Digital Paint Discussion Board

Development => Mapping => Topic started by: jitspoe on December 04, 2013, 01:36:52 AM

Title: QBSP3 Fix for Small Brushes
Post by: jitspoe on December 04, 2013, 01:36:52 AM
I finally tracked down what was causing the issue with small brushes getting mangled in qbsp3, so here's a fixed version, based on Geoffrey DeWan's qbsp3.  Brushes with a volume less than 1 were getting discarded.  I also tweaked some epsilons to fix other issues, like polygons having more sides than they needed.

Put it in your bsp\pball2\quake2\util directory.

This should help a lot for people doing small details in their maps.
Title: Re: QBSP3 Fix for Small Brushes
Post by: Ace on December 04, 2013, 01:46:35 AM
Weird, I was just figuring out an alternative to sub-1 brushes on some details for the mapping contest map. This is great!
Title: Re: QBSP3 Fix for Small Brushes
Post by: jitspoe on February 20, 2014, 01:37:05 AM
I've fixed some issues with r1 and added a little bit of debug output for close vertexes.  If you see something like:

Code: [Select]
Min vertex diff 0.0555317 at (328, 988, 56).
You might want to check that area out.  Sometimes it's due to weird splits with qbsp, but a lot of the time, it's due to brushes that are very slightly misaligned, which will result in potentially visible gaps in the polygons.