Digital Paint Discussion Board

Paintball 2: The Game => Help and Support => Topic started by: TRION on April 25, 2013, 10:16:16 PM

Title: Lag on the client side :(
Post by: TRION on April 25, 2013, 10:16:16 PM
Whenever I pass from a path with textures that have too many lines or entities, I get lags which never stop happening!!! I discovered it when i was playing on italy2 map and got lagged when i strafed while seeing the lines but didn't when i strafed looking at sky :p
Anybody can explain it please. I also get it when someone bursts a granade near me and I look at it :p
it happens even when i play on my own server.
Title: Re: Lag on the client side :(
Post by: jitspoe on April 26, 2013, 12:00:03 PM
I'm not sure what you mean by "lines".  The grenade slowdown is probably because your video card does not handle writing textures very well (what's used for the stainmaps).  You can disable this by setting gl_dynamic to 0.  I'm not sure if that will fix your other issue.

I'm guessing you're playing on a laptop?  What video card do you have?
Title: Re: Lag on the client side :(
Post by: TRION on April 27, 2013, 03:58:01 AM
Yes I use Dell Inspiron Laptop. I don't know if I have a video card but when I saw my device Manger it showed Intel HD 3000 graphics adapter.
Is adapter same as video card??............And I meant a lot of Straight lines like on the roof of map italy.especially which we see when we don't have textures. :p I need some simple and colourful textures for every map I think :p
Title: Re: Lag on the client side :(
Post by: Beppo on April 27, 2013, 06:54:44 AM
just check your processor usage, if it is up to 90 percent ur graphics wont be enough for the game i guess.
Title: Re: Lag on the client side :(
Post by: TRION on April 27, 2013, 07:19:42 AM
only 3 %
Title: Re: Lag on the client side :(
Post by: Beppo on April 27, 2013, 09:16:30 AM
sorry, i meant if ur playing dp2
Title: Re: Lag on the client side :(
Post by: TRION on April 27, 2013, 10:14:53 AM
oh while playing I get almost 30-40%
 So it can't be a RAM or cpu problem
I think my laptop can't handle too much graphical information
Title: Re: Lag on the client side :(
Post by: Beppo on April 27, 2013, 10:55:42 AM
hd3000 is enough to play dp2 so normal u should always get at least 150 fps
Title: Re: Lag on the client side :(
Post by: jE on April 27, 2013, 11:48:56 AM
italy2 gave me a similar problem [or that server] ... and i think JMR posted something about it in another thread
i just changed my cfg to the default one and went back to mine, for some reason it worked...
also that map is even worse than italy :/
Title: Re: Lag on the client side :(
Post by: deadfroggy on April 27, 2013, 10:34:19 PM
I like the additions in italy2 but it just gave me a higher r_speeds then inspiration. Talking like 9,000. In some parts.
Title: Re: Lag on the client side :(
Post by: TRION on April 27, 2013, 10:43:40 PM
how to test the r_speeds ???   Any commands??
Title: Re: Lag on the client side :(
Post by: jE on April 28, 2013, 12:30:04 AM
type r_speeds 1 in console
or seta r_speeds 1 to have them displayed all the time
to deactivate replace 1 with 0