Digital Paint Discussion Board
Paintball 2: The Game => Paintball 2 Discussion => Topic started by: loial21 on July 21, 2006, 03:53:01 AM
-
We have a demo and several other pics of odd behavior. Please help. Cheat, Bug or other?
-
i bet haze cheats.
-
These are very old kicks that are based on ineffective zbot detection or something similar. Type the proper command in console and get a kick.
-
So does that mean he was trying to cheat or what
-
We have a demo and several other pics of odd behavior. Please help. Cheat, Bug or other?
Ohmagawsh! I was personally referenced in a post! I'm so -- oh wait, snap.
And yeah, like someone said, probably some old Q2 detections. My jump server had tons of Quake2 anti cheating tools on it, and they were notoriously flaky. (As in, name changed? CHEATER. paintball2 skins? CHEATER. typing 'dropgun' in console? AUTOBAN THAT CHEATER!)
S'yeah, most likely that.
-
Y2J should now show the log he was talking about in that server. Y2J said that haze was looking for modified models last nite, and then gets kicked for cheat/abuse. Intereshting anyway.
-
Post removed
-
Hmm Jitspoe, what say you. Should this be taken out or something. At best its annoying. Any way to find out if he was cheating?
-
I think that's the old cheat detection for blending (what's used for smoke grenades) being disabled. Mildly ironic, with his name being H@zE and all. Was that on a GT server?
The standalone client doesn't even allow you to change that setting, so I don't know why he would be getting kicked. Either he was up to something or, as bain suggested, typing a certain command at the console that triggered the kick.
-
GT server, would our logs help you discover anything. I find it at least devious that someone could trigger that by typing in a CMD.
-Thanks
-
Haze has always been a suspect in hacking. A lot of people think he does.
-
Thanks sk8ter.
I will be discussing punishment (if needed) with Derrek tonight after we watch the demo and make sure those two old GT members are banned.
Jits your help / 2 cents with any possible punishment would be nice and welcomed.
Again we are trying to work with the community on making GT servers cheater free as much as we can.
-
h@ze was always suspect to wallhacks i figure this is something hes up to not a CMD or the old cheat detection thing
-
Ya I have logs of him asking in #team_er33t for any type of hacks, remember models being mentioned specificly. No one said anything about sending him any, but maybe he got a hold of some from someone else...
If someone wants the log send me a message on IRC and i'll DCC them , I am rarely around here.
-
Post removed
-
I question the this to Haze.
"Haze everytime you were kicked he spammed mm1 you said one word "OOO" This happend several more time.
-
I say, Y2J paste the logs. We need to get this kid off dp or something. Hes also a charecter on mirc. He was glined for harassment and threats, so.
-
for spamming atleast in my experiences a server only kicks you and gives you a 5 minute temp ban so thats not from spamming
-
That is correct spook. He was cheating or using a CMD to initiate kick. This is the first time we have seen this on GT. We are still waiting for Jitspoe opinion on any punshiment if needed. We are taking under extreme advisement any punishment and rules Jitspoe as set or feels should be. So hurry up and post Jitspoe.
-
I have already posted on the subject, but after taking a look at the code, it seems that kick is initiated by either having flashblend disabled (smoke grenade cheat for quake2) or using a particular command that used to be abused in the past (thus the "or abuse" part of the message). Perhaps he can clear his name by stating what he typed at the console before he got kicked.
-
I asked him this in obs the day after the offense in game. I have a demo of this conversation. He would not admit to using the CMD. I found it odd and wierd that right before he got kicked several times mm1 shows him having typed 'OOO' than bam he was kicked.
GT will wait a week and a day for him to respond. If he does not respond should we temp or perm ban him? Fair enough?
Jitspoe wrote
by stating what he typed at the console
Jitspoe, what medium would you like to convey this through, I doubt you would want that posted here. ;)
-
LOL, first of all, how come Y2merry has only 2 posts? and they both on here LOL, Y2J is mad cuz i own him, skater my son, u r banned from all gt servers for over a year, good job dood, P!NK is cool, p!nk, as long as i have a face, u have a place to sit
-
There you have it, folks.
-
Jitspoe, what medium would you like to convey this through, I doubt you would want that posted here. ;)
Ummm... something that when you type it in kicks you for cheating? I don't think that'll be a huge issue if we tell people...
EDIT: Ooh! Ohh! I think I know what it is!
EDIT2: Nope, but jits should check his PMs. Found something bad.
-
is that gonna result in a ban cuz he didnt admit to using a CMD?
-
Post removed
-
is that gonna result in a ban cuz he didnt admit to using a CMD?
Very good question.
I am just trying to be fair. Besides its not even my server nor do I have ops. I am just reporting it as promised and waiting for a clear decision from Jitspoe so that the GT leaders can vote on it. "There you have it" leads me to belive Jits gave him an chance to report what he did if anything. I dont see a CMD nor has jitspoe PMed me, that he gave this to Jitspoet on the DL. I say ban is in order but I will wait a while longer for Jitspoe to be more clear and offer a reasonable punishment.
-
LOL, first of all, how come Y2happy has only 2 posts? and they both on here LOL, Y2J is mad cuz i own him, skater my son, u r banned from all gt servers for over a year, good job dood, P!NK is cool, p!nk, as long as i have a face, u have a place to sit
bahahahaha
-
Post removed
-
I actually caught HazE on IRC earlier. As I'm sure you can imagine from his post, our conversation didn't go very far. This is what I managed to get out of him, though:
- He was typing chat messages directly to the console, and noted there were a few words he couldn't use, such as "id".
- He thought a GT member had kicked him and was upset at first.
- He couldn't remember what he typed at the time he got kicked.
- He claimed he wasn't cheating, and that he didn't even know how.
I'd say he probably just typed a command in unintentionally.
-
I'd say no. What is this command that auto-kicks you? How easy is it to type it in? If it's like, gl_omfg_make_you_win, it's not going to be something you can put in by mistake.
-
itd have to be something halfway complicated and not an everyday word to clear up what eii is saying
-
I actually caught HazE on IRC earlier. As I'm sure you can imagine from his post, our conversation didn't go very far. This is what I managed to get out of him, though:
- He was typing chat messages directly to the console, and noted there were a few words he couldn't use, such as "id".
- He thought a GT member had kicked him and was upset at first.
- He couldn't remember what he typed at the time he got kicked.
- He claimed he wasn't cheating, and that he didn't even know how.
I'd say he probably just typed a command in unintentionally.
you honestly think he did it on accident. Come on jitspoe.
-
If ya ain't gots no proof ya gots to let it go.
I do think he should have a temp ban on these forums for his inappropriate comment to !pink though.
My daughter read that and I had to answer all kinds of questions about seating arrangements and faces and stuff.
Now she's scarred for life and will never sit on face as long as she lives...we're arranging therapy as I speak...oh the humanity!
-
lmfoa s8n. wow.
-
I'd say he probably just typed a command in unintentionally.
Thanks for looking into this. Please consider this. It was serveral times not just once, what does that say for his intentions I will let you figure out. Please also consider what Eiii posted. Is there any way to track this? Also S8n's point is valid.
Short and to the point.
-
Name some of those commands jitspoe. Most of them require an underscore? I highly doubt he hit gl_ or something on accident. Lmfao, thats hilarious.
-
None of them require an underscore, and they're all short (2-4 letters).
-
I had a post previously but I must've lost it. I always hit preview and forget to post...
Anyway, someone probably told him type in a command, or he was console chatting. Banning him would be like banning every user that fell for the ALT FAXMACHINE or /join #2,000 trick.
-
whats alt faxmachine? and /join #2,000 never did anything to my irc. what is it supposed to do?
-
In mIRC (back when I used it anyway) '/join 0' would part all your channels. /join #2,000 tries to join #2 & 000, causing it to part all your channels of course. ALT+FAXMACHINE is same as ALT+F+X which causing most applications to File->Exit.
-
I think this has been adjusted in the newer versions of mirc, but /join 0 would part all channels. Since the join command takes a comma separated list, it would join #2, then part all channels. As for alt+faxmachine, you have to hold down the alt key and type in "faxmachine". Just "fax" is sufficient, actually. ALT + File Exit.
Edit: beaten by the bain.
-
None of them require an underscore, and they're all short (2-4 letters).
Jitspoe,
Do you see this becoming a problem? Can or will you fix this?
same as ALT+F+X which causing most applications to File->Exit.
Curious, is the result the same as alt+f4?
FYI this was posted not even 2 min ago and never showed up, oh well reposting
-
Alt-F4 is a keyboard shortcut. Alt-f-x is keyboard navigation.
-
coooooool
-
i remember that day prefectly. i was cursing in pub and when i got kicked it said that i got kicked for "using bad language or cheating." yes "bad language or foul language maybe" and "or cheating" was what i read as my kick message on the console. i dont remember what i said. i dont cheat and never did, but know er33t did and got away with it since before i started playing. how come they didnt get caught lmao. too late now.
-
i don't want to be that guy who posts on an old thread but, look at GWB he cheated, admitted to cheating, played with the CC guys, im sure he talked to the guys from ereet back in the day, he distributed his cheats to me, and a few others, we got banned and nothing was done.
all that aside, preaching to the quire isn't going to do jackfeces, are you currently banned haze? or just bored, if you're not banned then come play DP again. We have been starting to play at night again.
Edit: actually i think it was pinned on Br55, but it was GWB.
-
hah no im not banned i dunno when i can play.
-
when ever you're on the forums seems like time you could be spending playing
-
i'll play soon xoxo ;)
-
i'll play soon xoxo ;)
oi this kid, hows exams?
-
i'll play soon xoxo ;)
sheep
-
oi this kid, hows exams?
Yeah not bad Cameron got 2 left PE and Media, what about you?
zimt :D you play anymore?
-
Yeah not bad Cameron got 2 left PE and Media, what about you?
zimt :D you play anymore?
not toobs, spesh was cake, although the second one was a little hard. heard everyone got raped by methods though so i'm happy lol. got chem phys el and geog left, annoying they're all packed into one week, but i only started on thursday, so i'm not complaining :P
-
Yeah not bad Cameron got 2 left PE and Media, what about you?
zimt :D you play anymore?
sometimes sheppy but it`s not the same anymore.. ;)
-
it never will be!
-
i would like a list of these "kick" commands to fool around with pls
-
i would like a list of these "kick" commands to fool around with pls
Just hang out on IRC or get RSS on forumz. Our community is best in trolling.
-
Just hang out on IRC or get RSS on forumz. Our community is best in trolling.
you're sadly mistaken. have you played league of legends? they're the worst trolls.