Digital Paint Discussion Board
Development => Mapping => Topic started by: Tini on September 04, 2013, 05:53:10 PM
-
So essentially i'm very new to mapping, read the forums saw similar problems, but none with the right solution.
I am unable to test my map in the inprogress mode due to this error ' Error: couldn't find spawn for: tiNi, team Red. Jailed: no. mode: team
Error: game error: couldn't find spawn point
I set my entities to : info_player_deathmatch "classname" - "worldspawn"
help??
-
Tried it and I spawned fine. Maybe try setting a teamnumber? Cant remember how numbers relate to colours, but put 'teamnumber' and '2' in the entities for the spawn and see if it helps you. You might be having the wonderful inprogress file problem though, although in that case it normally says it can't find the file.
-
If you have an entity that has "classname" "info_player_deathmatch", you shouldn't get that message. Otherwise, make sure that the mapfile you're editing is in the correct folder. (It should be in bsp->pball2->quake2->pball->mapfiles)
-
Cameron you spawned fine on the map? What was the method step by step for you to have done that properlly.
And also i put it in the map files but no success
-
I had trouble at first because it wasnt in mapfiles, but I put it there, opened bsp and exported using qbsp (option 8 ) and it loaded. Check two things for me:
Is pb installed in c:\games?
In pball\maps in paintball2 folder, is inprogress a file or folder?
-
check the game mode set in your start new game menu too
-
What you should check is whether you have qbsp, qvis, and arghrad. Normally these come with BSP and can be found in bsp->pball2->quake2->util. If you don't have these programs, especially qbsp, you have a problem that needs to be fixed.
-
Are you running the map in a game mode that you don't have spawners for?