different problem.
Title: Re: Potential Bug? Slower startup/exit of dp2
Post by: jitspoe on December 11, 2012, 07:19:54 PM
Any other OpenGL games experiencing issues like this?  I guess you could try updating video drivers...
Title: Re: Potential Bug? Slower startup/exit of dp2
Post by: TRION on December 12, 2012, 09:33:08 AM
same problem
yes it happpens in quake2 + blender + warsaw
Title: Re: Potential Bug? Slower startup/exit of dp2
Post by: T3RR0R15T on December 12, 2012, 01:29:02 PM
I have it (build 36 + 37) for a half second, but i think thats normal. Mostly i don't notice it, because it is switching from the desktop to the game fullscreen in the same time.
Title: Re: Potential Bug? Slower startup/exit of dp2
Post by: jitspoe on December 12, 2012, 02:41:06 PM
Does it only happen in fullscreen mode?
Title: Re: Potential Bug? Slower startup/exit of dp2
Post by: T3RR0R15T on December 12, 2012, 06:15:26 PM
No, windows mode also. But i have it only once (until i restart my pc).
Title: Re: Potential Bug? Slower startup/exit of dp2
Post by: TRION on December 13, 2012, 06:01:27 AM
it happens in windowed mode  and full screen mode too
Title: Re: Potential Bug? Slower startup/exit of dp2
Post by: TRION on December 13, 2012, 06:03:30 AM
All information about my system in this txt file
Title: Re: Potential Bug? Slower startup/exit of dp2
Post by: SuperMAn on December 16, 2012, 11:46:39 AM
I just did a fresh install of build 37 and I no longer have this problem.

Didn't marawana have a problem that was caused by upgrading to build 37 also?  Maybe there is something wrong with the updater?  In-game server browser doesn't work in build 37 either.


Unfortunately this didn't solve my other problem with the freezing when sounds are played.
Title: Re: Potential Bug? Slower startup/exit of dp2
Post by: jitspoe on December 16, 2012, 04:42:50 PM
Try the server browser again.  It was probably broken due to my test where I removed servers from the list that were running old versions.
Title: Re: Potential Bug? Slower startup/exit of dp2
Post by: TRION on December 16, 2012, 09:05:49 PM
ok