Digital Paint Discussion Board
Paintball 2: The Game => Paintball 2 Discussion => Topic started by: y00tz on April 26, 2007, 11:02:23 PM
-
A few minutes ago, I began work on, and consequently nearly finished, the first theme for Zorchenheimer's next menu release.
Although, the logistics of it have not been worked out, I hope to make this theme compatible as a loadable theme in Zorch's next menu pack.
Attached first shot of "Quasar" theme for Zorchenheimer's menu pack. The menu shown is Zorch's admin menu.
-
Looks good. Not sure if I like the words being squished on the longer ones, but thats more than I've got. ;)
Also, do you have a different pic for a mouse over? I'll PM you something I have. I like my idea, but it looks terrible.
-
It would look nice except for the yellow-on-green-on-blue. Good work anyway! :D
-
I agree, I don't like the squishiness but I was trying to keep your menus as close to what they were as possible. Also this is what the rollover image is...
edit: eiii i had plans of changing the background as part of an installer, but i need to first wait and see what Z's plans are.
the bottom pic is an example of what selected would look like.. it's a little drastic there, but the user would be able to tell it's been clicked /is unclicabled, but still be able to see what it is.
-
A few things:
1. I really like the concept and the fact that people are taking the initiative to upgrade the game - kudos.
2. The font size needs to be the same on every menu button.
3. You need to use a different font, one that isn't kerned so close. ( I believe Jit said he was working on a new font)
4. (My personal opinion only) I really dislike those colors.
Overall - keep up the work. Nothing but good is coming form this.
-
good job! But i don't really like the look of them. If they were smaller and not so bright i would like more. Keep up the good work!
-
I have to agree with #1 - #3 on Knack's list
-
Kind of reminds me of some medieval RTS game with that font.
-
haha! my cousin was playing this game called "Adventure Quest" or somthing like that and it had pretty much the same font
hehe
Nerd RPG game :)
Good work the lekky, i too, do not like the squishyness of the letters.
Im sure you will find a better alternative anyway :P
- Silly
-
Nerds don't play Adventure Quest, we prefer a good game of Zork.
-
haha lmao!
i dont even know what that is :(
-
Zork FTW (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zork)
+1 to TinMan for Zork reference..
-
xyzzy, lets get busy.
-
Ok. I just started these the other day, and I want to know what you think so far.
1st Pic - Normal
2nd Pic - Highlighted
3rd Pic - Selected
-
i like that one, alot. Keep up the good work
-
I think it would look better without the button background -- just use alpha transparency for the blue/yellow highlights and whatnot. This is where PNG support would come in handy, since getting graphic editors to work right with TGA is sometimes a pain.
/me looks at the voting thread.
-
Nothing but good is coming form this.
Claps hands in glee! How is this being released?
-
The second one looks best for me. Only I think you should loose the blue background. After watching it for more then a few seconds I thought I was delusional :) But I really like it.
-
How is this being released?
I'm still working out the details. :P
-
i agree with jitspoe, i probably won't use one with a background, don't think it would suit the game, without it i would for sure.