Digital Paint Discussion Board

Digital Paint Community => Other Stuff => Topic started by: SkateR on April 07, 2007, 04:28:16 AM

Title: Desktop -- Version 2.84823023022843843
Post by: SkateR on April 07, 2007, 04:28:16 AM
Mine ^_______^

(http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k277/ShaneDroz454/desktopkeke.jpg?t=1175934966)
Title: Re: Desktop -- Version 2.84823023022843843
Post by: JiGSaW on April 07, 2007, 11:50:54 AM
I think I have mine off my alienware actually.  Shane did you dl a theme?  lmao.

How do I put a pic up on here?  Just use (http://) tags?  When I do that it won't show up.
Title: Re: Desktop -- Version 2.84823023022843843
Post by: Matze on April 07, 2007, 12:05:38 PM
I think I have mine off my alienware actually.  Shane did you dl a theme?  lmao.

How do I put a pic up on here?  Just use (http://) tags?  When I do that it won't show up.
Just [*img]DIRECTurl[*/img]
Title: Re: Desktop -- Version 2.84823023022843843
Post by: JiGSaW on April 07, 2007, 12:10:45 PM
K, this is off my old computer (actual alienware) that fried.  :[


(http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/9431/desktopyayojs2.jpg)


K got it.
Title: Re: Desktop -- Version 2.84823023022843843
Post by: Matze on April 07, 2007, 12:11:27 PM
Don't use the "*" s. They were just htere so the tag shows up :X

edit: hrm.

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c278/cockerkid63/Owendesktopheh.jpg
Page not found. Maybe that's why.
Title: Re: Desktop -- Version 2.84823023022843843
Post by: Smokey on April 07, 2007, 08:56:03 PM
(http://smokey.zilla-clan.net/Screenshot-67.png)


God I need to figure out how to make the top and bottom bars transparent.
Title: Re: Desktop -- Version 2.84823023022843843
Post by: Eiii on April 07, 2007, 09:19:33 PM
I use multiple desktops, my other one is another screenshot from Elephant's Dream.
Title: Re: Desktop -- Version 2.84823023022843843
Post by: MosheD on April 08, 2007, 04:19:47 AM
http://img294.imageshack.us/img294/20/desktopul9.jpg // old one

UPDATE: After visiting http://www.wincustomize.com/ today, i'm using a new skin:

http://img186.imageshack.us/img186/7449/desktopte7.jpg
(http://img186.imageshack.us/img186/7449/desktopte7.jpg)

Title: Re: Desktop -- Version 2.84823023022843843
Post by: bitmate on April 08, 2007, 08:08:03 AM
(http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/805/desktopau0.jpg)
Title: Re: Desktop -- Version 2.84823023022843843
Post by: Eiii on April 08, 2007, 08:14:22 AM
Oh man, I love German.
Netzwerkumgebung? Amazing.
Title: Re: Desktop -- Version 2.84823023022843843
Post by: Fyre on April 08, 2007, 11:17:51 PM
Mine is so awesome. Completely customized, as you can tell.

(http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d37/papstar/desktopz.png)
Title: Re: Desktop -- Version 2.84823023022843843
Post by: Zorchenhimer on April 09, 2007, 12:45:15 AM
Mine:
Title: Re: Desktop -- Version 2.84823023022843843
Post by: Eiii on April 09, 2007, 01:13:19 AM
I just can't stand clean desktops. They just seem like such a waste of space. :-\
Title: Re: Desktop -- Version 2.84823023022843843
Post by: Zorchenhimer on April 09, 2007, 10:35:45 AM
But you see, I can still get to everything with out touching the start button. I have auto-hide toolbars on 3 sides of the screen. The top one is the one with the most stuff on it. It had a lot more stuff on it before my computer crashed. Stupid Vista.
Title: Re: Desktop -- Version 2.84823023022843843
Post by: Eiii on April 09, 2007, 07:02:13 PM
But the icons are so SMALL!
Title: Re: Desktop -- Version 2.84823023022843843
Post by: Zorchenhimer on April 09, 2007, 08:39:42 PM
That way I can fit more stuff up there. :P
Title: Re: Desktop -- Version 2.84823023022843843
Post by: Eiii on April 09, 2007, 08:45:01 PM
More stuff can fit on the desktop, even with bigger icons. :P
Title: Re: Desktop -- Version 2.84823023022843843
Post by: Zorchenhimer on April 09, 2007, 09:24:14 PM
But I don't want it there. :)
Title: Re: Desktop -- Version 2.84823023022843843
Post by: {appy Hamper on April 09, 2007, 09:59:40 PM
seriously.  I hate having stuff on my desktop.  I have 2 items on it, with everything else on tool bars.

check out the 3DNA website.
Title: Re: Desktop -- Version 2.84823023022843843
Post by: TinMan on April 09, 2007, 10:14:19 PM
So far Smokey owns all of you, I'll post one later. I just got my desktop back up and running, had a fire caused by the firewire cable (IRONY), fried my motherboard and had to get a new one.
Title: Re: Desktop -- Version 2.84823023022843843
Post by: SkateR on April 10, 2007, 03:47:04 AM
YeA LiNux iS So KEwLl1!!!!!!
Title: Re: Desktop -- Version 2.84823023022843843
Post by: DeathDealer91 on April 10, 2007, 10:55:13 AM
everyone is using those alienware GUIS i was using them but they have alot of very small bugs but you get used to them.
Title: Re: Desktop -- Version 2.84823023022843843
Post by: Zorchenhimer on April 10, 2007, 11:35:12 AM
I just have the background, not the whole thing.
Title: Re: Desktop -- Version 2.84823023022843843
Post by: jitspoe on April 10, 2007, 05:09:31 PM
I just can't stand clean desktops. They just seem like such a waste of space. :-\
I never see my desktop, so it doesn't really matter.

Start|Run (or launchy) is faster than trying to find crap on the desktop.
Title: Re: Desktop -- Version 2.84823023022843843
Post by: TinMan on April 10, 2007, 06:27:18 PM
mm...launchy + bb4win = ftw.

So here's a pic of me spinning the cube since that's what I do when I'm bored.
Each of my workspaces I use for a different task and such...blah blah blah

(http://img366.imageshack.us/img366/2029/screenshot1gq5.png) (http://img366.imageshack.us/img366/2029/screenshot1gq5.png)
Title: Re: Desktop -- Version 2.84823023022843843
Post by: Eiii on April 10, 2007, 08:42:49 PM
I just can't stand clean desktops. They just seem like such a waste of space. :-\
I never see my desktop, so it doesn't really matter.

Start|Run (or launchy) is faster than trying to find crap on the desktop.

Pph, I keep my stuff organized.
Title: Re: Desktop -- Version 2.84823023022843843
Post by: Smokey on April 10, 2007, 08:58:15 PM
Mmmmmm...Beryl.
Title: Re: Desktop -- Version 2.84823023022843843
Post by: TinMan on April 10, 2007, 10:05:01 PM
Yeah, and Xfce is amazingly functional for how light it is, replaced Gnome with it now.
Title: Re: Desktop -- Version 2.84823023022843843
Post by: lekky on April 25, 2007, 08:02:51 PM
(http://img254.imageshack.us/img254/7708/desktopgp3.jpg)
Title: Re: Desktop -- Version 2.84823023022843843
Post by: Eiii on April 25, 2007, 08:18:05 PM
Okay, Lekky's is the best looking by far, to this point.
Title: Re: Desktop -- Version 2.84823023022843843
Post by: y00tz on April 25, 2007, 09:52:36 PM
Lekky what theme/skin is that?

Actually, I gotta ask this too.. the system info at the bottom, is that rendered by whatever widget engine you're using?
Title: Re: Desktop -- Version 2.84823023022843843
Post by: jitspoe on April 25, 2007, 10:29:59 PM
Okay, Lekky's is the best looking by far, to this point.
Minus the firefox icon, which looks kind of like a goofy dog.
Title: Re: Desktop -- Version 2.84823023022843843
Post by: Eiii on April 25, 2007, 10:36:07 PM
ASUS PC Probe II. :D

EDIT:
YOU look like a goofy dog.
Title: Re: Desktop -- Version 2.84823023022843843
Post by: XtremeBain on April 25, 2007, 10:40:16 PM
[ + ] for Morning Glory.
Title: Re: Desktop -- Version 2.84823023022843843
Post by: b00nlander on April 26, 2007, 05:14:28 AM
do you always forget what day it is or why do you have the date displayed 3 times on your desktop? 8)
Title: Re: Desktop -- Version 2.84823023022843843
Post by: TinMan on April 26, 2007, 07:12:24 AM
I remember when XP was beta under the codename Whistler, that was the only good XP theme. Someone made a better looking mockup called Opus: http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/9240396/

;D
Apparently lekky likes the same look I do. Those are some pretty BA widgets and such.
Title: Re: Desktop -- Version 2.84823023022843843
Post by: lekky on April 26, 2007, 09:57:59 AM
eii got it, came with my mobo. And the 3 dates haev a reason!, the horizontal month view lets me know how long until i get paid, the right vertical is for important dates and the big one is when is just a nice quick view (plus nothing else was gonig there so wth!)
Title: Re: Desktop -- Version 2.84823023022843843
Post by: JOE on April 26, 2007, 10:30:37 AM
lekky is that vista?
Title: Re: Desktop -- Version 2.84823023022843843
Post by: S8NSSON on April 26, 2007, 10:55:11 AM
It's obvious some of you don't play any modern games.
I run the absolute minimum processes I can in order to give every ounce of processing power and ram to my games.
Title: Re: Desktop -- Version 2.84823023022843843
Post by: Eiii on April 26, 2007, 10:58:28 AM
Uh, I play quite a few modern games. Frankly, my games have all the memory and processing power they need, they just end up slowing down if my graphics card gets too hot or I have the settings too high. :D
Title: Re: Desktop -- Version 2.84823023022843843
Post by: TinMan on April 26, 2007, 12:15:54 PM
Same here, some of us have leet boxes that can handle stuff.
*TinMan high5's eiii
Title: Re: Desktop -- Version 2.84823023022843843
Post by: lekky on April 26, 2007, 12:31:53 PM
Its XP Joe :P

the XP style i use takes no extra processing up than the default XP skin, or if it does its so slight it hardly matters. The widgets are tiny and barely use any memory or processing power.!!
Title: Re: Desktop -- Version 2.84823023022843843
Post by: JOE on April 26, 2007, 12:55:54 PM
so where can i get it :-)
Title: Re: Desktop -- Version 2.84823023022843843
Post by: y00tz on April 26, 2007, 01:13:22 PM
I don't think Vista can have skins, seeing as it is rendered much like all Windows prior to XP
Title: Re: Desktop -- Version 2.84823023022843843
Post by: S8NSSON on April 26, 2007, 01:42:18 PM
It's not about 1337 boxes.
No matter how powerful the machine, the extreme gamer will ALWAYS give as much of it as possible to the game.
If you are not giving every single available resource to your game, you are not getting the most out of your system, and therefore not gaining the best experience and greatest advantage over your opponent.

It's a simple gamer philosophy that has been around as long as resource controllable gaming has..
Title: Re: Desktop -- Version 2.84823023022843843
Post by: y00tz on April 26, 2007, 01:52:46 PM
I agree S8NSSON, btw congrats on 400 posts.

The reason I didn't post a copy of my desktop is because it's simple.  Windows XP MCE 2005, with no themes, just the old windows look.  No shadows or transparencies, despite the multi-core processor, multi-gigs of ram, and even multi-videocard.
Title: Re: Desktop -- Version 2.84823023022843843
Post by: lekky on April 26, 2007, 01:53:03 PM
You don't neeed to give it more than it can handle, thats a poor waste of resources, like taking all you money out of your account to buy a pack of gum...
Title: Re: Desktop -- Version 2.84823023022843843
Post by: TinMan on April 26, 2007, 01:55:00 PM
Honestly, I play every game that I play with full settings other than that the AA is only 8x, but I can't tell the difference on anything higher, and I usually have non-highest settings for shadows and blooms because it's easier for me to see that way. Other than those things, I run every game that I play with full settings and have no problems with them, so I might as well idle in IRC, be on aim, have music playing, and be downloading a file or two.
Title: Re: Desktop -- Version 2.84823023022843843
Post by: S8NSSON on April 26, 2007, 03:17:20 PM
lol
It's to each his own.
I have a fairly good proc, lots-o-ram, plenty-o-vid and run BF2 on lowest settings with minimal processes.
Just vent and BF2, as far as I can help it.
I want every single FPS I can squeeze out of it regardless if I can humanly notice it or not.
My whole BF2 team does it also.

k-sara k-sara
Title: Re: Desktop -- Version 2.84823023022843843
Post by: Eiii on April 26, 2007, 06:50:03 PM
It's not about 1337 boxes.
No matter how powerful the machine, the extreme gamer will ALWAYS give as much of it as possible to the game.
If you are not giving every single available resource to your game, you are not getting the most out of your system, and therefore not gaining the best experience and greatest advantage over your opponent.

The game doesn't eat up every bit of processing power it can if it doesn't need it. We give our games plenty, and have more to run some stuff in the background. Get over it. :P