Digital Paint Discussion Board

Digital Paint Community => Other Stuff => Topic started by: SmackWaters on April 21, 2007, 02:08:46 PM

Title: need some video editing help...
Post by: SmackWaters on April 21, 2007, 02:08:46 PM
I need some help combining an .avi file with a .wav file into one .avi file. Since my video recorder doesn't record audio very good (i used camstudio) I used a different program to record the audio into a separate .wav file. I was just wondering if there was any way i could combine the two files into one movie file. I've done a lot of internet searching on this and i came up with a program called virtual dub mod but i don't really know what to do with it. Help on this would be appreciated.
Title: Re: need some video editing help...
Post by: ViciouZ on April 21, 2007, 02:12:12 PM
AutoGK would do this easy. Get it, load the video, load the audio track as your wav file, and select DivX/Xvid
Bear in mind you'd have to set a custom size limit or it would make it 700MB
Title: Re: need some video editing help...
Post by: Zorchenhimer on April 21, 2007, 02:36:32 PM
I would go with a non-linear video editor. They are a little harder to find (for free at least) but work much better. I can't think of any off the top of my head, but thats what you'd want to do.

If you want to use a trial version, try Avid Free DV (http://www.avid.com/products/freedv/index.asp). I use the full version for some of my classes, and I works quite nicely.
Title: Re: need some video editing help...
Post by: SmackWaters on April 21, 2007, 03:48:44 PM
Bear in mind you'd have to set a custom size limit or it would make it 700MB
how would i do this..?
Title: Re: need some video editing help...
Post by: ViciouZ on April 22, 2007, 02:05:15 AM
On the main screen, change "Predetermined Size" to "Custom Size" and type in the size.
Title: Re: need some video editing help...
Post by: SmackWaters on April 22, 2007, 09:17:21 PM
um... this is what my screen looks like, but i don't see "predetermined size" anywhere.
Title: Re: need some video editing help...
Post by: Cobo on April 22, 2007, 09:26:50 PM
That doesnt seem like AutoGK...
http://www.autogk.me.uk/
But I dont know because I havent even downloaded it :P
Title: Re: need some video editing help...
Post by: ViciouZ on April 23, 2007, 11:10:21 AM
That definitely isnt autogk. It is however one of the components.
Title: Re: need some video editing help...
Post by: SmackWaters on April 23, 2007, 07:17:37 PM
Alright. i found what seems to be the right window. I have my movie selected as input and output is also set up. How do i get audio files in? Dragging them doesn't work...
Title: Re: need some video editing help...
Post by: Zorchenhimer on April 23, 2007, 07:45:41 PM
Quote
Step 1: Select input and output file

That might help. :P
Title: Re: need some video editing help...
Post by: kNoC on April 24, 2007, 11:37:12 AM
this is what i do when i take out the source audio and place in .wav audio into music videos to create uncensored music videos

VirtualDub 1.6.17
http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/virtualdub/VirtualDub-1.6.17.zip?download (http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/virtualdub/VirtualDub-1.6.17.zip?download)
*This is a free program and doesn't need registered for full use*

Sony Sound Forge 9
http://www.sonycreativesoftware.com/download/step2.asp?did=726 (http://www.sonycreativesoftware.com/download/step2.asp?did=726)
*This is a free trial and registration will unlock full capabilities*
Title: Re: need some video editing help...
Post by: SmackWaters on April 24, 2007, 04:07:52 PM
I did, how do i get the audio track in?
Title: Re: need some video editing help...
Post by: ViciouZ on April 25, 2007, 02:00:52 AM
Sorry for wsting your time, I seem to remember this having external audio but it doesn't. Try finding a VirtualDub tutorial.