Digital Paint Discussion Board
Paintball 2: The Game => Server Discussion => Topic started by: JMR on October 14, 2013, 01:26:02 PM
-
Hey, I am hosting a new 24/7 server: Italian Village. Italian village is a new deathmatch map where players control certain areas of the village and try to do as well as possible. With 40 spawns that are spread out, you can't really spawncamp, but with many players, you are going to have to react fast.
I have future plans for the server, including making it a KOTH map too.
IP: 212.13.200.94:27910
Location: London
Any suggestions etc. can be posted here.
-
I hopped on to check it out. The connection seemed good, but nobody else was on.
You should make a thread for feedback on the map specifically.
-
I hopped on to check it out. The connection seemed good, but nobody else was on.
Post when and probably I could join.
Right now i joined and few other ppl too, but well, i had 15-2 stats, they left...
-
Were 8 on at one point yesterday and they stayed for a good 40 minutes. Problem is, the server is not "known" properly yet, so there aren't many "regulars".
-
Well, I think it's because map isn't really super-cool :P . I mean, it's not bad, I kinda enjoy it, but dm was always most boring mode, and this map is mostly about camping or killing from behind :P .
-
Well, I think it's because map isn't really super-cool :P . I mean, it's not bad, I kinda enjoy it, but dm was always most boring mode, and this map is mostly about camping or killing from behind :P .
Yeah, newbies really like it though. Just gives them something fresh, other than italy.
I find it pretty fun playing it and you can't really win by camping, sure you can camp, but you won't get enough points, compared to someone who is running around all the time :)
-
Made a KOTH version :) added.
-
Did I hear KOTH? That's it I'm coming on right now.
-
Did I hear KOTH? That's it I'm coming on right now
No you read koth! Funny.
Btw mice map!
-
As Matze said, nice map!
Btw mice map!
Oh wait... ;D
I like the server and the map. I played it today and it was fun killing newbs just like in Italy. Good job!
-
Had people on my server made advert/spam for this server, preety annoying
-
Had people on my server made advert/spam for this server, preety annoying
Sorry about that
-
It wan't very popular yet, but I tried to make it popular by staying in the server for an hour, but newbs come and leave after a minute
-
Just some feedback on the map (going from memory, since I haven't looked at it recently): I found the wood plank sidewalks very out of place. I've never seen anything like that in Italy (perhaps it's that way somewhere, but it looks weird to me). If you do an image search for something like Italy street, you'll see a lot of interesting combinations of stone, cobblestone, cement and/or asphalt.
Examples:
http://s3.amazonaws.com/picable/2009/05/14/955875_Street-life--traditional-street-in-Rome-Italy_620.jpg
http://www.travelandescape.ca/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/Street-scene-in-Italy.jpg
https://imagery49.files.wordpress.com/2012/05/italian-street.jpg
I'd try to go for something more like that.
The glass on one building looked ridiculously thick (makes you wonder how it could break :)).
The red wood texture on the little stands needed to be rotated.
-
I told him the glass was hella thick and he got pissed at me.
-
Yeah, this map has some low standards of reliance to real life. But it looks nice (according to most) and the gameplay really suits the target audience.
As for the glass, I understand how thick it is, but it doesn't look BAD, just unrealistic. I accept this and if I ever do modify village, I will fix the glass up :)
Thanks for the feedback :)
[EDIT] Being as my server is getting a lot of attention to newbies. I suppose I should try and make the game a good impression on them. So I may update the bsp file with improvements based on your feedback:) Thanks
-
Tone it down on the nades. Why are they spammed throughout the map? At least half the nades on the map.
-
Tone it down on the nades. Why are they spammed throughout the map? At least half the nades on the map.
I was doing an experiment on how much the server could handle, I forgot to lower them haha! All fixed: )