Digital Paint Discussion Board
Development => Mapping => Topic started by: Bitius on October 14, 2013, 05:10:47 AM
-
It's so annoying to find the maps.Can some make a sticky topic and include the map index link?
-
Yes, it's called "map downloads and database: find maps, with thumbnails" and it's a sticky topic in the mapping sub forum.
-
http://dpresource.com
-
i don't mean that site. it's the OTB map index
-
This uses the map collection from OTB's FTP database and I am not maintaining the list/downloads of maps.
If you want your map included, get it onto OTB's FTP site and it will appear in the browser within an hour or two.
The screenshots are map thumbnails from the FTP site, made by me and pif years ago. Thumbnails are extracted from the .zips to my server and they are not updated automatically.{/quote]
-
I think I found the right link: ftp://otb-server.de/pub/Maps/
-
I think I found the right link: ftp://otb-server.de/pub/Maps/
Both have the same effect
-
Why doesn't DP have a map index on their site? Or at least links to the existing ones?
-
Yeah it's pretty inconvenient. When Jitspoe is finished with the million other things he has to do for this game, he should focus on updating certain parts of the site. I think FAQ's, map downloads, and screenshots need to be updated.
-
Why doesn't DP have a map index on their site? Or at least links to the existing ones?
There is one. Scroll down on the downloads page.
-
This has been said many many times: WE NEED WIKI. Then we can make all stuff like FAQ, screenshots, guides and so on and so on.
Is this really so hard Jitspoe to put a freaking wiki up?
-
Change the link on the downloads page to the OTB page; it's got more maps.
-
Change the link on the downloads page to the OTB page; it's got more maps.
I only want to have complete maps linked on the site. OTB has more maps, but a lot of them are junk/incomplete/not fully compiled maps.
-
But you've also got a lot of good maps left out, pbcup_2fort5 for example.
-
But you've also got a lot of good maps left out, pbcup_2fort5 for example.
Sadly, that map isn't what I would consider finished. It didn't go through the proper beta testing phase. There are misaligned textures all over. It has issues with reflective water because there are too many warp surfaces visible. The sky is way too low. You can see through parts of the map due to the sky. Etc.