Digital Paint Discussion Board
Paintball 2: The Game => Server Discussion => Topic started by: Ace on April 16, 2007, 09:51:55 PM
-
What do you guys think?
-
too many noob 5 sec respawn. Seige only is boring. Jump is a waste since there is names, and that other one. Long respawn with different sized maps gets my vote.
-
Just put a small little topic to show your vote too.
-
5 second respawn is just an excuse for noobs that can't play well to kill people lmao :)
-
i dont think any new servers are needed. all the germans play otb. the americans play gt or ev1.
-
-all those germans play otb. I play otb and i'm not german. I'm so proud ;D
-
Come on, we need a jump since Alonjar's closed !!! Jump maps are rare in other servers too !
-
Come on, we need a jump since Alonjar's closed !!! Jump maps are rare in other servers too !
Here ya go Soldier - have fun (http://q2jump.wireplay.co.uk/index.php)
-
Thankyou KnacK, but I have no idea what that is :) lol
-
Come on, we need a jump since Alonjar's closed !!! Jump maps are rare in other servers too !
Here ya go Soldier - have fun (http://q2jump.wireplay.co.uk/index.php)
Go take a look at it and download the mod.
-
HOLY COW YOU POST FAST KnacK, but I don't have time right now, mabey later
-
HOLY COW YOU POST FAST KnacK, but I don't have time right now, mabey later
Remote desktop connection to your pc makes it easy to see where you are......
-
This is a no brainer...
-
This is a no brainer...
There is a key word in there somewhere....
<3 j/k
-
you're a mean moderator :P but yeah, the voting is clear, put up the server.
-
Yes, I will admit, it does seem that high elim time is the favoured server type, and I agree with Spook, you're a mean mod Knack ! (*cowers* please hurt me, again... and again...... and again.....)
Also, when you put up your server, try to put in lots of different types of maps, but not any small ones, there's nothing more anoying then a server that has all the same type of maps on the rotation.
-
your a mean mod Knack ! (*cowers* please don't hurt me)
In an hour that'll say: "Knack you're a super mod!"
-
Calm down children no need for the hatred among (i'm guessing) friends
-
I will go with the last option. I hate those 5 seconds respawn matches as they do take a long time to finish and sometimes it's impossible, plus it gets crowded fast.
-
Yes, I don't LIKE the five second respawns though guys, but 15-20 (mabey 25) is good.
-
Yes, I don't LIKE the five second respawns though guys, but 15-20 (mabey 25) is good.
That's okay but I would say around 30 for a Pub. And definitely 60 for a match.
-
45-pub
60-match
-
KiLo and magalhaes are dead on.
-
KiLo and magalhaes are dead on.
What can I say we are smart people. ;D
-
60 all around, why play a pub and get used to lower elim times, then whine about it in a match server? Just keep the time constant and everyone gets used to it, and then everyone is happy.
-
players that dont match>players that match.
so everybody is unhappy.
comon go ask everyone in otb speed what they prefer in pubs and they will say 5 or 10 maybe 15 at the most.
Dont just think about the experienced players...there are more newbies than experienced players.
-
I think the longer respawn times promote better game play. Face it, if you're respawning practically instantly, there's almost no consequence for dying. You just blindly rush into the action, guns blazing, and hope to get a kill or two before you die and respawn again.
Perhaps a potential way to balance it out would be to have increasing respawn times. Either the more you die, or the further along the round is, the longer the respawn time gets, so rounds could actually end on the short respawn servers, and there would be more of a consequence for dying repeatedly.
-
Hmm. How about something like this:
Base respawn time is x seconds.
If you get no kills during a life, your respawn time goes up 5/10 seconds.
If you get more than two, your respawn goes down 2 seconds for each kill over two.
Or, maybe something simpler, like if you get three kills or more your spawn time goes down by 5ish seconds.
I think that'd be a reasonable solution to the never-ending speed rounds.
-
I think the longer respawn times promote better game play. Face it, if you're respawning practically instantly, there's almost no consequence for dying. You just blindly rush into the action, guns blazing, and hope to get a kill or two before you die and respawn again.
Perhaps a potential way to balance it out would be to have increasing respawn times. Either the more you die, or the further along the round is, the longer the respawn time gets, so rounds could actually end on the short respawn servers, and there would be more of a consequence for dying repeatedly.
ok but 60 for pub is too much.45 is more than fine.