Digital Paint Discussion Board

Paintball 2: The Game => Paintball 2 Discussion => Topic started by: ViciouZ on November 08, 2006, 12:15:08 PM

Title: DPBall On World Service
Post by: ViciouZ on November 08, 2006, 12:15:08 PM
Recently I have been listening to BBC World Service for the sole reason I have no PC or TV in my room and nothing better to do. Every week they have a program called Digital World. Recently they have been covering online games, and have been asking people which games they like, and more importantly, about free games and the modification scene. Now I was wondering: Seeing as the community of this game is currently looking like a warzone of hackers, (very) few clans, and some rather "grammar ignorant" players, maybe we should introduce some fresh blood. This program, and also the station it is broadcast on, is generally not heard by people like (no offense) hellfire and vinne. Generally, the type of people who respond to the program are educated, coherent people. This would expand the community, with people from all over the world (it is a global service) who can speak English.

Now, please don't think I hate people like vinne or hellfire, but I think that the community could do with some more polite English speakers.

Phew.
Title: _
Post by: P!nk on November 08, 2006, 12:32:12 PM
Post removed
Title: Re: DPBall On World Service
Post by: coLa on November 08, 2006, 02:23:57 PM
Go FoR iT!!11!
Title: Re: DPBall On World Service
Post by: PiCaSSo on November 08, 2006, 02:32:46 PM
I think it is an excellent idea ViCiOUS.  Hopefully they'll be interested and the PR certainly wouldn't hurt

Will you be contacting Digital World of BBC World Service to introduce or present this game or did you have someone else in mind?
Title: Re: DPBall On World Service
Post by: postmortem on November 08, 2006, 04:09:59 PM
I'm always down for having more clans out there that [CC] can beat up on, so try and get in touch.
Title: Re: DPBall On World Service
Post by: Spook on November 08, 2006, 04:31:24 PM
foreal =]
Title: Re: DPBall On World Service
Post by: Zorchenhimer on November 08, 2006, 04:33:22 PM
sounds like a great idea
Title: Re: DPBall On World Service
Post by: m7feettall on November 08, 2006, 04:37:50 PM
I dont' see how it could hurt. Though I am not sure that the goal should be to avoid certain types, but simply to get the word out.

As to clans we have a bit of a systemic problem at this point.

There are few good clans who match, are organized etc.

The usual way to get started in clans is to join a good clan and get some experience.

If there are few good clans with few spots, filled by the top players in many cases, there is no real room for clan growth.  There is no avenue for experience, and any existing clans will simply destroy newer ones.

Title: Re: DPBall On World Service
Post by: ViciouZ on November 09, 2006, 01:07:55 PM
@PiCaSSo: I sent an e-mail to their "comments, feedback and ideas" section.

@m7feettall: When I said that about hellfire and vinne, It seems to have come across rather strongly. I didn't mean ignore them, I just meant don't let them fill the community.
Title: Re: DPBall On World Service
Post by: lekky on November 09, 2006, 01:21:54 PM
true, thats why i'm so proud of QeHs/rP :)
Title: Re: DPBall On World Service
Post by: Killswitch on February 21, 2007, 03:08:31 PM
well? any responses out of it?
Title: Re: DPBall On World Service
Post by: BLONDIE on February 22, 2007, 10:19:23 AM
I think it's a fantastic idea
Title: Re: DPBall On World Service
Post by: ViciouZ on February 22, 2007, 11:37:52 AM
The series has been offline for ages, it coming back on soon, but i'm not good at wrtiting letters and such, so if someone could do it for me? Honestly, I end up making blunt statements that are really annoying. Like this one.