Digital Paint Discussion Board
Paintball 2: The Game => Paintball 2 Discussion => Topic started by: toM|vendettA on August 19, 2006, 03:51:29 PM
-
I am writing this thread to show the good and bad points of the upcoming Global Login system (GLS), and also to layout what should be done for it to be functional. Just try and stay with me, I will try and layout everything as best I can.
The GLS will have a positive impact on the community, if It is done properly. I realize that you are doing this single handedly jitspoe, and some of the other players I am extremely grateful for all hard work that you put into this game. In order for the GLS to have a positive impact, it should give us the following capabilities:
1) We should be allowed to create up to 2 or 3 accounts per computer. My younger sister plays dp, and if stats are to be integrated I most certainly dont want her playing on my name :)
2) Name changing should stay the same. You should be allowed to customize/change your name as many times you see fit. I think this is one of the main concerns that skater has, because he likes to play under different names. I'll use skater as an example, when skater goes to sign up he should use the account name "skater". After he logs in however he should be given the ability to change it to whatever he wants.
3) The GLS will help us with identitys, which is one reason that I really like the GLS. The /players and the /names commands should be changed to output in this format:
Player Id | Op Lvl | Name | Account Name/Number
The main reason that this should be implemented is double clanning/impersonating during clan matches. One example of where this would have come in handy is during a recent match between tR and the now defunk iX, some of my teamates SWORE that [insane] players played for iX. We will never know, but with the GLS we would have the added comfort.
With all that being said, what possibily can you complain about? You have the ability to play under different names, yet you also have the ability to know who you are actually playing against. If you want to use a secret name under pubs, than maybe their can be a setting so that if matchmode is set to 1, than thats the only time that the account name is showed in the /names.
-
.... good idea
-
maybe wont it cause alot of lag???
-
That suggestion about matchmode 1 showing the "real"-nick pleases me. Nice idea.
-
Post removed
-
3) The GLS will help us with identitys, which is one reason that I really like the GLS. The /players and the /names commands should be changed to output in this format:
Player Id | Op Lvl | Name | Account Name/Number
The main reason that this should be implemented is double clanning/impersonating during clan matches.
Thats a good idea, it would also stop players also taking the name of their opponents in a match and joining their team.
-
Nice attempt to flame their lekky, poor exexcution however. It would not stop players from taking the name of their opponents, rather it would help identify them. You fail.
-
Tommy I am impressed at the leadership you are taking. About time you used your skills at something productive.
because he likes to play under different names.
Not to point out sk8ter but others have been known to act up on servers. I can respect but don't condone the fact that some players want to play with out being known to others. Unless someone can up with one FREAKING single, logical answer to what are the benefits of doing this are. How can you justify it? Well its simple, no one can.
As we all know most public or match servers that are worth anything are paid for. Right? With that said there are a limited amount of resources available to get the IP of offending players. Unless you are an admin who has time to log ip's and match names to those ip's then have to work from there.
This system according to Jitspoe will ease some of the burden of going through such extremes.
Before anyone attempts to post something close to this... "Who cares what the admins have to go through to make this a better game. I will do what I want" Think on this.
This could help weed out players that act with impunity on paid for servers and others. Which btw is where each and every one of you enjoy matching or playing on. So please dont be so coy to say that you dont care. Because we all know when something goes wrong, the flames will roar.
Nice post Tommy.
-
Nice attempt to flame their lekky, poor exexcution however. It would not stop players from taking the name of their opponents, rather it would help identify them. You fail.
it wasn't an attempt at a "flame", i just find it funny that one of the reasons you like GLS is to help with identities, when in fact you are an "identity" cheat.
-
If you are referring to when I played for iJ, I did not "identity cheat", I HELPED them, and the only reason i used one of their names was because I didn't want my clan to know I was helping them :D :D
-
Tommy that is exactly the kind of behavior that will get you "busted, disgusted and never to be trusted" -(fleetwood mac)
Why even bother? Really? Do you not have anything better to do than that? If not pm me I have some ideas to keep you from hurting your self and others (your clanmates), with selfish acts of impunity.
*fustrated at you but far from mad
Why is it always one step forward and two steps back? Remember you are a 'paintball wizard'. Not an uber leet geek.
-
This was like 3 months ago.
-
Paintball wizard combat. Watch out.
-
I sense jealousy, lun.
-
Loial, I act up on servers? I havent played pub DP in over a couple months..
-
Skater ok.
-
Loial your reply was sarcastic, as if you don't believe him. Whats not believable about that? I rarely ever play pubs and if I do its only to find a match or to jump around for topspeed.
-
Tommy there was no sarcasim in my post. Here is why.
As if I dont belive him?
What? Think about this please with an open mind. Loial has no easy way to verify that he has or has not been playing in public servers. Thus, my responce was one of neutrality not sarcasism. I simply said ok and let it drop.
But I can respect and do understand your logic in thinking about me distrusting someone who has done the following.
1. Has been caught cheating.
2. Temp-Banned from IRC.
3. Temp Banned from forums.
Skater above is not an attempt to defame you. But rather an attempt to help validate Tom's deep concern about me being sarcastic. Since he seems unwilling to.
This was writen with anti-flame software.
-
LOL the reason I am banned is NOT for cheating, loial. Get your facts straight man. I am Not temp banned from irc. I am not temp banned from forums. woOOo, nice.
I do not play pub, we match daily. I get plenty of play, sorry Im in a clan that participates in matches instead of idling on vent talking about how you play dp rather than pay attention to your kids.
-
The subject at hand was "acting up", not cheating. Perhaps that's why you're against global logins? So you can cause trouble anonymously and not have to suffer the consequences?
-
Uh yea jitspoe. I don't play pub for the fourth time. I play matches, where do you expect me to pub? memi servers? No thanks.
-
LOL the reason I am banned is NOT for cheating, loial. Get your facts straight man. I am Not temp banned from irc. I am not temp banned from forums. woOOo, nice.
What?
1. You have been caught cheating. I did not ask why you were banned from GT server. I was trying to avoid that.
2. You have been banned from forums. Must I pull those dates. Noticed I said dates. Not date.
3. You have been banned from etg. Again please dont make me find you asking forum players to help you get back in.
Whats wrong with you man? I am not hating on you. Those are three facts.
Just be a good sk8ter and let Jitspoe make a point.
Why do you use one forum account. Mostly?
OH and yes.. this also...."MOOOO!"
-
Loial why do you always single me out in posts? Shut the intercourse up for once, god. I dont care what your stupid ass point is, it was over a year ago.
-
I don't get why people feel they have to be able to play with a thousand different names.
-
seeing how you never play eiii why does it matter? and he usually only uses one name,
-
OH MY GOD SOMEONE KIDNAPPED BOOMER MID-POST!!
Also, because.