Digital Paint Discussion Board

Development => Mapping => Topic started by: twilightsparkl on May 26, 2013, 06:02:50 PM

Title: fullbright brushes
Post by: twilightsparkl on May 26, 2013, 06:02:50 PM
any way to make fullbright brushes? setting light value 0 doesnt work.

the answer is probably no...
Title: Re: fullbright brushes
Post by: ViciouZ on May 26, 2013, 06:18:50 PM
I get this really odd idea that you can do it by making the brush func_wall with a "minlight" value set, but I can't find any solid evidence to back that up. Idk, try it.
Title: Re: fullbright brushes
Post by: twilightsparkl on May 26, 2013, 07:38:25 PM
I get this really odd idea that you can do it by making the brush func_wall with a "minlight" value set, but I can't find any solid evidence to back that up. Idk, try it.
eenope, didn't work.
Title: Re: fullbright brushes
Post by: jitspoe on May 27, 2013, 09:22:17 PM
I think if you have some light value set, it might work... though it could slow down the compile time.

What, exactly, are you trying to do?
Title: Re: fullbright brushes
Post by: twilightsparkl on May 27, 2013, 10:27:12 PM
I think if you have some light value set, it might work... though it could slow down the compile time.

What, exactly, are you trying to do?

i just want my brush to be fullbright in the dark. also setting light value 1 doesnt work.
Title: Re: fullbright brushes
Post by: TRION on May 27, 2013, 10:39:46 PM
set value 300 it worked for me!!
Title: Re: fullbright brushes
Post by: twilightsparkl on May 28, 2013, 12:48:33 AM
set value 300 it worked for me!!

Okay but that will emit a bit of light but I'll try it.
Title: Re: fullbright brushes
Post by: BASEBALLDUDE on May 28, 2013, 07:34:19 PM
Set the value to 10 or 20, or else here's another idea. Make a func_train entity and make it bright, and locate it somewhere else on the map and have a path_corner that it will go to in the game. Remember to always have something solid behind an entity wall to avoid leaks.
Title: Re: fullbright brushes
Post by: twilightsparkl on May 28, 2013, 10:30:04 PM
Set the value to 10 or 20, or else here's another idea. Make a func_train entity and make it bright, and locate it somewhere else on the map and have a path_corner that it will go to in the game. Remember to always have something solid behind an entity wall to avoid leaks.

How much lag would that cause? That's actually a brilliant idea.
Title: Re: fullbright brushes
Post by: Rockyar_96 on May 29, 2013, 09:38:30 AM
not that efficent and not worth the effort IMO