Digital Paint Discussion Board

Fairness Enforcement => Cheater Reports and Bans => Topic started by: jitspoe on November 06, 2006, 06:28:46 PM

Title: Haro
Post by: jitspoe on November 06, 2006, 06:28:46 PM
Name used: Haro
IP: 68.79.95.243, 68.79.120.102, 66.72.148.138
Reverse DNS: adsl-68-79-95-243.dsl.sfldmi.ameritech.net
Dates: 2006-11-01 15:12:47 EST - 2006-11-05 16:23:01 EST
Servers: 69.93.11.66:27912|GRaFFiTi PainT ={CLaSSiC 2}=, 69.72.221.162:27930|-ch1ll- US-East Match 1 - www.ch1ll.com, 69.93.11.66:27910|GRaFFiTi PainT ={CLaSSiC 1}=
Cheat detected: Zaltekk's ZGH

I think now is a good time to say this: Don't even install cheats, especially not in your primary paintball2 directory.  I won't ban you simply for having them installed, but the detection is crude and limited, so I'm not responsible if you get detected even if you never used it online.
Title: Re: Haro
Post by: Bix on November 07, 2006, 12:44:31 AM
So using them for demos would be 'hacking'
Title: Re: Haro
Post by: jitspoe on November 07, 2006, 02:09:29 AM
No, if you use them for demos and then get picked up by the cheat detection, I'm not going to cut you any slack.
Title: Re: Haro
Post by: KnacK on November 07, 2006, 08:45:46 AM
Thank you
Title: Re: Haro
Post by: Bix on November 07, 2006, 08:32:40 PM
So, if they were used to watch a demo, why would it be picked up?
Title: Re: Haro
Post by: SkateR on November 07, 2006, 09:02:09 PM
he is saying, if you installed the cheat, watched a demo, disabled the cheat, played on a server and are caught youll be banned
Title: Re: Haro
Post by: JiGSaW on November 07, 2006, 09:32:49 PM
What he's saying is.  Once you install ZGH on your comp, no matter if you've used it or not, his detector will detect it.
Title: Re: Haro
Post by: Lunatic on November 08, 2006, 01:15:42 AM
In other words, don't install a cheat for demos unless you know what the intercourse you're doing.
Title: Re: Haro
Post by: Bix on November 08, 2006, 01:20:36 AM
Lunatic always clears things up. I just dont see why installing a cheat would lead to ban..?
Title: Re: Haro
Post by: Lunatic on November 08, 2006, 04:02:13 AM
I hope you aren't serious..
Title: Re: Haro
Post by: Smokey on November 09, 2006, 01:01:48 PM
Lunatic always clears things up. I just dont see why installing a cheat would lead to ban..?
him and darkness have modded everything, he NEEDS to worry.
Title: Re: Haro
Post by: SkateR on November 09, 2006, 02:45:13 PM
If you're going to use a wallhack to review demos, make a copy of your paintball folder and install the hack on that folder, and don't use it to play.