Digital Paint Discussion Board

Paintball 2: The Game => Server Discussion => Topic started by: LaZeRs on November 01, 2013, 12:54:35 PM

Title: My Server Tutorials!
Post by: LaZeRs on November 01, 2013, 12:54:35 PM
I think I'm experienced enough at server-making to create these.

I was thinking about it last night that I should create a server tutorial to help others create servers. You forums people with accounts probably know how to do this already, but if not, then this is for you.
Here are the official videos:

>> Basic Server Tutorial <<
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NKgrvCo2-Ts

>> More Detailed Server Tutorial <<
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UVP6r0fH_Hc

If you would like to port-forward a server, click here (http://dplogin.com/forums/index.php?topic=17726.0)! (Thanks Rick)

Helpful suggestions would be nice, because I'm not the best at doing this.

Oh, and if you want to make 2 or more servers, do it
Quote from: MatzeMR
by creating a second config and write exec (name of config) in the properties of the server.

Enjoy!
Title: Re: My Server Tutorials!
Post by: JMR on November 01, 2013, 02:45:14 PM
A lot of new players struggle with port forwarding, you should explain how to do this in the tutorial.

Btw, if you want to set up more than one server, you need to also use a different port, you can do this by adding "+set port 99999" on the target.
Title: Re: My Server Tutorials!
Post by: LaZeRs on November 01, 2013, 02:52:11 PM
A lot of new players struggle with port forwarding, you should explain how to do this in the tutorial.
Well, I said [in the shorter video] to check the DP forums for more information. (Specifically for what you're talking about, this (http://dplogin.com/forums/index.php?topic=17726.0))

I wasn't doing port forwarding in my video, but I guess I could try that in the next one.
Title: Re: My Server Tutorials!
Post by: FusSioN on November 02, 2013, 04:55:30 AM
My problem is internet. It will take time to acknowledge my connection. I need portforwarding.
Title: Re: My Server Tutorials!
Post by: Rick on November 02, 2013, 06:09:42 AM
I think I'm experienced enough at server-making to create these.

I was thinking about it last night that I should create a server tutorial to help others create servers. You forums people with accounts probably know how to do this already, but if not, then this is for you.
Here are the official videos:

>> Basic Server Tutorial <<
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NKgrvCo2-Ts

>> More Detailed Server Tutorial <<
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UVP6r0fH_Hc

Helpful suggestions would be nice, because I'm not the best at doing this.

Oh, and if you want to make 2 or more servers, do it
Enjoy!

Nice videos! Maybe just give a link to the portforwarding guide in your first post :)