Digital Paint Discussion Board

Development => Bugs, Feature Requests, and Feedback => Topic started by: jitspoe on December 17, 2012, 02:15:21 AM

Title: Alternate Carbine Sound (#3)
Post by: jitspoe on December 17, 2012, 02:15:21 AM
A lot of people have been complaining about the new weapon sounds, and since the 68 Carbine is probably the most used weapon,  I figured I'd take another stab at it.  I actually had some recordings done from a different angle and/or mic configuration.  You'll need to rename these to match the original file names and put them in pball/sound/guns to test them out:

http://www.digitalpaint.org/devel/68carb1_alt3b.wav
http://www.digitalpaint.org/devel/68carb1_empty_alt3.wav

(You probably want to keep a copy of the existing files in case you want to switch back as well).

Also, just for the sake of reference, I resampled the original 68 Carbine sound so it will play correctly with the current sound configuration:
http://www.digitalpaint.org/devel/68carb1_old_resampled48khz.wav

Let me know your thoughts.  If people generally think it's better, I'll include it with the next release.
Title: Re: Alternate Carbine Sound (#3)
Post by: TRION on December 17, 2012, 09:19:32 AM
i like the old sounds
Title: Re: Alternate Carbine Sound (#3)
Post by: jitspoe on December 17, 2012, 10:07:29 AM
Old as in what's currently in the build, or 68carb1_old_resampled48khz.wav?
Title: Re: Alternate Carbine Sound (#3)
Post by: TRION on December 19, 2012, 03:49:25 AM
in the build
Title: Re: Alternate Carbine Sound (#3)
Post by: jitspoe on December 19, 2012, 01:40:57 PM
So did you try playing with these sounds and you liked the previous sounds better, or are you just stating that you like the current sounds?

Anybody else have any feedback?
Title: Re: Alternate Carbine Sound (#3)
Post by: T3RR0R15T on December 19, 2012, 02:01:17 PM
Not today
Anybody else have any feedback?
Not today. I'll test it saturday or sunday.
Title: Re: Alternate Carbine Sound (#3)
Post by: TRION on December 19, 2012, 08:19:02 PM
i played with these sounds
Title: Re: Alternate Carbine Sound (#3)
Post by: TRION on December 19, 2012, 08:19:16 PM
but didnt liked them
Title: Re: Alternate Carbine Sound (#3)
Post by: Foxhound on December 20, 2012, 08:23:49 PM
i like http://www.digitalpaint.org/devel/68carb1_alt3b.wav
Title: Re: Alternate Carbine Sound (#3)
Post by: Toxiic on December 20, 2012, 10:00:21 PM
I agree with trion, old sounds are much more better
Title: Re: Alternate Carbine Sound (#3)
Post by: Foxhound on December 20, 2012, 10:45:01 PM
old old sounds? the ping pong ball sounding sound?
Title: Re: Alternate Carbine Sound (#3)
Post by: blaa on December 21, 2012, 06:32:13 AM
needs more norwegian black metal
Title: Re: Alternate Carbine Sound (#3)
Post by: T3RR0R15T on January 10, 2013, 02:15:36 PM
I like the old and the new sounds. Can't say which sounds are better. The resampled one sounds ugly.

Include it with the next release and change them back if the people cry too much.